Amy's pregnancy diary, trying to stay away from 12st!

im struggling with my appetite at the moment.

not getting hungry until the evenings so breakfast and lunch are a struggle, then i overeat in the evening :confused:

anyone got any opinion on slimfast while pregnant? i have a tin already from a while back. wondered if i should have some for breakfast instead of nothing....

i know it has sugar and stuff in it, but surely something is better than nothing? hmmm might give it a go tomorrow

Hmmm, not sure about slimfast when pg... It is probably full of E-numbers too, and it may fill you up more so you eat even less later. Why not just have a glass of milk and some fruit instead? That should kick start your metabolism and get your appetite going again.

i have been drinking milk, thats what made me think of adding something to it.

couldnt stomach fruit tbh struggle with it when im not pregnant.

You werido, lol! :p Onlu joking, it is just that I am the complete opposite!!! I bring 4-5 pieces of fruit with me to work everyday, often pop out for a punnet of strawberries and still eat more fruit in the evening. Couldn't live without it!

What does take your fancy for breakfast then? I have heard lots of people say those Belvita breakfast biscuits are really nice, if you think something like that may work? Yogurt, possibly with a little musli sprinkled over it? Or an egg or two as you like them?

thats what i mean, absolutely nothing takes my fancy. got plenty of tasty stuff in just no appetite until around tea time:rolleyes:

What about a more filling drink? A milky drink (I have a weakness for chocolate milk!), or a smoothie of some kind. I don't know much about slimfast, I tried it once for about 2 days and gave in as there was no way I could do it!

Maybe your appetite has just got out of sync with all the moving and you just need to it back to normal. Perhaps a change of cereal, or pick one that you don't usually get even though you like it (mine would be crunchy nut cornflakes - they'd just go too quickly), and just try and eat a small amount of it and slowly build that up at first.

If you love strawberries it's the british season now and cheaper in the shops. A bowl of those on their own is a wonderful snack.

I've not had much of an appetite for several weeks now, I've just pushed myself to at least eat the necessary foods, 3 times a day, even though I'm not eating much.

Hopefully it'll sort itself out now you're in your new place, a bit more relaxed etc.

Back