Anyone ask their consultant to NOT announce club 10 cert?

wnt2byummymummy1

Im a bit worried because I know they dont tell the group your weight but Im due for my 1.5 stone award and club 10 award very soon... surely if she announces them both it doesnt take a genius to work out what I weigh :(

Or am I missing something? xx

Having been to group for 6 months now I have to say honestly that I couldn't give a toss what someone weighs! The main thing is that everyone is there for the same reason and I'm sure everyone will be thrilled for you that you are losing!
It has certainly never crossed my mind to sit there during awards and work out how much someone weighs and even if I did, it certainly wouldn't change my opinion of someone if it was a high number. Surely the reason we are all here is because we are heavier/bigger than we would like to be and the same will be true at group.
I really wouldnt worry about it but if you really aren't comfortable with it, I'm sure you could mention it to your c. Xx

You're right, i can be worked out but honestly I don't think many people at your group will be bothered? I never think that deeply about anyone elses weight. I'm certainly not there to judge, I'm just pleased for people when they do well :)

Last week was my first week in SW (new class - had been a member a few years ago). The girl next to me at weigh-in was worried about the same thing. She mentioned it to the consultant and she asked her which one she would like announced. She chose the 1.5 stone one and kept the Club 10 quiet. I'm sure your consultant would be the same? I'm sure they won't embarass you as no doubt other folks have had the same issue.

Well done on your achievement and thankyou - it helps to know I'm not the only one that gets easily embarrassed in group situations :)

You should be proud you are making so much progress in the right direction!! :D but i do understand that you hate the thought of others judging you, but if they were perfect then they wouldnt be at class either! xxx

I honestly have never thought of working out how much people weigh with the club 10 awards and im sure noone in your group will either.

I sometimes help weigh people and to be honest even then i couldnt tell you how much people weigh as im focusing on how much theyve lost ect. although i have to write down their weight it goes straight over my head.

but if it really worries you then just have a wors with your.consultant and im aure he/she wont have a problem not announcing it.

Wouldn't cross my mind to work out someone's weight from their award; and you can clearly see by looking at me that I'm huge so wouldn't be too bothered if someone sat and tried to work it out.

But weight is such a sensitive and personal issue and how you deal with it is what works for you. Def have a word with your consultant xx

To be honest it would never occur to me to think "ah she's lost 21lbs & therefore her start/current weight is X". Everyone there wants the same thing & is there to encourage. If you are worried ask her to announce one award. They're always careful not to mention the weights of members so maybe it's something she would suggest anyway!

Your consultant is not there to embarass you, nor are your class there to judge you.

I seriously doubt anyone would bother to take the time working out your starting weight - they will be too busy congratulating you on your new awards.

You should be proud of yourself for what you have already achieved, not embarassed of yourself because of your start weight. Well done on your weight loss!

It sounds like too much like hard work to me to work anything like that out in my head! lol!

I know what you mean though. When I went to group it dawned on me but everyone is in the same boat an so supportive I wouldn't worry about it but thats easy for me to say!

At the end of the day, if you are uncomfortable having it announced I'm sure your consultant won't mind not mentioning it :)

I agree. I have been at club for a year and am just delighted when other people reach any sort of target as I am sure they are of me. I would not dream of checking out what anyones 10 % weight is but then I don't care what anyone else weighs. I am there for me and it seems to be working.

You can ask your consultant not to mention any of your awards, if that is what you want. It won't be the first time she has had that request.

I don't think anyone in our group (including me) is clever enough to do the mental arithmetic to calculate someone's weight from their Club 10 award, nor would they bother. But it is up to you and your consultant will not want to do anything that makes you uncomfortable.

You can ask your consultant not to mention any of your awards, if that is what you want. It won't be the first time she has had that request.

I don't think anyone in our group (including me) is clever enough to do the mental arithmetic to calculate someone's weight from their Club 10 award, nor would they bother. But it is up to you and your consultant will not want to do anything that makes you uncomfortable.

Lol I know I certainly don't have the mental arithmetic to do it, the consultant would bombard me with the next persons figures before I had my head round it!

Well done on your losses looks like your doing great, I can't wait to get to my club10 :)

I agree with everyone elses comments. Having attended other weightloss classes I am always in awe of the people that reach milestones and sometimes try to talk to them to get some hints and tips. As for working out what you weigh, your weight is only of concern to you in the group as everyone else is having the same insecurities and probalably podering on their own loss/gain for that week.

Keep up the fabulous work, its inspiring to read about people having big losses as I am just starting my SW journey. xx

I definitely couldn't work that out and even if I could I doubt I would bother! Do whatever you're comfortable with though x

I don't go to class for that very reason, I am ashamed of my weight and would hate for people to know how heavy I am!! I don't mind on here cos I'm anonymous, but if anyone notices how much I'm losing, I just say I have lost a couple of pounds, not a couple of stone!! I totally understand where you are coming from xxx

I actually wondered about that last night to be honest as a girl in our class got hers and they announced her total loss so far. The thing is, I think people were just so impressed with her that they weren't really bothered. I don't think I will be bothered if they do announce mine - I used to be dead insecure about my weight but now that it is going down, I don't mind telling people, as long as it is in the context of how far I have come!

Back