Any new starters 2018???

Hi everyone, I started the cambridge diet today. I met the consultant yesterday and she is lovely and a real inspiration as she lost 6 stone on it and looks amazing!
Last night I had my final normal meal for a while! I have to say today is a struggle but im getting though it and find that drinking water and coffee with unsweetended almond milk helps. I had a shake for breakfast and a soup for lunch- I was pleasantly surprised at how nice they tasted. then for dinner spag bol which was a tad too sweet but not too bad. I have nearly 3 stone to lose and I need to see results quickly to stay motivated so Im on 3 meals a day- 600 cal.
It waa also hard cooking lovely burgers abd salad for the family tonight! 😫
Well done Gem, Sunny and Jimmy!!! Its really motivating to hear your loses!

Last edited:
Hi Cas welcome onboard. stick to plan and this diet definitely works. Hows everyone doing? Midweek, nearly Friday and weigh in. Getting weighed each week motivates you to carry on. We have decided to also add Jamaica to our holiday aswell as Canada so have to get a beach body by the end of September. That's a stone a month and if I stick to plan I will be 9stone. looking forward to the holiday it gives me motivation to carry on.
Good luck all lets keep it up and get to our goal x
Hi jay- Thanks! What was your start weight and how much have you lost so far? My goal is 9st too!

Hi Gem, yes stick to plan and you will hit your goal. Good Luck.
Hope everyones doing OK, mid-week were nearly there x
Thank you....I can do this and need to do this as I’ve let myself down too many times!

I’m trying to keep busy - started decorating my house - I joked to my husband that I’ll have the entire house re-decorated in the next 6 weeks :D

Hi everyone, I started the cambridge diet today. I met the consultant yesterday and she is lovely and a real inspiration as she lost 6 stone on it and looks amazing!
Last night I had my final normal meal for a while! I have to say today is a struggle but im getting though it and find that drinking water and coffee with unsweetended almond milk helps. I had a shake for breakfast and a soup for lunch- I was pleasantly surprised at how nice they tasted. then for dinner spag bol which was a tad too sweet but not too bad. I have nearly 3 stone to lose and I need to see results quickly to stay motivated so Im on 3 meals a day- 600 cal.
It waa also hard cooking lovely burgers abd salad for the family tonight! 😫
Well done Gem, Sunny and Jimmy!!! Its really motivating to hear your loses!

Welcome Casparg :) You can do this! It’s great that you have a supportive consultant who also inspires you.

That’s three of us Jay as I also need to get back to 9st! Seems like a long way away (12.6 currently), but I was 15.13 last year so I’m closer than I was. I just can’t believe I let things get so out of hand :oops:

Anyway, did anyone watch The Big Crash Diet Experiment last night on BBC? I could completely relate to them, bless their hearts [they were on the Cambridge Diet - I could tell by the satchets ;)]. Worth a viewing on catch up if you can - I felt quite motivated after watching it xxx

Hi Casparg, welcome on board. You will definitely see results if you stick to plan. I missed the program last night but will catch up.
Stay on plan everyone, my weigh in tomorrow evening so will let you know how I get on. Also I have joined the gym so go swimming everyday which helps. Good Luck everyone.

Welcome Casparg :) You can do this! It’s great that you have a supportive consultant who also inspires you.

That’s three of us Jay as I also need to get back to 9st! Seems like a long way away (12.6 currently), but I was 15.13 last year so I’m closer than I was. I just can’t believe I let things get so out of hand :oops:

Anyway, did anyone watch The Big Crash Diet Experiment last night on BBC? I could completely relate to them, bless their hearts [they were on the Cambridge Diet - I could tell by the satchets ;)]. Worth a viewing on catch up if you can - I felt quite motivated after watching it xxx

Its not a long way you are half way there,w ell done on your weight loss so far! No I didn't watch it! I will tonight on catch up

Hi Casparg, welcome on board. You will definitely see results if you stick to plan. I missed the program last night but will catch up.
Stay on plan everyone, my weigh in tomorrow evening so will let you know how I get on. Also I have joined the gym so go swimming everyday which helps. Good Luck everyone.
Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. Im also going to the join the gym and start power walking.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. Im also going to the join the gym and start power walking, it helps take the mind off food too!

Well done cas, you will do this first few days are hard with headaches but you will feel not hungry and more energised. Good luck tomo Jay. I've just made a batch of cloud bite oopsie rolls each one is carb free and only 35 calories now I am on Step 2, a bit scared having one 200 call meal a day and hoping not to gain and my body gets used to some food per day, will let you know. Keep going ladies x

Hi everyone. Anyone have any preferred meals? Last night I had spag bol. It was quite nice but a bit sweet. Tonight I had chicken tikka and thought it was disgusting! Anyone got any tips on the nicest ones for dinner? We had bad news today about the sale of our house falling through :( I felt like reaching for the wine but didn't! o_O Got to stay strong! I think ill go for a run at the weekend and it might make me feel better. Im feeling down today and feel like crying all the time. It might be my hormones? :banghead::banghead::banghead::badmood::badmood::badmood:

How did your weigh in go Jay?

