Angie-bum's getting gorgeous slim and save daily diary

Your doing grand and you will be fine maintaining, its called refeeding for reason. Slow, steady, retraining and adapting

You are going grand hun :) Xx

On balance, I am beginning to think it is probably more realistic to weigh yourself monthly. That way, sufficient time will have passed to give you a decent loss, and yet the monthly rule will mean that it won't put you off track the way it can? Just an idea?

my problem would still be knowing my weight now. I don't think I'd be happy with any figure that's not near my goal weight. I just know myself well. I can think I'm doing well then wobble because of some innocent entry on minimins about struggling. Even though I'm doing really well I still sometimes wonder if I'm doing it right. I suppose the best thing I can do is just eat the food and not worry too much.

Your doing grand and you will be fine maintaining, its called refeeding for reason. Slow, steady, retraining and adapting

You are going grand hun :) Xx

thank you, I seem to be wobbling for no good reason, worrying about things that may happen in the future that I have no control over. Have had a chat with hubby and we've agreed we won't go nuts over Christmas. A good meal and drinks on the day with the emphasis on good quality tasty food not empty carbs based on white flour fat sugar or salt. It's the party food season, but we'll be sticking to meat veg a bit of fruit cake and a glass of port. That'll make my Christmas.

Right. Am okay now :) realise I was freaking out about Christmas, even though its 3 months away! Panic over.

Having a better morning. Tried on some skinny clothes that I've not worn for 4 years. A pair of dark blue jeans with faded bits on the thighs. Can get them on and pull em up over the thighs & do them up, though I had a huuuuusge muffin top.
then tried on some maroon trousers and can't quite do them up. I suppose I was relieved to see what my reflection was like this am, as I felt very fat/ swollen last night. However the fight is not over yet, standing up I look a lot thinner than when sitting (I have a mirror right by the bed). Oh dear, I always had a bit of a belly, but child birth has made my tummy muscles give out. So I have a Callenetics DVD, need to get on with it. Gravity is working on my jelly belly and I looked like a melted pudding when I saw myself in the mirror. But that is okay. I feel thinner but still have work to do I can live with that.

i guess I'm getting nearer 13 stone something. I'll give it a month and weigh myself on my birthday. The results have been really good this time. A vlcd is a marvel when you do it right.

Last edited:
Nice to see changes and slipping into smaller clothes :)

Tummies take time esp after babies but they get there, mine us finally getting back to normal from Feb. Lots of massaging and keeping active helps

Have a good day hun Xx

Christmas :48:is indeed a tough time for dieters but I doesn't need to be. Let's face it, we didn't get fat on turkey did we? And a couple of days per year is not enough to make us gain excessively. As we well know, it isn't really Christmas dinner itself, or even Christmas and Boxing Day that does the damage, it's the run up to it and the difficultly of getting back on the wagon once you've overeaten a few times.

You just need to devise a plan and stick to it I suppose. I know that when I have been in the zone, I have been enjoying being slim so much, and trying on new clothes, I didn't overeat and one year I actually managed to lose a pound over the fortnight, just by skipping roast potatoes and anything with pastry! It's all about mind over matter. Don't be afraid of Christmas, just plan it. If you want 2/3 days off, fine, enjoy it, or just put limits in for two weeks, or if you are really in the zone I cannot describe how smug you feel watching others putting on weight while you sip your tonic water. It's like you are getting ahead in the race, and banking credits while they will have to go to the gym after Christmas LOL!

Hang in there, you're doing great!

Thanks for your support guys :)

i think I can be quite an absolutist in my thinking, black and white thinking. A vlcd or just eating junk, no really thought of the middle ground.....well the middle ground is what I have to head for during Christmas and beyond. So I won't be on a vlcd then, but I also can avoid pastry and anything that has the main ingredient of sugar! I was actually eating my crispy shake and diet bar pudding earlier thinking I'd far rather eat that than any other pudding :) there is no reason why I can't still eat the odd s&s packet if I want to & gradually substitute packs for real food. I suppose that's what referring is, the gradual change from a vlcd to a way of eating for life. The refeeding bit. Not done that before. Every time I've lost weight and I have done it countless times, I was either on a diet or not watching what I was eating. I only really spent a lot of my teens and 20s at 12 stone because I was perpetually on some kind of diet to lose another half stone, the only time I was 11 something I was also either walking long distances to get to work or my job was very physical. So I have maintained before, by constant attention to the scales and by being active.

feel okay about things, back in the zone am just going to go have a lovely bath and then a read in bed me thinks :) hubby has head in computer, may drag him up later

Last edited:
Off to be too but just wanted to say there is somewhere in between a strict vlcd and junk food -- well there are lots of shades in between. You just have to find a happy medium that works for you. I really like my CD bar and skinny latte for lunch for example and when I lost weight over Christmas, during December I just did CD for breakfast and lunch and then mainly protein and a few vegs for dinner and yes, some evenings where worse than others but staying on CD during the day seemed to keep me more or less on the straight and narrow. You just got to think what food it is you really want and work it into your diet over Christmas in a way you can get straight back on the wagon after Christmas.

You're doing good, and it is coming off =, every day, I promise you!

