Angie-bum's getting gorgeous slim and save daily diary

Hi Dancing, I remember you too, from the old days!Desperately trying to find a: people I know and b: people I know who are posting regularly! And angie-bum fits both those. We all that know someone is serious when they are posting on here most days -- and they are the ones to get there! Here's goes. We know it can be done and we have learned so much about ourselves along the way so there is nothing stopping us this time! There is a golden time, but it can be even better when you know all the tricks and pitfalls!

only yesterday I looked at my post count and wondered what all the new joiners would think of it :-/ ... not a great advertisement for the diet to be back here trying to lose the same amount of weight all over again :-(

Your post count is a previous diary of how you've lost weight before, it's also a testament that getting the weight off and keeping it off takes different skills & a testament that you are still trying.

I've not done the maintaining after a vlcd, but I did manage to keep off several stones by constant vigalence and portion control, during ny 20s, I do wonder about my use of minimins, it's always been here to support me losing weight, when I'm maintaining I will have to Coe on here to eep me on track

We know it can be done and we have learned so much about ourselves along the way so there is nothing stopping us this time! There is a golden time, but it can be even better when you know all the tricks and pitfalls!

Oh yes I know the tricks and the pitfalls. I also know a strong sign I am wavering, if I don't come on here for a few days its not a good sign. I've had doubts the last few days but I'm just pushing on. I am not giving up. Having emotional ups and downs is just part of life. If I was eating regular food I'd have silenced the uncomfortable feelings with food.

to begin with I was giddy with happy thoughts around losing the weight. Now I've lost a good chunk of weight I'm not so excited, I'm only going to feel good now when I get to goal, but don't get me wrong, I am pleased I have gone down 2+ dress sizes, just not as excited. So I keep eating the packs drinking my drinks and willing myself to bide my time, I will be on or near goal for Christmas. That is something to hold onto and be thankful for. I suppose what I'm saying is no matter what I am feeling, I am sticking to the plan

LOL smelling the food. I like that. Must try it. You don't get fat on smelling the food no matter how many calories there are. And eys angie I remember well that giddy feeling. I used ti get it on weigh day as I moved my ticker along. Bliss! What are you having doubts about? Not losing weight? Because it is impossible not to lose weight on the diet you are on, and you will be there by Christmas so start enjoying the planning and go online and pick out your dream outfit for Christmas Day!

PS Dancing's photos just gave me an idea angie bum. As you are not weighing yourself why don't you take a photo of yourself every Saturday morning? You might not be able to see a difference day to day but if you built up a few weeks of pics you would be able to see it then?

I can pinpoint why I was wavering...I was wavering because I was running out of packs and substituting allowed things for not allowed things which got out of hand. i bought the 5 a day plan but only doing 3 items with food i ran out of my dietary staples (bars and crispy shakes). I was going along alright once id eaten all the bars as I had a few boxes of Tesco ultra slim bars left from doing exante (yurk didn't like the exant bars) any way substituting the bar was fine though I find it triggers my food cravings/ the munchies.......But then I ran out of crispy shakes....don't like the other shakes as a drink and they don't make a good pudding either (not ordered them this time).

I found a couple of days ago I tried having a sweet porridge which I really don't like (note to self, try and make into a cookie or cutting it with a shake) having the porridge with foods/meats not on the list (chorizo & ham and cream cheeseand overeating, still under 900 cals but still not good) Basically made myself miserable cos I was trying to eat up the packs I'm not fond of and not getting in a new package, cos its expensive. (Am also hormonal lay bloated with water).

So I gave myself a talking to. I realised I have at least 2 months left to go, but at the rate I was wobbling I was setting myself up for a fall (it's so important to know yourself and reflect on what you are doing...and how you've come undone before) So i remedied this situation before I completely fell off the wagon and ordered a new pack. i am counting when I get the second s&s package as a reboot, the second half of this weight loss journey, I'd got a bit complacent that I could lose the weight if I substituted items. I still think you can, but only 1 item occasionally not substituting everything and then not eating the packs. Nope, I am on s&s not a low carb/Atkins typ diet.

you see I can't do this diet 'perfectly' but oh have I learned what I must do. Get and stay in ketosis. Don't eat your bar til the end of the day it triggers your snuffling behaviour. Avoid people who think they know best as Everyone has an opinion.
Just eat your packs and don't eat because of emotional strains. I eat at lunchtime then again in the evening. I leave a little bit of bar and crispy shake in the evening for when my little puddings gone to bed. It is my reward for getting through the day! Drink enough fluid!

Its one of those hard things, I've obviously lost a shed load of weight. I have less motivation to losing the weight as quickly. Children are less likely to throw buns at me now :) a cute postman dropped off a package and even looked me up and down and smiled hahahahaha! But, I still have 2 stone to lose. Am regrouping and refocusing.

Im not at goal yet. I cannot let myself off the hook. I cannot abandon the bars and shakes just yet.

PS Dancing's photos just gave me an idea angie bum. As you are not weighing yourself why don't you take a photo of yourself every Saturday morning? You might not be able to see a difference day to day but if you built up a few weeks of pics you would be able to see it then?

