Any May starters out there?

Hi Flex

NICE has never studied VLCD beyone 13 weeks (or however many it is - I forget now) so that is why they reccomend it. Simple as.

It is a very personal choice - I chose to do it because I knew I would be abstaining for the better part of a year. I knoew I was asking an awful lot of my body, and it made sense to me. I did it, still lost, and after the week was off it without any problem.

SOme struggled though. A lady in my group could not come off milk after that and it was sadly the beginning of her end. But don't let that put you off. It was not the milk that caused her to wobble- it was her crooked thinking, etc.

I did not look at it as a treat or "oooh, yummy - milky coffee at last!" but rather as a means to bolster my bodys stamina. But many skip it.

Personally, I don;t reccomend skipping it. But - thats just me. Only for my digestive system to have something to do - kind of use it or lose it mentalisty I guess.

BUt to each there own. :)

As for your comments at work....next time, try and say, "Thanks for noticing!" and that is all you have to say - you do not have to tell anyone what you are doing if you don;t want to. But saying what you said is berating yourself, and you are better then that. :) Don;t be ashamed to be losing weight. Be proud that you are thinking enough of yourself to change your life. Others will have great respect and some may even envy you. BUt saying a comment like "It will come back" puts down the efforts you are making. Its a negative thought that could linger in your subconscious, ya know?

So, try - just smile and say thanks! Believe me, it gets easier as yo have no choice because soon EVERYONE will be commenting and wanting to know what you are doing. So its good to start getting used to the positive attention withuot putting yourself down. :p)

x

Hi Flex

NICE has never studied VLCD beyone 13 weeks (or however many it is - I forget now) so that is why they reccomend it. Simple as.

It is a very personal choice - I chose to do it because I knew I would be abstaining for the better part of a year. I knoew I was asking an awful lot of my body, and it made sense to me. I did it, still lost, and after the week was off it without any problem.

SOme struggled though. A lady in my group could not come off milk after that and it was sadly the beginning of her end. But don't let that put you off. It was not the milk that caused her to wobble- it was her crooked thinking, etc.

I did not look at it as a treat or "oooh, yummy - milky coffee at last!" but rather as a means to bolster my bodys stamina. But many skip it.

Personally, I don;t reccomend skipping it. But - thats just me. Only for my digestive system to have something to do - kind of use it or lose it mentalisty I guess.

BUt to each there own. :)

Hmmm. food for thought.

Not at all thinking about a treat. not a massive fan of milky things and cant see the point of having more calories than one needs: isnt that part of what weight management is about?

I am still not sure what my target is. Thinking I could be done in2-3 weeks, but really considering doing another 2 more months to get a buffer. if its a couple of weeks I am sure I can skip it, if longer... really should do the milk. I dunno. I will speak to my LLC when it happens still got to get thru this week.

On the flip, If I do have milk it will be a mind set of having to start again, which is good as oppose dto thinking nearly there, I can see the finishing line, maybe faulter a little.

I will see. but thanks for your advice and your experience.

May I also say thank you so much for being around here. considering calling you mummy BL for the well wishes and experience

As for your comments at work....next time, try and say, "Thanks for noticing!" and that is all you have to say - you do not have to tell anyone what you are doing if you don;t want to. But saying what you said is berating yourself, and you are better then that. :) Don;t be ashamed to be losing weight. Be proud that you are thinking enough of yourself to change your life. Others will have great respect and some may even envy you. BUt saying a comment like "It will come back" puts down the efforts you are making. Its a negative thought that could linger in your subconscious, ya know?

So, try - just smile and say thanks! Believe me, it gets easier as yo have no choice because soon EVERYONE will be commenting and wanting to know what you are doing. So its good to start getting used to the positive attention withuot putting yourself down. :p)

x

NOt really ashamed of loosing weight, but the weakness of beiong obese in the first place. always had a front of "im big but i dont care, doesnt bother me" friends call me big man/lad. Even grandad calls me big-boy. Its in my mindset that I have to be the fatbeer monster pal who hoovers up the left over currys etc. Just the way I was.

AS for work collegues, I dunno. I dont see them as people. How can I explain, its unprofessional imho if you say to a female collegue "you look good today" so same for a man. You work with these people, they are not friends and appearance shouldnt matter, be it good or bad, as long as the job is done. I dont comment on peoples shirts or hair or shoes. I get flustered by someone commenting on my size. silly, spose I will have to get used to it...was nice though. Only thing was the same women at lunch came back to me and said just on my way to the canteen for some sweets, she was feeling peckish...I thought is she trying to tempt or push me in to saying Im dieting or something like that. Always cautious about peoples motives, especially when I dont speak to someone for weeks on end then twice like this in a day.

as for subconscious, Im cool. I WONT, I CANT go back. I just say it to brush off any further comments.

I am proud of myself and when my family and OH family have commented I am so chuffed and proud. I have had my mum and great aunt interested in how ive done it and OH trying to sell it to her mum (told her not to push it as she will not be able to do LL without her own mind set on achieving). Weird appreciation of comments, but like I say personal and work are two different things to me. cant wait to see some of my old friends at christmas to hear their comments.

