Angie-bum's getting gorgeous slim and save daily diary

You know what you need to do, it's so much easier when it's only a few pounds. Do not buy bigger jeans!

Its good being able to get into my skinny jeans though I know I looked better in them before 4 years ago, so have still a bit to lose, though give me another month and I think I'll be there. I know I look acceptable, not knock em dead. It is great seeing my figure re-emerging though. Even if my face is more lined now

I know. It's very tempting to buy larger.....just to get me through the winter but I am resisting. Also resisting a tunic top to cover offending spare tyre as I know would far rather lose it, would be much happier a stone or two lighter. I am psyching myself up to a vcld again........why do you think I have been lurking on here!

Well done on getting into your skinny jeans. That must have been a marvellous moment when the button closed and zip went up. Been there the first time a size 12 fitted. As yu say, in a few weeks they will look stunning on you so just focus on that. Then I want to see a photo!!! Need inspiration here and I still remember those photos of you in your garden looking slim and proud of it last time you did it!:)

Need inspiration here and I still remember those photos of you in your garden looking slim and proud of it last time you did it!:)

Thats nice to know, cos I'm currently about 7lbs lighter than that :)

ive given u and only u permission to see my albums the garden photos are there

i can hardly believe I've lost most of the weight again.

i don't even seem to need to come on here as much. Every week m losing weight and looking better in clothes, it's just a matter of time til I'm at goal. And now I look okay in clothes I'm less worried ill never get to goal. It's very good to have lost weight

Last edited:
That's them! Felt quite nostaligic looking at them again. 2008 was a good year for cambridge!
How do you know you are 7lbs less? Have you had a sneeky peek at the scales? :eek:
Can't wait to see the After photos of Christmas 2012!

angie-bum said:
Thats nice to know, cos I'm currently about 7lbs lighter than that :)

ive given u and only u permission to see my albums the garden photos are there

i can hardly believe I've lost most of the weight again.

i don't even seem to need to come on here as much. Every week m losing weight and looking better in clothes, it's just a matter of time til I'm at goal. And now I look okay in clothes I'm less worried ill never get to goal. It's very good to have lost weight

Wow so inspiring u sound on top of the world (and rightly so!)

Am feeling quite good :) everything looks so much better on me. I did get complacent though and broke the diet for about a week. Nothing that silly but got a taste of eating too much. Thought I would shock myself and actually look at the scales for the first time in 3 months. It said 14.4, which was close to a stone heavier than I'd thought I was :( , and way too close to 15 stone for my liking, so took my dieting-carcrash in hand (had been over the top at early Halloween party and my friends40th). I am now 14 stone, though I know I look less. It's my birthday at the end of the week and I'm determined to be 13 something by then. Then I am doing weekly weighing until Xmas eve. I would really like to be around 12.9 by then.

am very focussed again, and the scales are my friends now. Before this, when I was so much bigger and not in the vlcd groove/habit, knowing I wasn't magically smaller was too much to bear. Now I am smaller, but not light enough, the scales will keep me on the right track.

i looked in a full length mirror in m&s last week, & saw myself from pretty much all sides. It's good to see how much my appearance has changed. I tried on a pretty top in a size 18 as they didn't have a 16. It was huge on me, it simply didn't fit, but the 14 was too tight. I know if I lost another 2 stone it would. Weightloss is so freeing. I really hated being huge, it knocked my self respect and confidence. Thank goodness I found s&s. so much more like food.

being fatter was my armor, now being more physically socially acceptable is. I don't judge a book by its cover but so many people do.

Unfortunately when skinnier I also get a lot more attention generally, which I find a bit weird. I think I just look so different when skinny or heavy that people I know thro work who haven't seen me for a while, just stare. That's okay though. Am sure as long as I don't glam myself up too much I'll be okay.

i want to be a healthy 12 stone again, nothing is going to stop that.

So glad you're back on track again and sounding so positive. You'll get to where you want to be for your birthday (that's moreorless done) and to 12 9 for Xmas. Think the weekly weigh in will really help keep you motivated now. I remember I couldn't wait until weigh day. I used to go to my CDC before breakfast! Well I had to as I would have run out of the week's supply.

I was in a M&S changing room as well today. I wanted a jumper or tunic type thing for the winter. I have plenty of jumpers but I suppose what I was really looking for was a tunic to come down and cover my spare tyre. Hmm, not good, I know. Tried on a lovely long knitted thing in a size 16. It clung to every curve and bulge and did not have the desired effect of skimming and hiding it all for the winter at all. I stood there thinking I would have to go up to an 18 or even a 20 to get the look I wanted. Then I thought Nope! Enough! It has got to stop. Put it back and walked out.
So, I am down in England until Monday and will check my S&S and CD stocks then, weigh myself on Tuesday morning and get started, while I can still see my feet!