Unfortunately I already take photos and I looker fatter than last week cos of water retention lol, it's alright I am not despondent the baby fat I accumulated in pregnancy seems to be really resistant to change. My legs look thinner everything else is coming into line but I'm a dead ringer for me at 6 months pregnant. It's only time before someone asks me when I'm due!
It's all on the front part of my stomach . It's the only place I still have an accumulation of fat, so it will shrink before Christmas!

I'm not that worried, I have my vlcd head firmly screwed on, I know my new package with bountiful amounts of crispy shakes and maple fruit bars are being packaged-up for me ready for Monday. I'm going to restart with a determined head on. Crikey I've only 2 stone to lose not 6. I am very grateful for that.

What a gripping post! You did the right thing ordering the packs...........yes, it's expensive but worth it to have what you need to make this as painless as possible. You can only really handle one pack you don't like per day max I think. Think of all the money you'll be saving by being able to get into your old clothes again! I really think you should become a vlcd chef! Your talk of orange chocolate puddings, and now possibly the sweet porridge cookie?? Even the language you use is your own......like "cutting" the porridge with a shake! What exactly does that mean? Half and half...........or in your case probably a quarter and a quarter because you are the Half Pack Queen I remember lol!

Hang in there to Monday and don't fret..........just up your water a little if you find yourself eating a little too much protein, or if you can get to any supermarket or Boots they all seem to do their own shakes and bars these days....to tide you over?

What a gripping post! You did the right thing ordering the packs...........yes, it's expensive but worth it to have what you need to make this as painless as possible. You can only really handle one pack you don't like per day max I think. Think of all the money you'll be saving by being able to get into your old clothes again! I really think you should become a vlcd chef! Your talk of orange chocolate puddings, and now possibly the sweet porridge cookie?? Even the language you use is your own......like "cutting" the porridge with a shake! What exactly does that mean? Half and half...........or in your case probably a quarter and a quarter because you are the Half Pack Queen I remember lol!

Hang in there to Monday and don't fret..........just up your water a little if you find yourself eating a little too much protein, or if you can get to any supermarket or Boots they all seem to do their own shakes and bars these days....to tide you over?

:)

the cookie from the porridge I'd seen in the s&s recipe thread. Though some say it still sucks as a cookie.

I had to smile cos I actually did cut a quarter crispy shake with the same amount of hazelnut to make it go further.

the language is from the class a drugs world, I have no experience of except from crime programmes. Have heard it being used in the context of a powdered drug being 'cut' with talc or cement dust to make it go further

so yup, I cut my shakes, mixing the superior tastes with the ones that make me go bleugh!

i have still to make the porridge taste okay. Good job I've only a couple of them left.

Roll on Monday. My shipment mainly consists of crispy shakes, maple fruit and dark truffa bars with a big handful of cottage pies and a smattering of mushroom pasta. I seem to have loads of chilli and spagettie left over this time. I like them but gravitate toward the other packs given the choice. Am looking forward to the range of choice again.

also good news, have had the whooooosh I needed, am comfortable in size 16s and I look a whole less bloated than 24 hours ago. Like ever other step of this journey, I have to keep my head down and just keep moving forward. Sometimes avoiding the mirror or the next size down, sometimes revelling in the feeling of being thinner.

im actually proud today I've got this far and steered my way through the choppy seas of a vlcd. It's never just about the food or how much you weigh. I felt better about myself at 18 stone and in denial than when I was 15 stone and acutely aware of how far I still had to go.

i think this time I have been vigilant for the signs that I am struggling. I have also not got complacent. It's the key to where I have gone wrong before.

Okay, Nuff of me, little un is wanting to get up and I need that cup of black coffee I left on the range. Toddle-pip hope the weekend isa good one

Wonder if you can get addicted to a vlcd? Certainly you get a high from the results!

At least you know exactly what packs to order now and hopefully you're getting through the ones you don't like. Must say the chilli is my favourite S&S one. More so than the cottage pie but no doubt you can cut the chilli with something nicer!

I know what you mean at how you where actually OK about yourself some days when you were bigger.....but possibly it was because that packet of biscuits looked more inviting at the time than dieting. Somehow when we are dieting we are actually harder on ourselves........like we are willing it to come off faster.

Glad to hear you started the weekend with a slin looking day!

It's all good.

Had half cheese mac, turkey, mushrooms courgettes and leek. Then went with little un to do cooking at children's centre. We made bread and butter pudding which my kid loved and daddy will wolf down. We got home and I'd had my delivery so had a half crispy shake. Then later Ill have some fish or turkey and veg with my other half crispy shake and my choice of bars. I think I'll have a maple one cos I love em. I used to have half at midday but the maple ones taste so good I always have trouble keeping some back. So will treat myself to a yummy portion of yumminess later.

