Amy's "kick up the bum" diary!

I know you can do it too hun!! Just make sensible choices where you can!

I am going Zorbing on Sunday (Yes I am slightly mad!) with my boyfriend and we are going out for Sunday dinner afterwards. I usually find though that Sunday lunch isn't too bad tho if you avoid the roasts and yorkies!

The only other thing is next week I have a course for 2 days where there is a buffet lunch provided. But I might take my own sandwiches anyway just so I know what is in them and go for the fruit rather than the cake dessert! (Easier said than done though!)

What are you up to in London then? I love a trip down there usually to see a show of some kind!!

xx

Good luck Zorbing - i would be so scared - but would maybe do it if i got a bit slimmer and didnt bruise so easily!!!!!! :D

Me and Claireybella (and our other pal and Mr Claireybella) are going to see a show in London (TapDogs) and hoping to meet Mr Adam Garcia on the way out too - hehehe! I love that fella!!!! so i am very excited about Sunday!!!

Would recommend Legally Blonde as a show to see - its AMAZING! x

Cool! I saw tap dogs when it was at the Hippodrome a couple of years ago and it was an amazing show!

I actually was taught by an ex-tap dog when I was at uni and he had taught us some of the routines from the show so I was tapping my feet along!!

Oooh hope you see Mr Garcia - he is ace!!

Haven't seen legally blonde yet - must do that some time.

xx

Just catching up on updating diary. Did my Zorbing yesterday - was good fun apart from my head banging off the ground several times!! Ah well!

Not been very well the last few days. Had a sore throat that feels like it is all the way down to my chest so had a few strepsils to make up. Syn value apparently 1/2 per sweet.

Saturday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - fruit and yoghurt
Snack - banana
lunch - SW quiche (bacon asparagus and peppers with a ham base) with chopped salad
Dinner - Salmon with mixed veg with homemade tomato sauce (Passata, peppers, onion)

Syns - Haribo Hearts 5 syns. 2x strepsils 1 syn = 6 syns

Remaining syns = 86
Syns left this week = 80

Sunday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Omlette with bacon, peppers HEA cheese. Ketchup 2
Lunch - Out for Sunday dinner after zorbing.
Pate with White bread = 16 syns
Lamb dinner. Gravy = 3 syns (didn't touch roasts or yorkie!! Just meat new pots and veg!)
Chocolate and raspberry mousse= 15 syns
Dinner - Banana, Pineapple and Fibre Plus (HEB)
Syns Lunch and Strepsils =2.5. Total =38.5

Remaining syns were 80 now 41.5

Monday 6th - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x Weetabix with chopped strawberries.

Snack - Banana, Mikado 4 (all that is left in the box!!)

Lunch - Speed Chicken Curry with Rice. Shape zero yog.

Snack - Apple, Grapes

Tea - Chicken with stir fry veg - BBQ sauce 3

Total syns 7
Remaining syns was 41.5 now 34.5

Last edited:
Found out that I am now going out for a Thai meal tomorrow night for MIL birthday - If I had known earlier I wouldn't have had a pudding yesterday!!

Ah well still have 30 ish syns left so should be ok!

xx

Last edited:
Hey Amy!
Your meals sound delightful!! What is a speed chicken cuury (sorry if I've missed it somewhere in the thread!!)
Ta x

Hi Kat

It's a recipe our consultant gave us - it sound gross but actually tastes really good and its sooooooo easy to make!

Frylight chicken and onions in a pan.
Add a tin of tomatoes, a tin of mushy peas and a tin of baked beans.
Add curry powder to taste (I usually use about a tbsp)
Stir together and simmer for about 15 mins.

Easy Peasy!!

Just don't look at the mushy peas as you put it in! Once it is all mixed together it looks normal curry colour!!

And thanks for compliment about meals - although I am not the greatest cook and only cook easy recipes!!

xx

Cheers me dears!! :D

Sounds a bit weird but am defo gonna give it a go!! Luuuurve curries!! :D x x

Yea its definitely weird - gave the recipe to my sis who turned her nose up at it but then her husband made it and now they love it!!

