Anyone high 9 stone and wants to get to low 9's?

Well, I'm down to 9 stone 4.5. My target was 9 stone 5, and I think I'm happy with that. I was originally hoping to get down to 9 stone, but i just don't think that would be maintainable...So for now, 9 stone 5 it is!

Chuffed xx

charlotte1985 said:
Well, I'm down to 9 stone 4.5. My target was 9 stone 5, and I think I'm happy with that. I was originally hoping to get down to 9 stone, but i just don't think that would be maintainable...So for now, 9 stone 5 it is!

Chuffed xx

Congrats can't wait to see 9.7 let alone 9.5 :)

Hi everyone, can I join your group? I am just in the 9's and in the last few months I have been trying to get to 9stone 7 lbs but it has been 1 off 1 on 2 off 2 on, but I really need to get my act togeter and get this final 1/2 stone off, especilly aas I haave bought my dress for the christmas do and it is a little tight at the moment. Hopefully being on here will help:)

Hi, I'd like to join too please I've just graduated from the 10 to 9 forum!!! I have made it into the 9s but like others say it seems really hard to lose - to be honest I've only lost about a lb a week the whole time I've been on SW but now it seems to be down to a 1lb every other week or even 3 weeks. I exercise every day and really don't go off plan except for eating out, but I choose SW friendly things and count alcohol etc. So it is quite hard I agree. Trying to get to 9.7. Am at 9.12 last WI. Its really good to hear others find it hard at this weight as well. Anyway, we must keep on keeping on!!! Good luck to everyone.

Where is everyone! Its gone quiet. Am feeling a a bit fed up, just such a SLOWWWWW loss. Last week (Thurs) I lost 1.5lbs and that was over 2 weeks. This week I won't make it again to WI, just life getting in the way, and I really don't seem to have lost anything if the scales at home are anything to go by and the belly flab.

Its so frustrating when you are being good, which tbh honest I am, going to the gym/exercising staying on plan (almost) all the time, and the losses don't come.
Am also getting fed up with having to explain to people that I'm "still" on a diet - which I am cos not at target, when they keep saying things like you haven't got it to lose, etc etc. Just because I'm not morbidly obese doesn't mean I'm entirely happy with my weight. They seem to take it as a personal affront, like, why don't I eat the sandwiches that have been ordered in for work meeting - well because they are smothered in mayo that's why.
I admit I only have about 3 more pounds to lose or something but to be honest with Christmas coming up and we'll be away then in S Africa, which I have no idea how easy it is to stay on plan there, prob fairly hard as we'll be staying with family anyway, it just feels at my current loss rate as though I'll get there (if I do) basically just before Xmas and then prob undo all my good work straight away!!

Urrggh. Groan over.
The good part is my size 12s are finally on the way out on clothes exchange forum :)

How is everyone else doing.
Have a great day.

I know exactly how you feel on the sandwiches front! I have a lot of supplier review meeting that a buffet lunch is provided and because I'm carful about the things I choose people wrongly assume I'm not eating. If only they could see what I really eat, they'd be surprised. Really winds me up too!

I am 4lbs from target however I think I'll want to take a few more off if I can just for good measure.

Hang in there hun, you can do it x

Hey ladies I'm afraid I was struggling so much and with Christmas looming I have switched diets and am giving Dukan a try. I seem to be going well but just hope it lasts. Hope you guys manage to break through and keep going xxx

Hi everyone mind if I join?

I've just weighed in this morning at 9 stone 13.75 so I've just got my toe in the door lol started off on slimming world but have since moved to my own healthy eating while still following some of the principles of SW!

Hoping to get to 9.7 for Christmas which will be tough so would love some support :)

Good luck to you all.

Ps. I LOVE kettlebells :)

Lydiahoyle said:
Where can I find out more?

There is a thread called the secret to shaping up in the exercise forum- lots of info on there about kettlebells :) good luck!

Hi everyone, I haven't checked in for a while....weighed myself this morning & am 9st8 which is superb for me :) I would like to lose more & be closer to 9st than 10st but I've a pretty hectic schedule up to & including Christmas so if I can maintain this weight or even lose a couple more pounds I'll be very chuffed!

Is there anyone else in this position or are you all planning to keep on losing through this crazy time if year?!