:) oh yes it is coming off. Tried on a pair of 14s and squeezed into them, also tried on standard size 14 top and can just wear it and get into standard 16 jeans. I know now that I will be at least a stone lighter by my birthday and most likely looking better. Not had a skinny birthday for 12 years. Oh my I am going to celebrate. So glad I gave a vlcd a go again and really gave it a good shot. It is hard work keeping in the zone, so many fail at it. So I am giving myself credit for actually getting this far and being able to reflect on my other attempts and steer my way past pitfalls towards my goal.

Oh to be at goal, am quite excited now :)

Brilliant - and love your Emoticon Mexican-Wave!

Has this site really been around 6 years?

Yup, we were all on the discovery health site when it needed to go down for maintainence mini and I think it's her son Pierce set up this site and shuffled us across, it's grown hugely since those times, many more diets and dieters.

I feel thinner today, belly is shrinking ad it's coming off my face. It's still clinging to my thighs but it is shifting. I feel vaguely attractive today...hip hip hooray!

Yipeee your doing great :) sure your looking great too enjoy the boost Xx

Hi there!

good and bad day. Eaten fine, sticking to plan and not wavering.

good is that I saw myself in supermarket mirror and was happy with what I saw. Legs looked slimmer & yesterday I could wear clothes that I felt fairly attractive in.

bad was that I saw photos of last weeks toddler party and photos of today and I realise my legs looked chunky last week and my hair looked thin and I looked jowly today :-(

well it can only get better with another stone or 2 off.
It's not enough to make me really blue, but its a timely reminder that I need to still lose 2 stone and I need to keep up my hair care and skin care regime

poo! Thought I was looking better, but candid shots show I have a way to go :-(
Not that it's going to stop me and if I was having any thoughts I could relax a bit because of my losses, well it's been the kick I need to be more vigilant. Funnily enough, thinking that I might look crap is a good incentive to continue to do something about it.

its at this point I wonder how I ever got out of the house looking like I did 2 stone plus heavier than now! Never mind, there was good reason why I avoided cameras when biggest.

its not made me want to eat the wrong things, I am really grateful to be on a vlcd cos the damage I've done to myself over the last 5-10 years is being rectified quickly.

So that's my day. My little uns going to bed in an hour, I will cook myself some tea and settle down for a bit of telly

Have been feeling a bit blue, can't see that I've lost any weight in the last few days but have cheated and had more protein and the extra bar here and there. Need to reign that in as only have a month to my birthday and wanted good losses for that. So, am going to keep to the packs veg and meat allowance, but be strict on keeping to the guidelines and doing at least 30 mins gentle peddling a night. Had let my control go and not seeing the results I wanted. So am going to tighten up the regime.

It is hard going, we just need to keep out eye on the prize.

You can do it and I bet you have great losses for your birthday

Have been feeling a bit blue, can't see that I've lost any weight in the last few days but have cheated and had more protein and the extra bar here and there. Need to reign that in as only have a month to my birthday and wanted good losses for that. So, am going to keep to the packs veg and meat allowance, but be strict on keeping to the guidelines and doing at least 30 mins gentle peddling a night. Had let my control go and not seeing the results I wanted. So am going to tighten up the regime.

Ermm I thought the whole reason you weren't weighing was so that you didn't have days like this? Every day that you stick to your diet is a SUCCESS! And don't forget that! It all adds up, each day, foot in front of the other, coping with every day stuff without breaking your diet. Hang in there girl!

Every day that you stick to your diet is a SUCCESS! And don't forget that! It all adds up, each day, foot in front of the other, coping with every day stuff without breaking your diet. Hang in there girl!

thanks for the reminder, I do need to pat myself on the back about getting his far and just keep going

It is hard going, we just need to keep out eye on the prize.

You can do it and I bet you have great losses for your birthday

eyes on the prize, eyes on the prize, eyes on the prize! Yep, just need to keep moving forward and trust I will get there.

got on my exercise bike tonight and managed to convince myself I didn't need an extra half bar.

Right, just need to rinse and repeat, stick to my packs, my allowances and lots of fluid, 30 mins peddling and maybe some toning if I can motivate myself.

i am losing weight it's just not falling off me as fast as it was. However I'm also at that time of the month when I fill with water then lose it suddenly. Just gotta keep the faith and get on with it.

Hi dancing, I remember your face from before, I've been coming on here on and off for years

As soon as I find a post of someone saying they slipped/ate/cheated/blurred the boundaries, I stop reading and move to the next one

I did that too, especially when I was starting. Didn't want to hear any messages that people were fudging what they were doing, cos ultimately I know the likelihood of those people getting to goal is minimal. Minimins is littered with posts from hopeful people who have yet to come back and lose the weight. Who fell off their pathway and never found a way back

I have told my little voice to go sit in a corner and stare at a wall with its mouth closed until Christmas. As soon as it starts I go "uh! shhhh" ... hopefully it keeps working for me.

lol, I know what that's like. I've had to put my one in a room of its own. If I told her just to sit in the corner she'd be up and raiding the fridge ;-)

It's not easy, but I've lost 4 stone before. I think it's that absolute knowledge that it can be done is keeping me moving forward.

Back