Any November starters looming about out there!?

good luck Ali...i'll bet you're there now:) looking forward to hearing how you get on:)

Good luck Ali and anyone else starting tonight.

I lost 5lbs this week, but haven't truely been in abstinance - so I will be with you all the way come tomorrow

well done KarmaWitch! here's to a fabulous week ahead remember we can do it!!!!!

good luck to anyone else weighing in tonight too:)

i have been sooooo tempted today, the kids have been supremely whingey and i seem to have less patience on an empty stomach...am prob just noticing it more i guess.

actually i was ok until the menu of a fast food place serving a well beloved food of mine popped through the door :rolleyes: and since then me and my inner child have been doing battle..i'm winning so far...just!

just popped out and booked my daughters bday party and went to Tesco for a few bits..treated myself to an electric toothbrush reduced from £30 to £10...i figure i'll be brushing my teeth alot over the weeks to come as i find it helps keep me going ;)so may as well have something decent to do it with ;)
...and now they're sparkly dentist clean :p

Tomorrow i have my first meeting! im so excited! just cant wait to get all this blubber off of me and enjoy my life, feel more confident in a slimmer body! bring it on! :D

Wooo good luck Aimee! Can't wait to hear how your first week has gone!

Kat xx

Tomorrow i have my first meeting! im so excited! just cant wait to get all this blubber off of me and enjoy my life, feel more confident in a slimmer body! bring it on! :D

hey good luck for tomorrow Aimee:) look forward to hearing how you get on...less than 24 hours til mine...can't wait :D :D :D

Well done KW!

Last night went fine, the group were nice and there was a lady there who I started with last time and it was her first day back too. She was really pleased to see me there, and I was quite releived to see a friendly face.
New LLC was really nice (my old one left the same time as I stopped last time so I hadn't met this one before).
She said as I knew what I was doing I could have bars this week, so that is a help and confirmed it is only 2L of water you need to drink which includes tea/coffe and what you mix your packs with. I always drink more than that, but it is a releif, cos I never manager 4L on top of all that last time and it was a real worry.
Had porridge for breakfast and actually thought it was really nice, that is a really nice addition to the packs. Going to try the tomato soup for lunch, hopefully I will like that too, add a bit of variety. Last time it got to the point where I pretty much lived on Lattes made with vanilla packs or coffee muffins, LOL.

I am, however, really, really hungry. Trying to fill up on fizzy water until lunchtime. I am telling myself it is not hunger I feel, it is fat melting.
Just got to get through the next couple of days! Hopefully will get into ketosis over the weekend, only took 3 days last time.
I do have a bar with me just in case, but really wanted to save that for supper time.

Hope all goes well for you tonight Aimee!

It is interesting that you say they said it is only 2L of water you need. My LLC always said 3L and I have seen some say they say 4L. I always drink way over and above 5L so was always getting it whether it was 2, 3 or 4. lol

I wonder what the "actual" recommendation is. I suspect the LL wesbite would inform us acurrately.

It does make me wonder why they all saying something different.

Kat xx

my LLC said to drink to thirst aiming for 2 litres...i remember back in the olden days it was rigidly 4L plus any tea and coffee and plus your packs...i felt like a fish to start with mind you did soon get used to it but am relieved it's more of a moderate amount now :)

so glad to hear you had a positive meeting Ali! and a friendly face too. good luck with the week ahead....stick at it you'll soon be in ketosis!:)

the porridge is a lovely addition isn't it, i thought the veg soup is nicer this time round too. i did the first 3 days without bars, apparently that is what they do with people new to the programme now rather than a whole week and I'm happy to report the new peanut one is lovely, the others i've tried so far seem just the same as ever.:)

oooooh just over 6 hours to go :D...not that i'm excited or owt :ashamed0005::giggle::bliss:

November starter

Hello Peeps,
I am a newbie to LL, today i started my packs, so have had 2 packs till now , any one got any ideas how to mix things up , ie the shakes , soups.
Also i have a headache like hangover???

Hi Amarazeta

Hi and welcome to both LL and Minimins.

Alot of people do experience a headache similar to that of a hangover for the first 2-3 days as they move into ketosis so try not to worry about it. Drink plenty of fluid.

As for mixing the shakes, you will find that people do things in a different way. I am not a fan of them thick so I tend to make mine up with lots of water. I enjoy the vanilla with a spoonful of coffee and 900mls of water but I worked up to that, I started with approx 400mls of water. Some people like them thick so make them up with 200mls of water and include ice. You need to experiment a little and see what works for you.

As for the soups, I make them up with approx 300mls of water, in a mug and add some black pepper and /or tabasco sauce.

I am sure you will get lots of people giving you hints and tips. Have a go and see what works for you.

Kat xx

Good luck for those of you getting weighed today! It is so exciting for you!

Looking forward to hearing how you get on on your first week!

Kat xx

hi Amarazeta and welcome...good luck for the week ahead!

i just really wanted to echo what Kat said, it really is an individual thing, personally i find the soups overpowering, so i tend to split them in half and mix each half in a decent sized mug of about £300mls that way i can also spread it out a bit more :) i've never really got into the sweet packs as shakes so tend to mix those up as a mousse ...in the book it says mix with 40mls water but i find i do need a little more than that and just add until it's the consistency i like.

re the headaches yes drink plenty and you can also take some paracetamol, might help make you feel more human

HTH

look forward to hearing how your week goes

Hiya, it's all down to personal taste so just keep experimenting!

I loved the shakes made thick with hot water, a bit of shake in porridge to add some flavour, the fruits of the forest in porridge, chocolate made with peppermint tea etc. Also your tastes change as I hated the porridge when I first started, and then it became a staple of my plan.

hi all it's just me again, just popping in to tell you about my meeting tonight, it's the first time i've met my group, there were four of us. they seem like nice ladies:)

anyway at my first weigh in and over the course of 6 days i lost 10 and three quarter pounds :woohoo: :D roll on the next week!:D

WOW

Well done Cla!re. And good post Karma. xx

Back