Hi everyone, I haven't checked in for a while....weighed myself this morning & am 9st8 which is superb for me :) I would like to lose more & be closer to 9st than 10st but I've a pretty hectic schedule up to & including Christmas so if I can maintain this weight or even lose a couple more pounds I'll be very chuffed!

Is there anyone else in this position or are you all planning to keep on losing through this crazy time if year?!

I was 10stone when I weighed myself on sunday so not quite in the 9s really. I would love to continue losing weight especially upto the runup to christmas, but I am away for this weekend then i go on holiday for a week to tenerife in 2 weeks time so I think I will really struggle, I am struggling to lose the weight I put on the last holiday and I only put 3lbs on then and that was September, so there really isn't much hope lol. I have my good head on at the moment but not sure that will help lol

I;ve got WI tonight.....nervous...................haven't been for 2 weeks and am really hoping for a loss, its all so slowwwwwwww for me. groan ....even when being really "good". And yes heaven only knows how we are going to cope with Xmas!! I am going away too which should be lovely but its to S Africa and no idea how easy it will be to stick to plan there. Part of it we are staying with relations and can't decide whether to come clean about diet or just not mention it.
Maybe should just relax ... a bit? And then get back on plan in Jan? Have only got about 1-2 lbs to go to target.....

Good luck for tonight notokettlechips!!

This week has been a write off for me, I've had a horrible cold and have used it as an excuse to eat rubbish including mcds, chippy and crisps/ chocolate. I think I'm gonna avoid WI tomorrow as couldn't bear to see a 10 on the scales, will draw a line and get back on track!

How is everyone else?

I feel exactly the same way about Corona!! I over indulged last weekend & it showed on the scales this week... Oops!! Me & Corona are no longer friends!!!!

chickadee83 said:
Good luck for tonight notokettlechips!!

This week has been a write off for me, I've had a horrible cold and have used it as an excuse to eat rubbish including mcds, chippy and crisps/ chocolate. I think I'm gonna avoid WI tomorrow as couldn't bear to see a 10 on the scales, will draw a line and get back on track!

How is everyone else?

Aww don't be so hard on yourself, we've all been there, you should go along tomorrow u never know you might get a nice surprise :) in my experience if I don't go to wi because I've had a bad week it's a slippery slope :(

Good luck :) x

I think the thing is when you have an off week (or 2) is not to just throw your hands up & give in. Dust yourself off, don't dwell on the bad stuff & don't use it as an excuse to just eat/drink as much as you want!! I think we're all in the same boat & close to goal as we're not aiming for the next stone bracket. I find when I'm so close it's so easy when I fall off the wagon to think sod it I don't care, then I end up gaining a stone & having to start all over again! I'm doing much better this time thankfully, managed to lose my 2lb gain quite easily.....I'm determined for it to be for life this time not just a couple of months (or weeks on some occasions)!!

Keep on keeping on, don't forgot how well we're all doing, we're in the 9st bracket, HOW GOOD IS THAT!!! :D

Weighed myself this morning( at home, I don't go to a slimming club)and scales were up to 10 stone 4 lbs :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Surely I've not put that much on after 3 bad days??!! Just gonna draw a big line and get back on track so I'll hopefully be back in the 9s next Friday :cross:

Weighed myself this morning( at home, I don't go to a slimming club)and scales were up to 10 stone 4 lbs :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Surely I've not put that much on after 3 bad days??!! Just gonna draw a big line and get back on track so I'll hopefully be back in the 9s next Friday :cross:
It's scary how quick it is to put weight on but then it seems to take forever to lose it. I thought I was having a good week, my weigh day is Sunday but I had a sneaky peak today to find I have put 1lb on. I won't be able to weigh myself sunday because I go away for the weekend and I will not be able to get on track until Tuesday. I will have to try really hard then.

I hope you lose your weight quickly, if you stick with it for a few days you may find that you have lost it, that can happen to me.

barbs1965 said:
It's scary how quick it is to put weight on but then it seems to take forever to lose it. I thought I was having a good week, my weigh day is Sunday but I had a sneaky peak today to find I have put 1lb on. I won't be able to weigh myself sunday because I go away for the weekend and I will not be able to get on track until Tuesday. I will have to try really hard then.

I hope you lose your weight quickly, if you stick with it for a few days you may find that you have lost it, that can happen to me.

Yeah it is scary!! It's taken me a month to lose 4 lbs lol hoping it's not a real gain and I can shift it quickly!! Good luck to you!

Back