Hi everyone,
Hope you’re all doing well. I watched the program last night, it gave me a bit of inspiration actually cos I still struggle a little with thinking about cheating despite doing this for 7 weeks. I have been good & am managing to stay on plan but I drive myself mad daily. I’m constantly staring in my fridge or torturing myself thinking should I, shouldn’t I nail this Melton Mowbray in 2 bites??. That’s something I need to work on & like they said think past the craving & how it will feel after giving in. It also made me think about my health a little more. It was a good watch, they were all inspirational & I think I’ll watch it again if I feel weak.
Well done casparg for not reaching for the vino, it’s hard when you’re thrown a curve ball & you know a glass of wine or a packet of hobnobs is normally how you’d comfort yourself. Sorry about the sale falling through, must be stressful. I was quite unpleasant to be around in my 1st week, I was having the worlds biggest sugar come down, I was hungry, cranky, headachy, I was mad at my husband for eating normal meals, I bit his head off every time he spoke & I was slamming doors & frowning a lot. I had to take myself off to bed early to stop myself wanting to headbutt him. Extreme but I got over it, it felt like really, really bad pmt.
I stick to the bars, I tried the meals & shakes but I didn’t enjoy them, the bars are convenient & are tasty so I find it suits me.
Good luck for tomorrow jay. Fingers crossed for you.
Stay strong everyone, including me. No Melton mowbrays!!
Xx
(Bit of a long post-sorry) 🤭

Well done cas, you will do this first few days are hard with headaches but you will feel not hungry and more energised. Good luck tomo Jay. I've just made a batch of cloud bite oopsie rolls each one is carb free and only 35 calories now I am on Step 2, a bit scared having one 200 call meal a day and hoping not to gain and my body gets used to some food per day, will let you know. Keep going ladies x
They sound nice Sun, what are they made of?

You’re doing really well!! It must be nice having a meal to look forward to xx

Hi everyone. Anyone have any preferred meals? Last night I had spag bol. It was quite nice but a bit sweet. Tonight I had chicken tikka and thought it was disgusting! Anyone got any tips on the nicest ones for dinner? We had bad news today about the sale of our house falling through :( I felt like reaching for the wine but didn't! o_O Got to stay strong! I think ill go for a run at the weekend and it might make me feel better. Im feeling down today and feel like crying all the time. It might be my hormones? :banghead::banghead::banghead::badmood::badmood::badmood:

How did your weigh in go Jay?

Oh no, I’m really sorry to hear that - it is so stressful :( I do believe everything happens for a reason, so maybe a new buyer will come along and offer more :)

Well done on resisting temptation- it’s not worth it, you’ll be back at square one and feel so terrible after cheating- nothing will taste as good as the feeling you’ll have seeing the number on the scales plummeting :p You can do this! If I start to think about food I just remind myself how horrible I feel being the size I am at the moment and how I’m unable to fit into any of my lovely clothes..... it really isn’t worth it xxx

Thanks guys I too watched that programme and I was really pleased with the results as I always believed that crash diets were unhealthy so I’m pleased they are proven not to be the case. It’s realky motivated me too to see their weight loss.

Hi everyone,
Hope you’re all doing well. I watched the program last night, it gave me a bit of inspiration actually cos I still struggle a little with thinking about cheating despite doing this for 7 weeks. I have been good & am managing to stay on plan but I drive myself mad daily. I’m constantly staring in my fridge or torturing myself thinking should I, shouldn’t I nail this Melton Mowbray in 2 bites??. That’s something I need to work on & like they said think past the craving & how it will feel after giving in. It also made me think about my health a little more. It was a good watch, they were all inspirational & I think I’ll watch it again if I feel weak.
Well done casparg for not reaching for the vino, it’s hard when you’re thrown a curve ball & you know a glass of wine or a packet of hobnobs is normally how you’d comfort yourself. Sorry about the sale falling through, must be stressful. I was quite unpleasant to be around in my 1st week, I was having the worlds biggest sugar come down, I was hungry, cranky, headachy, I was mad at my husband for eating normal meals, I bit his head off every time he spoke & I was slamming doors & frowning a lot. I had to take myself off to bed early to stop myself wanting to headbutt him. Extreme but I got over it, it felt like really, really bad pmt.
I stick to the bars, I tried the meals & shakes but I didn’t enjoy them, the bars are convenient & are tasty so I find it suits me.
Good luck for tomorrow jay. Fingers crossed for you.
Stay strong everyone, including me. No Melton mowbrays!!
Xx
(Bit of a long post-sorry) 🤭

Jimmy you are doing SO amazing! I wish I could lose as much as you in the same time! May I ask what your starting weight was?

You’re also hilarious :D Remember this is only temporary- Melton Mowbrays and hobnobs are still going to be there [in moderation 😇] when we get to our goal weight. You’ve got this xxxx

Good Morning All, great post Jimmy. I think that's how we all felt. I found it hard last night, craving for a cheese sandwich, burger king, crisps, biscuits basically everything. I so could of gave up. My husband told me not to be silly and to carry on and think about how good you want to look for the holiday. I went bed early so I would not eat the whole house. I went to the gym this morning, feel better that I stuck with it or I would of regretted it this morning.
Lets all do this, we know its only for a short time. I will let you know this evening my weigh in xx

Good Morning All, great post Jimmy. I think that's how we all felt. I found it hard last night, craving for a cheese sandwich, burger king, crisps, biscuits basically everything. I so could of gave up. My husband told me not to be silly and to carry on and think about how good you want to look for the holiday. I went bed early so I would not eat the whole house. I went to the gym this morning, feel better that I stuck with it or I would of regretted it this morning.
Lets all do this, we know its only for a short time. I will let you know this evening my weigh in xx

Well done on not giving in Jay! It makes me feel a little stronger every time I say “No”!

Good luck for your weigh in later xxxx

They sound nice Sun, what are they made of?

You’re doing really well!! It must be nice having a meal to look forward to xx
They are made of eggs and quark (cream cheese) eggs are separated whites whipped and yolks n cheese mixed and folded into egg whites and bake ☺

Back