Anyone in the 11 stone bracket want support to get down to the 10s?

Its so nice to be back in the company of those who kept me going in the last zone! so fed up this week! Its hard to keep motivated when you have beening doing SW for a while! made weetabix muffins to keep me going today and tomorrow!

how is everyone else doing this week? x

So far, so good ish. I had a cake on Tuesday after my weigh in as a treat from work for coping wth Ofsted. It's usually the weekend when my routine is out that I have a wobbly.

I'm intrigued by your Weetabix muffins... How do you make those?

HI don't know what diet this one is for, but i never know where to post!
I'm in the 11's for the last couple weeks

now 11st10.6lb

had a long stint of staying pretty much the same weight / slow weight loss, I think it was important as consolidating time, and time to regain will power... won't be so annoyed next time that happens hopefully...

I'm SO amazed to lose 6.5lbs in 2 weeks 2 days... that is loads and I don't have any idea if that is realistic in the long term

10's are going to feel so much better, I weigh 6 lbs exactly more than i did on my Wedding Day 5 yrs ago!

Isn't it meant to be that the bride gains about a stone in the next year or so? I doubled that in 5 yrs!

HI don't know what diet this one is for, but i never know where to post!
I'm in the 11's for the last couple weeks

now 11st10.6lb

had a long stint of staying pretty much the same weight / slow weight loss, I think it was important as consolidating time, and time to regain will power... won't be so annoyed next time that happens hopefully...

I'm SO amazed to lose 6.5lbs in 2 weeks 2 days... that is loads and I don't have any idea if that is realistic in the long term

10's are going to feel so much better, I weigh 6 lbs exactly more than i did on my Wedding Day 5 yrs ago!

Isn't it meant to be that the bride gains about a stone in the next year or so? I doubled that in 5 yrs!

This is the Slimming World diet one :)

congrats on the weight loss... It is amazing to see the scales saying you weigh less than before. I put on a lot of weight after getting married an having a baby... Three stone more (two stone for the marriage and one stone for the baby!) so I'm not 7lbs off what I weighed when I got married.

please feel free to post here... Support is welcomed whichever diet you're on (plus this thread seems to be a tad quiet compared to the rest.)

Thanks for the welcome:)
13st 8lb was my highest and that person still thought she could carry it well
one picture at 12 St 10 proved it really... Not carrying it well just a fat chick

Might do a half way point picture in a few lbs time x

Thanks for the welcome:)
13st 8lb was my highest and that person still thought she could carry it well
one picture at 12 St 10 proved it really... Not carrying it well just a fat chick

Might do a half way point picture in a few lbs time x

My heaviest was 14st 3 and that would have probably continued. Excuses of "oh it's quicker to get a take away" or "I can't be bothered to cook now" were always used and even when I got a takeaway I would always add extras like a starter or chips. Looking back I'm so ashamed at my attitude!

the photo which really hit home was a family one with my husband's parents, my parents, my daughter, husband, grandmother and myself... I thought I looked quite nice in the dress I'd chosen but when I saw the photos I was horrified; I'd spoilt the photo as I was just a blob. I'm hoping to take another family photo around my daughter's first birthday and I'm hoping I won't look as bad this time.

I've kept a pair of jeans and a bra which I wore at my heaviest and to prove that I'm on the right track I'll put them on to show myself how much I've lost :)

a during photo will really show you how far you've come already :)

Thanks Spoony, I might get sis to take a photo x she's a great photographer it would be better than a selfie, she's here now
can't help thinking I look older with the weight loss
guess that was something I was afraid of but its not like I looked young and pretty at my biggest either

Thanks Spoony, I might get sis to take a photo x she's a great photographer it would be better than a selfie, she's here now
can't help thinking I look older with the weight loss
guess that was something I was afraid of but its not like I looked young and pretty at my biggest either

i hope your sis managed to take a photo of you. If she's a great photographer then she'll be able to capture who you truly are and then you'll be able to see the difference. Selfies usually don't show us in the best light (and tend to show our double chins, well mine anyway!)

God I hope I don't gain much back in the first year of marriage apart from if I have a baby!

Alas, I think it's the curse of marriage; you get comfortable and then the weight just creeps on. Whilst being pregnant you can still eat sensible and not gain much I've heard. I didn't eat sensibly, though my cravings were tuna and pineapple (not together!) although I did add tuna to a Big Mac once (or twice!)

Last edited:
Yes i take the worst pictures of myself!

