Any one else obsessed??

I think people just dont think about it maybe, or wrapped up in their own worlds.
hubby's mum never says anything to him, he purposely told them he'd just got his 2 st award (halfway to target) and all she says is "oh so and so has lost weight, or i need to do this, or something else that turns it round to her" it makes me angry and sad all at the same time :(

With my son and daughter in law, they said just to eat healthily when I was at the start! I said I had done S W before with good results so was happy to do it again. I pointed out that S W is eating healthily, but in a controlled way, which is what I like. I think they diss S W a bit, dont know why. Hubby is now on S W too and so far has lost 11lb. They havent said anything to him yet either, but his tum is definately getting smaller and it is noticeable.I just wish they would say, "hey youre looking good", or something along those lines! Oh well, I have told him, I put motivational notes in his lunch box, and I have his first sticker on the wall. He doesnt go to group but my c gave me a sticker to give to him. He is doing fab. So:kissass:to all the dissers and negative people, we know it works and it ROCKS! :):):):):)

I too appear to be obsessed.... My friend and I text or call every day and talk about it (she has lost nearly 5 stone on SW which is amazing!) and it seems to be the main thing that we talk about these days lol.

I have the food directory/snack book and branded foods books permanetly in the kitchen so I can refer to them, and my husband has bought me the subscription to the mag for my birthday this month (not that i know about it lol) I'm always going on about syns and working out what is in what etc.

My husband was totally against SW to start with, as he thought he'd miss out on "nice things" but I am 19lb down now (just over 2 stone to go) and now he loves it! He is so lovely, saying how much smaller I am, and encouraging me to cook the SW meals. In fact, on friday he made the beef bourgiugnon for when I got home from work as he had a day off! I was very impressed!

I have started a "diet club" at work and try and pass on tips but it's fizzled out to just me doing it lol.

I really couldn't imagine going back to eating the way I used to, and I can't wait to reach target! :)

Stuff what everyone else thinks and keep it up guys!! :) xxx

I can join in with the obsessed with minis thing! I have the app on my phone and its one of the last social things I check before bed...when I wake up in the night..first thing in the morning..then all day long!

Oh god, is there any hope?! :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am totally obsessed by my diet, but i've always been obsessed by food. I think that's my problem to be honest!! Thankfully my husband is the same but he has exchanged an obsession with food with an obsession with exercise. I wish I could too!!!!

Liz
xx

:553::hug99::clap::happy096::happy036::happy036::0clapper:Aw thats great news,so pleased for you. Whey hey, but does that mean you wont be able to post on here anymore. Dont think we have any c's on the forum do we? It may be a rule, but thats truly brill news. Made up for you, knew you sounded the sort of person they wanted. Well done you x

That's fantastic, Rosie. You'll be great :D

On the topic of obsession, I would happily talk the arm and legs off my close friends and family about SW but when someone else comments on your weight loss and how you did it do you ever feel embarrassed telling them SW? Especially when they want details? Two people asked me today and I swear I wanted the ground to swallow me up. I'm not sure if it was because the attention was on me or if it was because I'm 'embarrassed' that I had to follow a plan to lose weight instead of not being a greedy gorb. Thoughts?

On the topic of obsession, I would happily talk the arm and legs off my close friends and family about SW but when someone else comments on your weight loss and how you did it do you ever feel embarrassed telling them SW? Especially when they want details? Two people asked me today and I swear I wanted the ground to swallow me up. I'm not sure if it was because the attention was on me or if it was because I'm 'embarrassed' that I had to follow a plan to lose weight instead of not being a greedy gorb. Thoughts?

I think at the beginning i was embarrassed about having to go to a 'fat club' (as my sister calls it), but my successes have being so extreme that now I'm proud of it. People just go 'wow' on a daily basis to me now. In my work i have a large bank of people that i only ever see on an irregular basis, often a year will pass without me seeing them, their jaws drop when they see me.

I have a big smile and say 'slimming world'. No one doubts that it works :)

Slimming world isn't anything to be ashamed of. Shakes and things like that I think are embarrassing. Slimming world just gives u guidelines on how to have a healthy balanced diet. Without a plan to follow I don't think many people would even know what's included in a balanced diet! Lol x

Slimming world isn't anything to be ashamed of. Shakes and things like that I think are embarrassing. Slimming world just gives u guidelines on how to have a healthy balanced diet. Without a plan to follow I don't think many people would even know what's included in a balanced diet! Lol x

That's what i like about SW, is those lessons in life, the value of 1/3 superfree etc. I hope i can keep these lessons long after i stop going to class.

See, one of the women who asked me today knew that it was a healthy diet rather than anything radical or difficult which made it ok but the other as soon as I told her (granted she wasn't being mean or off, she was really lovely about the change in me) said 'I don't like SW' as soon as I said it.
Granted I don't think she's ever tried it but she obviously just had some weird association with it in her head. In no way was she knocking what I'd done...just that she'd decided it wasn't for her and I'm pretty sure it's because she thought it was some fad thing.
I still need to get used to people congratulating me on my weight loss (which is still weird as the way they do it they make it out like you've found the cure for a terminal disease rather than lost weight) and not become an awkward mumbling mess. Aghh!

i find it hard to be congratulated too.. i don't know what to say.. i just look at them and say, thanks. and then change the convo (which they keep on talking about weight loss, and whats the secret, blah blah blaaah!!)

Jenna88 said:

I feel exactly like you. Can't quite put my finger on the reason though!

Back