Anybody have 5st to lose?

Hey ladies. Woken up with sore back from water retention this morning. Only a little pee, so when I jumped on the scales I'm 2lb heavier. All my fault I think. I only got through 2 litres and 2 packets yesterday. Annoyed, annoyed annoyed!!! Need to have my first packet earlier and stick to the same routine I would at work I think.
On a good note, made it for a swim yesterday - only 20 minutes, but really pleased. Going to aqua aerobics at 12 today.
Sonya - can't wait to see a pic of you at your brother's wedding. With your positive attitude and the way you're going, you'll get to your goal and everyone will be doing the "snap head" when they see you!!
I bought myself the Gucci by Gucci gift set as it was on special offer in the Perfume Shop. I am totally stocked up now for the year.

RhiBro - don't beat yourself up doll. Although I'm a bit overwhelmed by your list for next week. Do you think that's maybe why you fell off the wagon a wee bit? If we all concentrate on one or 2 things to complete weekly 100% for 29 days, then on day 30 it's become a routine. So the theory is you can incorporate another element in to your routine on day 30 and if you screw it up, the other two/one will still be in place because your brain has said it's normal.

Sparkly - I am saving money too but I need to remind myself that does not mean I can buy more bags/shoes/treats etc as I will need to replace everything in my wardrobe. A bit gutted as I bought some lovely coats and outfits recently, but nevermind, they will go to a good home - or I might pay to get the fur jacket taken in. Such a bargain at £37.50 that it might just be worth it so I have it for next winter season. Hope you have a good day at work and glug that water!

xx

Tha ks Hun, I know it sounds a lot, but actually isn't!!

The water and SS things just have to be done. I've been doing zumba for months now at that frequency, and love it so much, but really won't beat myself up of I don't make it there, honest, 30 Day Shred is only 20 mins a day, so more than manageable, plus the odd day off isn't worth beating myself up over. The Beck book takes a couple of minutes, am already a few days in, And it really interests me, so I dong find it hard. And finally, the hypno app is what I use to go to sleep and is no trouble at all!!

So don't worry, will not find it too hard, promise, and won't be beating myself up if I don't get it all done every day! I understand the importance of not making goals too onerous!!

:)

ok dokey. As long as you're cool and on the journey that's all that matters. I might have a wee look at this 30 day shred thingy too after the first month. I'm just proud of almost getting through the weekend! LOL xx

You're doing so well sweets!! Keep it up!! Shred is great, although you'll hate Gillian after a day or two, ass whooping, slave driving b!tch!!

I'm just reading on amazon about the becks workbook. Might just have to buy it. Do you find it useful? Again a few people are talking about it also.

Yeah, find it really good. Makes you think a lot more about stuff you never gave conscious thought to in the past!!

hello sonya..and all,

I have 5stones to lose and people to prove wrong just like you. My sis-in-law is a right cow too(haha).

Hope you all succeed with your weight loss, and getting back to the way we used to be once. xxx

Greetings stoshy!!! x

Hey all!

Welcome Stoshy, sister in law problems are worse, I can't even slap her!!

5st will disappear in no time. I'm shocked at how quickly you can lose the weight on CD. Sometimes I get impatient but have to remind myself that I should be thankful that I can do it in CD time! Lol.

Sparklychar, I think unless you have done CD or suffered with weight issues and the psychological effects, you don't get anything about this diet.

My mum bought me some lovely sarees. I know how to make an outfit look sexy but unfortunately not always had the figure to carry it off! Not this time though!!

MsV, I hope you are feeling better now. Although you should try not to weigh yourself. I know it's difficult and I have done that in the past but if you are doing what you should be doing then there is no doubt you will lose weight. Our fluctuates throughout the day.

Well done with your exercise. I'm just plain lazy! Lol.

I'm loving the "snap head" action! I hope so!!!

Good choice of perfume too! I'm liking you more everyday!! Lol.

RhiBro, I think you are amazing for doing so much! I know you'll be sensible with any diet and exercise. I don't follow anything thing or read any books. There's the laziness kicking in again! lol.

I'm really good as I've finally got to use the laptop to post as opposed to using my phone! You don't get to see all the little details on the via the phone.

Had an ok day. Quite bland. I've not drunk as much water as I should have, probably short by a pint but that is still good enough for me!

Off to bed now, have a great day and good luck for the week ahead.

Hi Sonya,

I'm looking to loose 5stone aswell..How are you finding it?

I'm on day 20 and have lost 17lbs so far and will find out tomo at WI how I've done this week.
I've really surprised myself as I thought that I would never be able to manage to resist food but I'm pleasantly shocked at myself!

IronicDontYaThink said:
Hi Sonya,

I'm looking to loose 5stone aswell..How are you finding it?

I'm on day 20 and have lost 17lbs so far and will find out tomo at WI how I've done this week.
I've really surprised myself as I thought that I would never be able to manage to resist food but I'm pleasantly shocked at myself!

Hey IronicDontYaThink, great username!

Well done on your success thus far. I'm now on day 14 and I've lost 4lbs this week. Great. Need to complete this week now. I'm finding it ok simply because I'm keeping my head down and chugging the water.

How are you feeling? Is this your first time with CD?

Well done on the loss, that was my loss last week too! This is my first time on CD and i'm finding it better than I thought it would be and the food dreams have now stopped lol. Had a tough past week as it was my sons 1st birthday and party and then he was unwell in hospital for 2 nights and I can't believe I managed to stick to it 100%, actually making shakes next to his hospital cot! Its definitely gotten easier! Is this your first time?
Madeleine

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I have about 6 stone to lose, but obviously I'd love to lose more, and get close to the weight I was before I had kids. I have two 14 year old twins, and a 4 year old boy. I've just let the weight pile on now for the last 12 years or so. It's not just a matter of vanity, but I truly do worry about my health.