Today has been quite hard as been on a course - resisted the biscuits at breaks and had my fruit but lunch wasn't perfect. Had saved my HEB for bread and just had a couple of sandwiches, NO sausage roll! Finished off with some grapes. Not sure the fillings were completely syn free though!

Out for a thai tonight so also going to be hard. Anyway will count remaining syns (34) towards today and then have a low syn day tomorrow.

Hopefully will be ok!

xx

Well yesterday turned into a bit of a disaster!

Made some chocolate dipped strawberries last night for taster night on Thursday but kept nibbling the chocolate - oops!

Then dinner was not the best SW wise. Lots of sauce, noodles and pastry items - Big Oops.

Have loaded my bag today with so much fruit you would not believe in a hope to superspeed the weight off for tomorrow!!

Wednesday 8th Sept - Extra Easy or Red??

Breakfast - Pineapple, Strawberries, Raspberries and Shape Zero Yog

Lunch - Cucumber, tomato, carrot sticks, pepper sticks, pickled onion, ham and HEA cheese.

Snacks - Have the following for throughout the day - Strawberries, Raspberries, Banana, Grapes, Plum, Apple, Fibre Plus (HEB)

Tea - ?? Maybe Quorn steak??

Can't believe WI is tomorrow - it comes round quick!!

xx

Last edited:
Aw Amy I am the same! My OH had the lads round to watch the football last night so I was in charge of making the snacks - BIG mistake! .....obviously! :rolleyes: Don't even know why I said I would do it! I probably ate more preparing them than I served!! :break_diet:

Anyway, today is a new day! I too have brought LOADS of fruit to work and am going to drink loads of water between now and tomorrow and just hope for the best!

I hope this works for us!! :fingerscrossed:

WI day today - have no idea how I will do tonight home scales have decided to go kaput but thats probably a good thing - although I do like to have a rough idea of how i will do before group.

Had an ok week. Probably slightly over syns but not horrendously like some weeks.

Fingers crossed.

This is last WI before holiday so really don't want a gain or STS as likely to put on a few pounds on hols!! Nervous now!

Today's food - Thursday 9th.

Breakfast - Pineapple, Strawberries and Raspberries with Shape zero yog.

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Boiled Egg Salad. Shape Zero Yog.

WI..............

Have taster evening tonight so will probably use a few syns there. I have made chocolate dipped strawberries. 1 syn each.

xx

OMG I would love to see tapdogs, am dead jealous, agree the lovely adam garcia is very hot! I used to tap dance as a kid and would love to do an adults class, unfortunatley there are none in the area cos its a great way to keep fit - what is zorbing? i thought it was a restaurant from your posts but then you said you banged your head? confused!

Hope WI went well last night, re your speedy curry can you really not taste the mushy peas? i'm still not convinced, b ut thanks for recipe, have saved for a brave day!

have wonderful holiday, donna x

Hey Donna,

Shame you don't live by me in the midlands. I am a qualified dance teacher and teach adult tap classes!! But much prefer my little ones on a Saturday!

Zorbing is when you are in a giant inflatable ball and get rolled down a hill!! You are strapped in so its great fun but I just couldn't hold myself up enough to save my head!!

WI ok last night. I STS. Was hoping for a loss before hol but ah well.

Going to enjoy my hol then when I am back start as if I am a newbie and go back to basics. Then I can zoom my way to my 4st sticker!!

Probably won't update much now as dancing all tomorrow and then go away on Sunday. Will post when I get back!

Will miss you all!

xx

P.S You really can't taste the mushy peas in the curry! Go on - Be Brave!

CONGRATULATIONS on Young Slimmer of the Year!! That's amazaing - bet you're chuffed!! :winner:

Hope you have a FAB holiday x x

Well I am back!!

I have had a lovely holiday - plenty of non-SW food and alcohol but glad to be home and firmly back on track.

I have WI tomorrow and fully expecting a gain but know that I have had a good time and am ready to fully commit to SW and have a good few weeks to lose a good amount ready for my dancing show in November!

Bring it on!!

Looking forward to catching up with everybody!

xx

Back