Ive never liked attention, always tried to be out the way. Maybe I will have to change. The worrying thing is atm my clothes are hanging and others must think i look like a tramp if they are noticing the way im changing.

Flex I know exactly how you feel about comments from work colleagues! There are only a select few I would consider friends and they know I'm on LL so anyone else commenting gets a very guarded and suspicious response - where I work is very much a 'canteen culture' that revolves around the next meal break and what everyone wants ordered from various takeaways - the last thing I want is to draw attention to the fact that I'm not eating and deal with a barrage of negative comments in relation to LL - so for now my lips are sealed :)

BL glad to hear you are starting back on the packs again huni. You have had a rough couple of mths - so just dont try running before you can walk. Just go day by day - set mini goals for yourself - like just getting through one day. You have done it before I not for one minute doubt you will do it again. Love the pic of you in your jeans. Your wee waist, its soooooooo tiny. You will get back to there again luv. I have faith in you :hug99: x

BL glad to hear you are starting back on the packs again huni. You have had a rough couple of mths - so just dont try running before you can walk. Just go day by day - set mini goals for yourself - like just getting through one day. You have done it before I not for one minute doubt you will do it again. Love the pic of you in your jeans. Your wee waist, its soooooooo tiny. You will get back to there again luv. I have faith in you :hug99: x

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your support, encouragement and compassion. :)

xxx

BL that is the beauty of this site and everyone on it. We are all here to help and support each other - and that means the rough times as well as the smooth.

Hi BL
So glad your mind is in the right place and you are almost at the end of week 1.
I'm so proud of you hun. You are an inspiration to everyone here.
Re milk week -
I decided not to do it. I was afraid that if I lost momentum I might not get back to full abstinence.
As BL said, each to their own. Just do what feels right for you.
IWGT and Flexi and AJB you are doing so well. Isn't it great?
Flexi - you are going to have to get some different clothes soon or you'll get arrested. Then people will REALLY notice !!!

Hi SB yea its great. You must see us all coming out of our shells. We were all like little mice when we started but now we are loosing and our confidence is soaring. Loving it. Oh my - guess what im doing tomorrow. Horse riding!!!!!! Am so excited but a little bit nervous too. Used to have ponies when I was young but had a bad fall when I was about 13 and never got back on one since. Wanted to for years but surprise surprise my weight stopped me. Wont be able to sleep tonight with excitement. Will have to start from scratch but dont care :D

OK.....week one over. I have now started to weigh myself, from today. I did not want to know how bad it was, so did not weigh when I started.

SO ticker activated, and week two ahead. Now that week ones glycogen loss is over, I hope to start feeling some differences around the old waist this week, and then rolling on the the finish line.

11kgs, sounds so little - feels a world away. BUt I know its not.

One day at a time.

Come on guys - lets ROCK THIS diet!!! :D :D

Have to be there for 12 today Lucy and cant wait. Am like an excited little child on christmas morning :D

Well done BL. You will have 11kgs shifted in no time. The worst week is over you now. You will do it :)

Hi SB yea its great. You must see us all coming out of our shells. We were all like little mice when we started but now we are loosing and our confidence is soaring. Loving it. Oh my - guess what im doing tomorrow. Horse riding!!!!!! Am so excited but a little bit nervous too. Used to have ponies when I was young but had a bad fall when I was about 13 and never got back on one since. Wanted to for years but surprise surprise my weight stopped me. Wont be able to sleep tonight with excitement. Will have to start from scratch but dont care :D
jeez. I used to horse ride. but stopped at about 14 as I was on the biggest horse they had at the centre I used to go weekly to. I couldnt control it and it was getting difficult as he was a huge beast. Monty was his name.

Good luck with it, I do miss it.

Another thing weight has got in the way of me doing something that I enjoyed...add that to the list.

OK.....week one over. I have now started to weigh myself, from today. I did not want to know how bad it was, so did not weigh when I started.

SO ticker activated, and week two ahead. Now that week ones glycogen loss is over, I hope to start feeling some differences around the old waist this week, and then rolling on the the finish line.

11kgs, sounds so little - feels a world away. BUt I know its not.

One day at a time.

Come on guys - lets ROCK THIS diet!!! :D :D

You have done it before and you can do it again. 11kg. couple of months you will be doing that easy.

you have supported us newbies, now its our turn.

Believe and achieve

Indeed its payback time BL - time for us to support you on your journey <big hug> we'll be with you all the way :)

so thats me lost another 2.5lb today. not as good as id hoped but its a step in the right direction and thats a 4st loss now.

whoop whoop.

Way to go Flex. Congrats on your 4st huni.

Well i went horse riding and have to admit I loved it. Fell off once when the horse was cantering (all my own fault). I panicked cos I couldnt stop her and came off - but got straight back on again. Hurt my bum and bottom of my back. Then I went to my classes last night (spinning, then abs and then body pump). Then still bursting with energy I stopped on way home and done my 3 mile run. Well when I went to get out of bed this morning - my back and bum feel like i have been hit with a sledge hammer lol.

Back