I started the CD on the 24th of February (on my 15th Wedding Anniversary -yes I'm a glutton for punishment) and so far I have lost 12 pounds. Considering my starting weight, I do think it should have been more, but saying that, I am really happy with how I've done.

I've read all the posts on this thread, and I think you are all doing so well, you're a great inspiration!

IronicDontYaThink said:
Well done on the loss, that was my loss last week too! This is my first time on CD and i'm finding it better than I thought it would be and the food dreams have now stopped lol. Had a tough past week as it was my sons 1st birthday and party and then he was unwell in hospital for 2 nights and I can't believe I managed to stick to it 100%, actually making shakes next to his hospital cot! Its definitely gotten easier! Is this your first time?
Madeleine

Hey IronicDontYaThink, how is your son?

Thanks. I'm really pleased about my weight loss.

I suffered from some horrible and very realistic food dreams, last year but I think it was from 5wks on. They were truly upsetting! They were so real.

My relationship stated with CD roughly 3yrs ago. I went from 19st to 12st last year, again it took 3yrs!! Lol. I stupidly ended up putting all the weight back on. No excuses. So now, hopefully, I'm here to finish what I started!

Pampered said:
Hi everyone!

I have about 6 stone to lose, but obviously I'd love to lose more, and get close to the weight I was before I had kids. I have two 14 year old twins, and a 4 year old boy. I've just let the weight pile on now for the last 12 years or so. It's not just a matter of vanity, but I truly do worry about my health.

I started the CD on the 24th of February (on my 15th Wedding Anniversary -yes I'm a glutton for punishment) and so far I have lost 12 pounds. Considering my starting weight, I do think it should have been more, but saying that, I am really happy with how I've done.

I've read all the posts on this thread, and I think you are all doing so well, you're a great inspiration!

Hey Pampered, I'm pleased that someone else has joined The March Team! Lol.

Well done on your great loss! It's highly motivational to lose that much in your first weigh in.

I've felt the health implications of being overweight and have ignored them for long enough. I think I'd really enjoy working out if I wasn't carrying so many extra pounds.

What does your husband think of you doing this diet?

Going sleep now, my eyes are stinging! Night all and have a flawless CD day.

Hey Pampered, I'm pleased that someone else has joined The March Team! Lol.

Well done on your great loss! It's highly motivational to lose that much in your first weigh in.

I've felt the health implications of being overweight and have ignored them for long enough. I think I'd really enjoy working out if I wasn't carrying so many extra pounds.

What does your husband think of you doing this diet?

Going sleep now, my eyes are stinging! Night all and have a flawless CD day.

Hi Sonya, thanks for the lovely welcome! :D

My husband and kids fully support me on this, they really are good. They've always loved me for who I am, and have never pressurised me into losing the weight. I am so stubborn, and refuse to let the fact that I can't eat affect how I cook for my family. So I still cook them lovely meals, and I actually find myself being more inventive than usual. :doh:

I have moments when I truly do struggle, but for the most part, my family are a great support.

I have nothing but respect for you ladies that cook for your family whilst doing this. My OH has to bring food from him mum's every day as I just won't do it! I'm not sure what that is doing for me mentally, but at the moment, I just need to stay away until I break some of my habits. I'm giving myself a 30 day challenge to get through SS and then I feel that I will have broken some of my old ways. So impressed that you look after your families the way you do.

Agree with you msv, luckily I live in a house share and not with my other half so im only responsible for feeding myself!
I was feeling so hungry this evening, chugged a load of water and had my soup so hopefully that will sort me. Wi tmrw, so nervous! Xxxx

Hey sparklychar and MsV, the 30 day challenge is a great target to set. Stick with us doll and you'll be fine! We'll support you best we can, we're all in the same boat.

Good luck for your weigh in sparklychar. Tell us the results as soon as!

I cook for my two children and I also deal with a feeder mother, who is by the way, the most fantastic Indian chef! It is really hard at times, when you smell something or a meal looks really inviting! Most of the time though, once you're in ketosis, you just do it, don't realise and become more passionate about cooking.

I find holidays the hardest, cooking 3 maybe 4 times a day! No excuses now though as I'm in ketosis and its a relatively short amount of time to suffer, in order to look fab for my 30th!

Have I mentioned its my birthday in July and I'll be 30! Lol. I don't really have anyone in my life to make a fuss of me, my children are still too young and my mum tries but its not the same as having a partner. Don't get me wrong, I love my single life with my children, I couldn't put up with a man 24/7 (unless I meet the man of my dreams, which is highly unlikely) but it would be nice to keep one in my drawer and pull him out when I need him! Lol.

Anyway, CD is going well. Felt like chocolate so I've had my first chocolate peanut crunch bar. It was lovely! I try to keep bars for when I'm have any urge for food so I shall try not to have another for a a week or two.

Hey pampered, its nice to have somewhere to talk to people who can empathise with you and also be going through the same emotions as yourself. Then there is all the practical advice we share. I'm more than happy to ramble on!

You're really lucky to have such a supportive family. They must be excited for you!

I also find myself becoming inventive with food. I think cos I'm not consumed with just wanting to wolf it down. Hi, I'm Sonya and I'm greedy! Lol. I was like this last year on CD. It's an enjoyable time to cook when in ketosis and some think therapeutic.

I hope you are doing well. Night all.

Back