Anyone been to Alaska?

Discussion in 'Holidays' started by Barb, 19 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    DH and I are celebrating 30 years of being wed by going on a fab cruise!!!:D

We are going on Celebrity's Infinity ship and fly to Vancouver to board at Britsh Columbia.

We have 16 nights on board and it sounds amazing. Should see lots of wildlife ( yes and have a wild life!) and generally have an amazing celebration to remember.:D

Never been to a 'cold' place on hols and just wondered if anyone else had done a similar trip?

Love

Last edited: 19 February 2008
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Flab-u-less-Flower

Flab-u-less-Flower Silver Member

Hi Barb,
    I have been to Alaska, and my hubby and I loved it! It is very beautiful and picturesque, the glaciers are amazing, the scenery is spectacular and the wildlife is neat too. We did not do a cruise, but we flew there and toured Ancorage, Homer, Paradise cove etc., we stayed in bed and breakfasts, and the people were amazing. We went salmon and hallibut fishing and crab catching too, I even caught a 87 pound hallibut fish! You will enjoy your trip I am sure, have a great time! Hope I helped ease your mind a tad. Happy Anniversary & Congrats 30 years is awesome!

4. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    Hi Flower - thanks for that! You make it sound wonderful. What time of year did you go and did you find the temperature a problem? Really not sure what we are going to need packing wise.

Love

5. dineshsingh

dineshsingh Member

Congrates bro .I haven't been Alaska any time but after seeing your experience i will definitely go there.Thanks for sharing.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.