Angekins - New Year=New Me

So excited to read your weight loss - hope you have a great first week on cruise. Glad you are so motivated - it can be tough at times but as long as you don't let yourself get hungry and plan it is usually a breeze! Good luck this week! x

Thanks for all the good wishes, I still can't believe it! Just keeping everything crossed that it still keeps working now I'm off attack. I'm sticking to the diet 100% & can honestly say it's the first time I can claim that!
Cruise - day 2 PP
B - Yoghurt & sweetener
L - Chicken & cottage cheese
D - Burgers (homemade)
S - Muffin & s/f jelly
D - 2.5ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water & 2 x 250mls pepsi max

Cruise - day 3 PV
B - Yoghurt & sweetener
L - Onion & Celery Soup, Ham
D - Steak & leeks
S - muffin & s/f jelly
D - 3ltrs still water & 3 x 250mls pepsi max

Terrible nights sleep last night, woke up at 0245, stayed awake until just after 6am, then the alarm went off at 7am. Have felt out of sorts all day, but haven't strayed from plan! Hope I sleep better tonight!

Cruise -day 4 PP
B - Yoghurt & sweetener
L - Chicken
D - Meatloaf (thanks to the recipe on here)
S - Muffin & s/f jelly
D - 2ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water & 2x250mls pepsi max

Thankfully slept really well last night and felt much better today. Did a big shop and stocked up on everything, now have menus planned for the next 2 weeks. Even managed to walk down the choccy aisle without putting anything into the trolley - major achievement!!

Can you imagine walking down the choc aisle when on a diet before - would have been perfect excuse to pile it all in the trolley - I amaze myself atm. Just buying my son a cake at a cafe and not being tempted to steal it off him is unheard of- even when he says he has had enough and there is half left I haven't stolen it!! I think I have been kidnapped by aliens and they have replaced me with a person who has willpower! LOL. Fingers crossed for weigh in on Monday - you should see another good loss I would think. xxx

Oh trudyc what you said is so true! Normally when shopping on a diet things would just 'appear' in the trolley and obviously once paid for and at home had to be eaten and down the slippery slope I would once again go! This time I haven't even been tempted once, a first for me and long may it continue.
Cruise - day 5 PV
B - Yoghurt & sweetener
L - Quiche with turkey, red pepper & cherry toms
D - Finished meatloaf & onion & celery soup
S - Muffin & s/f jelly
D - 2.5ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water & 2x250mls pepsi max
Have a nice weekend everyonex

Another great day I see - your menus are impressive - I keep saying it but they are. I am someone who tends to eat the same day in and day out - I really need to get my butt into gear and try other things. I did cook Lady Mahaylas creamy salmon tonight and it was AMAZING totally delicious and one I would cook for a dinner party any day!!!! Delicious. Hope you have a great weekend and well done again for avoiding the choc aisle!!! x

Thanks trudyc, I write out a menu at the start of the week and try to stick to it. I knew that this diet would be challenging because I don't eat fish of any kind and I know I won't stick to it if it's just chicken or beef, chicken or beef etc, so I've tried to do a few different things. The recipe thread on here is great for ideas. Anyway today:
Cruise - day 6 PP
B - Yoghurt & sweetener
L - Ham & cottage cheese
D - Spicy chicken pieces (homemade)
S - Muffins & s/f jelly
D - 2ltrs still water, 500mls of fizzy and 2x250mls pepsi max
See you all tomorrow.

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow Angekins!

Thank you! I don't feel any different so not sure what's going to happen, will have to wait and see!
Cruise - day 7 PV
B - Yoghurt
L - Ham quiche
D - Turkey meatballs in a tomato sauce
S - Muffin, s/f jelly
D - 2.5ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water & 3x250mls pepsi max

Weigh in today and have lost 1.25lbs (every little helps!) wasn't too sure how I was going so am pleased to see a loss.
Cruise - day 8 PP
B-yoghurt
L-ham
D-chicken
S-muffin & jelly
D-2ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water & 2x250mls pepsi max.
I know I'm sticking to the diet 100% (first time for everything!) so hopefully will keep going onwards and downwards!

It will don't worry Angekins, another pound or so is great and I bet all your clothes are feeling looser??? I tend to hit a rhythm of loosing a lot one week and not a lot the next and you may be the same. YOu have done soooo well to stick to it and believe me it gets easier and easier as the weeks go by and will very soon become a way of life and you will revel in the lack of dependency you have on carbs and sugar. The very fact I can serve my son toast, a cake, choc, ice cream and not even think about wanting it is a real revelation to me and I still get a thrill every time I achieve it!!! Keep going girl x

Thanks trudyc for the encouragement, I'm determined to make this work and at least this time I KNOW I haven't cheated, which would usually have happened! So if I keep sticking to the diet then I'm sure the scales will keep heading in the right direction, fingers crossed anyway!
B-Yoghurt
L-Celery & onion soup, ham
D-Turkey meatballs in tomato sauce
S-Muffins, s/f jelly
D-2.5ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water & 2x250mls pepsi max.

They will so keep going!!!!x

B-yoghurt
L-Ham quiche
D-Chicken & courgettes
S-Muffin, jelly
D-2ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water, 2x250mls pepsi max
Everything ok, just keep waking up really early, between 3 & 4am and finding it really hard to get back off to sleep. Never normally wake in the night, so this is very unusual for me. Have got exams coming up so maybe they are playing on my mind or something. Anyway, will see how I go.

Busy day today & seemed to be lots of biscuits etc on offer, but managed to stay firm and declined every offer,someone did ask if I was feeling ok - lol!
B-yoghurt
L-ham & cottage cheese
D-steak
S-muffin & jelly
D-2ltrs water & 2x250mls pepsi max

Had an ok day, doing revision for upcoming exam on 27th, actually enjoyed going out for a walk-anything to get away from the books!
B-yoghurt
L-vegetable soup & ham
D-chicken & courgette
S-muffins & jelly
D-3ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water & 3x250mls pepsi max
Have just realised how much I've had to drink today, hope it all helps at the weigh-in!

Managed another shop without anything "extra" finding its way into the trolley!
B-yoghurt
L-homemade burgers
D-chicken
S-muffins & yoghurt
D-2ltrs still water, 2x250mls pepsi max & 500mls fizzy water
Am keeping everything crossed for tomorrow morning's weigh-in...

Busy day revising for the dreaded exams! Weighed in first thing though and was pleased to see down 1.75lbs (would have been nice to see 2lbs!) Anyway that makes a total of -11 in three weeks, so I'm very happy and am determined to keep going.
B-yoghurt
L-quiche
D-meatloaf with leeks
S-muffin & jelly
D-2ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water & 2x250mls pepsi max.

Back