I did have good intentions to up my exercise ratio but seem to be able to do it. May just start with some simple stomach exercises. I used to do a toning routine when I was younger, it worked and I did it regularly every night. Will see if I can get into it. I quite like my exercise bike but I find it really hurts my bum! Even with a padded seat. May have to see if I can apply more padding.

am having a good day, I don't feel hungry, my jeans are really loose now, though I can't quite get into my 14s, when I am I'll know I'm on the home straight.

i also put henna in my hair this am, it's covered the smattering of grey I have & made it a tiny bit darker and very shiny

You're already on a home straight, having a good day in looser jeans and not feeling hungry!!! Glad your packs arrived. Know how it feels to have lots of choice again...like Christmas! Haven't tried the maple bar, I'm still addicted to the CD Malt Toffee Bar, but maybe I'll give it a go. Never got on with exercise bikes, for the same reason. Got an excellent Pilates dvd offa amazon for a fiver which really helped me get into the dress. Let me know if you want me to look for the name of it. It might spur you along. Watched a film on youtube on how to work out with kettle bells. They look a bit scarey. Noticed they have them in my little gym but too scared to try them out in case one goes flying out of my hand in smashes the mirror or something lol!

You're already on a home straight, having a good day in looser jeans and not feeling hungry!!! Glad your packs arrived. Know how it feels to have lots of choice again...like Christmas! Haven't tried the maple bar, I'm still addicted to the CD Malt Toffee Bar, but maybe I'll give it a go. Never got on with exercise bikes, for the same reason. Got an excellent Pilates dvd offa amazon for a fiver which really helped me get into the dress. Let me know if you want me to look for the name of it. It might spur you along. Watched a film on youtube on how to work out with kettle bells. They look a bit scarey. Noticed they have them in my little gym but too scared to try them out in case one goes flying out of my hand in smashes the mirror or something lol!

Hi!

i have sooooooo many exercise tapes and DVDs, just can't motivate myself. The Callenetics one is good and the tummy bit of it takes literally 90 seconds. I think I can fit that into my day :) I also have the full Kettleworx box set. I am ashamed to say ie not even got it out te celephane. I will definitely need to up my exercise rate when am maintaining.

i will try to commit to doing the tummy exercises nightly.

Used to do Jane Fonda workout religiously and yogalates.

Right can't do any exercise now as am filled with mac cheese mushrooms and ham and I've still to have to have my crispy choc pudding. But I vow that once my little un has gone to sleep for the night I will get on the floor and do the tummy exercises. I could actually do it while my meal pack is in the microwave. You gotta start somewhere.

as it is I feel cream crackered today might have a nap on the sofa if able

Forgot to say, the henna came out well. Have naturally brown hair going to auburn. My hair is now a shade darker but not harshly, the grey is pretty much covered and its shiny and aromatic. Will definitely do again. It does say that even when washed out the colour continues to develop up to 2 days later. Am happy with how it looks. Spent the morning with a friend and her toddler going for a blustery walk, with intermittent drizzle. I now have a head of rich brown, very curly hair lol.

Am definitely on the home straight. Can see it in my features, can see it in my clothes :) and the great thing is I know it's only going to get better and I'll be semi attractive for my Birthday and shapelier for Christmas.

am actually starting to feel proud that I've accomplished this. Only a week ago I was in the doldrums. Just goes to show you mustn't give up, even when it feels tough.

Hi dancing!

update- managed 100 reps of tummy exercises and a few leg exercises.

Was about to get on my exercise bike when Mr put on a film and I got into that instead. Will do more tomorrow

Blimey, 100 reps! I don't come on for a day and it all happens! Great to hear you are starting to see a difference as that will really spur you on to goal now!

just did myself a bit of a pamper session, nail varnish on, hair done pretty shoes found (haven't worn for 4 years as feets too big!), pretty top put on.

I can be pretty.

i want to do this for me.

I will never be petite as I am tall, have a big bone structure and pronounced jaw.

However, I also have long shapely legs. I am tall. I have big well defined eyes. I have high pronounced cheekbones. Ive been told i look Rubenesque

When I scrub up and put the effort in, men have swooned :) I have yet to see what I look like skinny this time, but I can already tell that child birth has resulted in my having wider shapelier hips and bust. I've definitely got a bit of an hour-glass/vavavoom thing going on & am secretly really pleased.

I want to do this for myself. I have no mate to attract. Am very happy with ma man. We've had ups downs and round and rounds but we are happy, settled.

I just want to have a chance to be pretty, on my own terms wearing clothes and shoes and pretty things expressing myself. I'm getting there.

Last edited:
And you have every right to do so

I bet you are stunning and doing it for yourself is the best reason to lose weight ever

Ooh not written for a bit, but can now say. Can fit into size 14s and am sitting in my skinny jeans. I can see I still have to lose some off my legs and belly but my body is definitely coming into line. I even bothered to put on make up several times this week and been pleased with the result. It's ard to believe I've got this far. Just have to lose a little more and ill be home and dry.

Phew! It's all good

YAY!!!!:bliss:You really are getting there! Well done you :clap:! It looks like we are going to meet in the middle. I'm sitting here in my size 12 cords with the button open because they're too tight :rotflmao:! Shouldn't be laughing I know, it's getting serious. Haven't smoked since Sept 4th and well, you can only prioritise one thing, but now my clothes are getting a little tight and I gave away my bigger clothes action is going to be needed soon.
Hopefully we'll both get there for Christmas! :xmastree:

Back