I took one of me from the side naked leaning towards the camera, horrible
and the least flattering ones all round
I like to think i laugh at them but actually it gets me down.

Yes i take the worst pictures of myself!

I took one of me from the side naked leaning towards the camera, horrible
and the least flattering ones all round
I like to think i laugh at them but actually it gets me down.

I blame unrealistic photos of "celebrities" for us trying the strangest of selfie angles!

When I first started losing and had people making the lovely "oh wow u look great/lost so much/doing so well" etc comments, I couldnt really see it myself. So I went and found a picture from a previous holiday that I thought I looked really nice in at the time, my other half then took the same pic, same pose, same dress etc and when I put them next to each other, wow did I see what everyone else did!

I have continued to do this every summer for the last 3 years, times when im feeling down or had a gain etc, it really puts things in perspective of how far iv come. 5stone gone, 1 to go and although my losses are super slow and over the 3 years I have yo yo'd and had weeks off plan, this picture comparison idea is the most rewarding way to give myself a pat on the back and really see the difference. :D

nicinoo37 You've got it!!

I don't have a similar pair of trousers but i do have the top still and I'm sure i can find something for the bottom half - oh yeah i have cream jeans!

gonna do it tonight

When I first started losing and had people making the lovely "oh wow u look great/lost so much/doing so well" etc comments, I couldnt really see it myself. So I went and found a picture from a previous holiday that I thought I looked really nice in at the time, my other half then took the same pic, same pose, same dress etc and when I put them next to each other, wow did I see what everyone else did!

I have continued to do this every summer for the last 3 years, times when im feeling down or had a gain etc, it really puts things in perspective of how far iv come. 5stone gone, 1 to go and although my losses are super slow and over the 3 years I have yo yo'd and had weeks off plan, this picture comparison idea is the most rewarding way to give myself a pat on the back and really see the difference. :D

Hey, this really spoke to me. In more ways than one. I also struggle to see what other people see and I rarely believe it, it's a major psychological adjustment to "lose" the weight in your head. Also, I too have been losing what I consider slowly, simply because I'm terribly impatient and want everything yesterday. But I'm sort of halfway of what I want to lose after a year of SW and your post has actually given me a bit of comfort and confidence that the speed of the weight loss isn't really the main thing. What counts is that it is happening and you still live a life that doesn't revolve around "diet thoughts" but focuses on health. The comparison is a really good idea, I might do that too, dig out an old favourite and keep trying it on!

I'm hovering on the edge of the 10st mark but I'm pretty sure last weekend has totally messed it up. So I may be here for a little bit longer. :)

So I stayed the same this week (which is a miracle as I ate out three times and had a cream cake from work to celebrate surviving Ofsted.)

I'm aiming to lose that 1lb to get my two nd a half stone award next week.

hope everyone is ok!

Hi all, can I join ye here? Just graduated into the 11st bracket this morning, am so excited! I am not used to this technology and poor to post but will try to keep up with ye all! Looking forward to moving down the stone together! ;-)

Hi all, can I join ye here? Just graduated into the 11st bracket this morning, am so excited! I am not used to this technology and poor to post but will try to keep up with ye all! Looking forward to moving down the stone together! ;-)

Congrats and welcome to the group. Fingers crossed for a short stay for you :)

Hey, this really spoke to me. In more ways than one. I also struggle to see what other people see and I rarely believe it, it's a major psychological adjustment to "lose" the weight in your head. Also, I too have been losing what I consider slowly, simply because I'm terribly impatient and want everything yesterday. But I'm sort of halfway of what I want to lose after a year of SW and your post has actually given me a bit of comfort and confidence that the speed of the weight loss isn't really the main thing. What counts is that it is happening and you still live a life that doesn't revolve around "diet thoughts" but focuses on health. The comparison is a really good idea, I might do that too, dig out an old favourite and keep trying it on!

I'm hovering on the edge of the 10st mark but I'm pretty sure last weekend has totally messed it up. So I may be here for a little bit longer. :)

nicinoo37 You've got it!!

I don't have a similar pair of trousers but i do have the top still and I'm sure i can find something for the bottom half - oh yeah i have cream jeans!

gonna do it tonight

Am so glad I have shared my post now knowing that it has helped u ladies. There really is nothing like a 'visual boost' better than seeing it for urself, looking in the mirror just isnt the same thing as we are too used to what we see. A photo is a different angle and am sure u will feel amazing once u compare, I was shocked and close to tears myself. And if u do it, make sure u give urself a bloody big pat on the back no matter how far uv come or how long its taken :)

Back