Yup, get started while you can still see your feet ;) that's very good advice

Okay am back on track after my birthday. I am still hovering around 14 stone. Want to be 13 stone by Christmas. Ultimately I'd like to be 12 stone again, it's been a long time since I've been that weight. Not been 12 stone for coming up 13 years! I looked quite good at 11.7, but not been that since 1997! At this point being 13 something would be nice

It's amazing how dropping a couple of pound has helped my appearance. I was 13.11 this am. We ate the wrong things today as was stranded then at a toddler party. Managed not to eat anything sweet and not hungry tonight so not eaten.

Anyway. This am able to get into maroon trousers so much better than I could. Not able to get into tightest blue jeans, but it's getting there. Losing some of it off my thighs. Can really see that I'm about a stone away from looking good which is very good news. Am not complacent though. Need to be at or below 13 stone by Christmas. Still have big tummy when I sit down, but know I will get there soon. So I am nearly there. It's been easier this time in some ways, so glad I tried in earnest to do a vlcd again, it works when you let it.

You'll be in the 12s by Xmas easily hun :) well done so far

Xx

Well done you on having your birthday and staying on track! Had the weekend in Belfast I was planning, back today, so now no excuses not to blitz it for Christmas and see if I can catch you up.................or should I say catch you down! I was 11 stone 10 lbs when I got married on 11 August, and now, three months later I am 14 stone 10lbs........that's a stone for ever month of married life! And giving up smoking. Would like to be 13 something by Christmas, although I hardly noticed the 13's on the way up!

hi there, where you gone? After a week of meal replacement breakfast and lunch I stopped phaffing around yesterday and cut out food altogether. It's the only way forward and down. Want to meet in you in the 13's by Christmas! Just been reading some of your posts on the recipe thread -- about porridge cookies as I have found a couple of Slim & save porridges in my cupboard and have gone off them big time so might bake them up and see if it improves them any.
Hope you are doing Ok and into your skinny blue jeans by now!

Tried the porridge cookies -- made two from one pack. Not bad, and they got quite crispy as they cooled but I remember why I didn't like the original oatmeal (I am with you on the sweet oatmeal it is hellish).....it's the smell of it. Really turns my stomach. Got one pack left.....will bury it at the back of the cupboard until I forget how much I hate the smell.

hello, just ordered 84 items of S&S. Ordered about 12 crisy chocs coz of you! Couldn't decide which bars to go for. Know I won't like any of them as much as the CD Malt Toffee. Don't like dark chocolate so just went for the three milk choc ones. Which bar do you like best?
Missing you! Where are you? Need someone to keep me on the straight and narrow until Christmas, and I've just been invited to a wedding -- in March!

Hi guys, I'm back! Fell off the wagon somewhat since November. Put on 9lb, which is a miracle cos I was expecting more after eating with total abandon for 2 months.

back on the diet since yesterday, and it's as easy as I remember it, as I am in the zone.

Frances, I like the chocolate truffa and fruit bars and like the lemon yogurt for a change. However I still have lots of shakes and meal packs and no bars to eat so have swapped their bars with a tesco meal replacement.

so my day is generally back to how it was....mint tea and black coffee from first rise til midday, then a tuna salad with spoonful of low carb dip and cucumber followed by choc pud made with half crispy shake and half a tesco crispy bar.
then tonight the rest of the family will be having something minced beef based, so I will have a spoonful of that with a s&s spag Bol mix, followed by half a choc pack and the rest of the crispy bar.

I hope to get back to where I was quite quickly. I am quite good at focussing for the first 6 weeks which will take me up to Valentines. I'll have a planned break then, then back on it for another month. I hope to have lost the weight I need to by then.

good luck everyone :)

i intend to come on minimins at least a couple of times a week, it really helps

Yay, you're back. Happy New Year! I've missed you. I went with my instincts and bought some of all three of the milk chocolate bars from S&S. Think I like the Praline one best, but Truffa and the almond one are good too. Just wish they were as big as the CD bars! I put on 7lbs in the 2 weeks over Christmas so 9lbs in two months is not bad at all.
Started back today and was coming on to do something with my diary and update my ticker. Even got before photo taken today too! So pleased to see you back. Next target Valentine's Day. We've done this before so we know we can do it!

Back