Another thread about Psyllium Husks

ShedMasterZero

was DeepThought
Sorry to start a new thread, but I've been searching and I seem to be going around in circles....

I received my 500g bag of Psyllium Husks earlier today

I've been reading different things about how much to take, but I think most of the recommendations assume that it's being taken while on a "normal" diet. I've seen anything from 2g to 10g being suggested.

So I'm wondering if anyone can advise on roughly how much I should be taking please?

Last edited by a moderator:
is it a fibre thing?

Reading more about daily fibre intake, it seems to me that Exante (and most likely other VLCD's) is a bit low when it comes to what we should be consuming. So no wonder there are so many people struggling with constipation.

I have 2 teaspoon of husk roughly per shake but I also use more water than u should... I leave it to sit in water for 5 mins too so they absorb n go soft then u get a lush shake! :)

I have 2 teaspoon of husk roughly per shake but I also use more water than u should... I leave it to sit in water for 5 mins too so they absorb n go soft then u get a lush shake! :)

Thanks.

I had 6g in 400ml of water and then also drank another 400ml of water straight after. It certainly was filling!! :D

I think I'll see how that goes for a few days, but I'm guessing that I might need more.

can we use fybogel?

The orange fybogel has citric acid in it so I think that's out but I've read there is a green one that we can have but you would need to check that out.

ok cheers

I would suggest that you start with 2g mixed in water as it swells up really quickly. Drink it immediately as it does become like wall paper paste the longer you leave it. If you can tolerate 2g increase until you can't tolerate any longer. Hope this helps

I would suggest that you start with 2g mixed in water as it swells up really quickly. Drink it immediately as it does become like wall paper paste the longer you leave it. If you can tolerate 2g increase until you can't tolerate any longer. Hope this helps

Thanks. I found that 6g was fine, so I'll stick with that for a few days and see what happens.

Back