Any other new starters on Lighter Life Light??

Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me? :)

I did lighter life a few months back and ended up not finishing. Anyway I have several weeks of foodpacks leftover from then and i'd like to use them up.

I dont want to go back to my LLC as I dont want to start up again and buy yet more foodpacks (i dont have the money to anyway), just use up all of the ones I already have.

I have decided to use them and have a meal as per the LL lite program, but I dont know what food is permitted/how many calories etc.

Would anyone mind helping me out and giving me the food list/rules?

I would very much appreciate it as I cant find out anywhere on the web and I dont want to waste my packs as they were very expensive!!

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Lucy.:D

good to hear from you

Hi - Still going strong. Next weigh in on Monday evening. It's been a good week, still fancy food sometimes, but what I'm surprised about is that I don't have any sort of craving for white wine - and i did enjoy a glass or two at the weekend - really odd. BL - you DO look wonderful, and thanks for posting, it's such a help for people like me to be able to read about you. Everyone else seems to be doing fine too - it is expensive though isn't it!!
Hi good to hear from you. Glad you doing well.
Let us know how your weigh in goes. Mine's Tuesday. I can't believe a week has almost gone.
Yes it is expensive but I guess I was spending easily that down the pub and take-away, so probably I am saving money. I needed to cut down on the booze anyhow, so now it's a double bonus. Better liver and a slimmer me.
once again all the best for Monday.:D:D:D

FAO Suepass

I went in to work today to help Dave out with a Bike thing, and forgot that your not supposed to do alot of exercise, so went pounding up a big hill and then about 15mins later felt really faint, dizzy and sick and had to sit down hoping I wasn't going to pass out in front of a crowd of people! It was horrible!
Tried those bars today for the first day and there not too bad. Had a toffee one.
So am now sat with my feet up watching tv!

Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me? :)

I did lighter life a few months back and ended up not finishing. Anyway I have several weeks of foodpacks leftover from then and i'd like to use them up.

I dont want to go back to my LLC as I dont want to start up again and buy yet more foodpacks (i dont have the money to anyway), just use up all of the ones I already have.

I have decided to use them and have a meal as per the LL lite program, but I dont know what food is permitted/how many calories etc.

Would anyone mind helping me out and giving me the food list/rules?

I would very much appreciate it as I cant find out anywhere on the web and I dont want to waste my packs as they were very expensive!!

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Lucy.:D

Erm, well yes, I would mind helping you out. You are right in that this diet is expensive and you have to commit to it. If I, and all the others on here, are paying for the information, why should you have it for free? Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's also rather unfair of you to ask when others are really doing all they can for this, including budgeting.

Try doing Slim fast instead

Last edited:
Oh dear

FAO Suepass

I went in to work today to help Dave out with a Bike thing, and forgot that your not supposed to do alot of exercise, so went pounding up a big hill and then about 15mins later felt really faint, dizzy and sick and had to sit down hoping I wasn't going to pass out in front of a crowd of people! It was horrible!
Tried those bars today for the first day and there not too bad. Had a toffee one.
So am now sat with my feet up watching tv!

Hope you OK and glad you got your feet up.xx:D

I'm not sure if anyone read my message properly but I have already bought the foodpacks. I have 3 weeks worth, that were from the final weeks of my group. I paid for them in exactly the same way you all did, BY JOINING AND PAYING FOR LIGHTER LIFE!! Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon during the final month of my Lighter Life group, got no support from my councillor and simply want to use up my leftover foodpacks. I cant manage the foodpacks alone and want to have them with a meal. I'm just not sure what I should eat and dont want to waste the packs. THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE.

You see, if I join up to a group again, I WILL HAVE TO BUY MORE PACKS AND WILL STILL HAVE THE ONES I HAVE NOW ASWELL. How will that solve my problem exactly??! How do you think I got these packs anyway?

All I wanted was to know what food and vegetables were permissable because I didnt do Lighter Life Lite, I did the regular program.

Foxtrot, yes you are being harsh...no need to get on your high horse. We all struggle, I was unlucky enough to be made redundant so I currently have less income than you are spending on Lighter Life every week. How would you suggest I budget for that? I JUST WANT TO USE UP THE PACKS I HAVE, with a meal!!!!!! THAT IS ALL!

God forbid anyone would be kind enough to help me out.

Someone did help you out. Sue gave you a very good answer.

Chill. ;)

<edit> hmmm. I thought she did. I thought earlier she had given a whole breakdown of foods and even suggested her blog???? Maybe I am mixing up my threads.:confused:

I didn't do LLL, so I can';t offer any advice I'm afraid.

I wasnt getting assy, but I was offended by the responses I got. You offered a more constructive answer since then. My Lighter Life Councillor did suggest I use up my packs and join RTM but I couldnt get back on track and she wasnt helpful in any way when I really needed it and got annoyed. I dont feel like I want to go back to her now.

I simply want to use up my packs and have a meal with it. That is all. I came on here to ask a simple question and got an 'assy' reply, therefore I responded in the same way.

My "constructive" answer crossed with yours, thats all.

Sorry your LLC was not very helpful - as I said ours is so understanding she would have tried to help. Shame they all aren;t like that. Have a good look through this part of the forum, if you havent already - there might be some people who log their daily intakes? It could at least give you an idea.

I did the full abstinance, so I don't really know what is allowed, or not, on LLL, but would imagine its high protein and no carbs? Thats the basis of management after abstinance, so it woudl be a safe bet - main thing is you just don;t want to eat anything that would put you out of ketosis.

Son;t worry - we are really a nice group of people, and the support here is really very good - but people have their reasons for answering however they do. Don;t let it get to you.

Good luck, and I hope you find a new job. I was made redundant in January so know what its like - but was lucky enough to find work right away. I hope you do too. :)

x

Like I said, sorry if is sounded harsh. I don’t have a very high horse, just a pony when I get defensive of other people. There are plenty on here who are committed enough to sell their souls to lose the weight. If you couldn’t finish before and you couldn’t do RTM, are you sure your head is in the right place for doing this even with the packs you have?

As BL said, the answers are out there, I’m just not going to hand it to you on a plate, others probably wouldn’t appreciate it.

I really, really wish I could bottle my LLC and just share her around. I really feel for anyone without a good one.

Good luck with the job hunting.

FTAO Schweetthang
Sorry, I did change my answer because I could not give you a proper list and was a bit worried you would not get the vits and stuff you need, so I thought Slimfast would be more beneficial as you would be able to follow a proper programme, especially as Lighter Life has been in the papers recently.
Anyhow I will put back what I originally put.

You can have 3 food packs per day.
your meal can consist of :
150g of red meat OR 200g of white meat OR 200g of wet fish OR 150g of Oily fish.
With this you can have a good portion (not huge)of non carbohydrate veg (onions,swede,cabbage,carrots,broccoli,asparagus etc.
You can also have 1tsp of oil or butter or low fat dressing per day.
With this you can have 300mls of skimmed milk per day.
This list is very small but I can't write the whole lot out.
all the best.

Last edited:
cheers

I believe it's 150g lean uncooked red meat and 200g uncooked white meat Sue? Since red meat (beef/pork) is usually higher calorie than chicken breast? :) It's also 200g quorn as far as I remember.
Your meat AND veg shouldn't go over 350-400 calorie mark. I would suggest weighing your portions for now.

For calorie queries have a look at : Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis &ndash; NutritionData.com and also the packaging from the supermarket itself. :)
thanks I was in a hurry

Back