Anyone in the 12s wanting to get into the 11s?

I've picked my target based on where I was in my early 20's, yoyoing between 10-11st (was 16st in my teens). At the time I always wanted to lose more and was constantly dieting and exercising like mad but never got any lower than 10st. Over the years and with the big weight gain, I've come to realise that I'm probably just not built to be thin so I've decided to aim for an achievable target that I'll have a chance at maintaining. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't love to see a 9 on the scales but maintaining a consistent weight has to be my main objective. Now to work out how to do that :p

Just noticed we're the same height. Have a look at the 'Inspirational photos' thred. There is a pic of me at 10st 12, may give you an idea???

I must admit I try not to weigh too often as a rule but this last week it has been every morning as I was so desperate to see the scales move down into the 12's. I feel like I am now in unchartered territory as it has been such a long time sonce these numbers were shwoing on the scales and I feel so excited at the thought of getting to the 11's and the 10's - for the first time ever it actually feels possible! I am having trouble deciding on a target weight (I have set it at 10st 5.5lbs as that is within the healthy BMI range and would mark exactly 8st lost from my heaviest) but have started wondering recently if the 9's are out of the question?! I haven't seen single figures on the scales since I was in Primary School lol! Maybe 9st 12.5lbs - just an extra half a stone that would put me comfortably in the middle (rather than just inside) of the healthy BMI range - given my weight history, maybe this is a little too ambitious? Maybe a more realistic, higher weight, would be easier to maintain? Ultimately I do not want to be on 600 calories a day for the rest of my life!

I am intersted to know how other people decide on a final target weight? Would love to hear your views x

How about choosing that as a goal and then seeing how you feel when you get there? I know exactly what you mean with the unchartered territory as I haven't been this weight probably since I was pregnant with my first child 26 years ago! I chose my goal based on it being 1/2 stone under the top limit for BMI for me but am planning on going initially to another 1/2 stone under that so that when I do get an initial gain when I start eating I'll still be around about right......though I may get there and decide I do warn to stay in the 8 stone bracket :)

Kerry - WOW!! If I look aything like that when I get into the 10's I will be overjoyed!! Katie I think you are right - will see how I feel once I get into the 10's and make a decision hten as to whether to go a bit further or maintain at that point. I guess the key thing is to be able to maintain a healthy weight - the ultimate goal lol! I am still excited about finally having reached the 12's :)

Another question is how much did you find you had to lose to drop a dress size? I have gone from a 22 (at 18st 5.5lbs) to an 18 (at 12st 12lbs) and will admit things are starting to look baggy and a lot of it depends on the shop/cut/style etc and although I try not to get too hung up on what the label says, it is another way to measure how far you have come (other than concentrating on the numbers on the scales) and it is nice to achieve a drop in clothes size! In my mind I would like to be a 12/14 when I get to goal but again, maybe that is just not for me!!

It really varied. I started at 18-20 at 16st and quite quickly dropped to a 16 but stayed there for ages. It took 2 stone to drop from 16-14 and then another 2 stone to drop to a 12 (which is where I was in the pics) I'm quite narrow in the hip so some 10's fit on the bottom half but was still wearing some 14's on the top but averaging a 12. I'm back up to a 14 now. I'd say try some 14-16's on, you'll probably be surprised x

Yaaaaaaay at last I can join you. It's taken me a while as I had a bad few weeks but I'm now in the 12's. Only just but I'm here and thats what counts. I still cannot believe I am now looking towards getting into the 11's. Very surreal but absolutely fab. :) xx

Yaaaaaaay at last I can join you. It's taken me a while as I had a bad few weeks but I'm now in the 12's. Only just but I'm here and thats what counts. I still cannot believe I am now looking towards getting into the 11's. Very surreal but absolutely fab. :) xx

Well jealous but will see you here soon x

That's the spirit Bride. I like it ;-) xx

Am soooooo happy to have you here.....now come on let's head for the 11's xx

Kerry - WOW!! If I look aything like that when I get into the 10's I will be overjoyed!! Katie I think you are right - will see how I feel once I get into the 10's and make a decision hten as to whether to go a bit further or maintain at that point. I guess the key thing is to be able to maintain a healthy weight - the ultimate goal lol! I am still excited about finally having reached the 12's :)

Another question is how much did you find you had to lose to drop a dress size? I have gone from a 22 (at 18st 5.5lbs) to an 18 (at 12st 12lbs) and will admit things are starting to look baggy and a lot of it depends on the shop/cut/style etc and although I try not to get too hung up on what the label says, it is another way to measure how far you have come (other than concentrating on the numbers on the scales) and it is nice to achieve a drop in clothes size! In my mind I would like to be a 12/14 when I get to goal but again, maybe that is just not for me!!

I was a 24 at 17st 7lb and at 12st 7lb I'm a 14's bottoms and 16 in tops - I blame the big boobs :)

Yaaaaaaay lets do it Katie. Look out 11's here we come!!! :D
Re the boobs ...... used to be the same but they are shrinking massively. They are also going south due to the missing spare tyre that used to keep them up :(. I can live with that, just have to buy new underwear LOL xx

Finally here as of weigh in this morning. 12st 11lb. Looking forward to those 11s. Good luck everyone!

Yaaaaaaay lets do it Katie. Look out 11's here we come!!! :D
Re the boobs ...... used to be the same but they are shrinking massively. They are also going south due to the missing spare tyre that used to keep them up :(. I can live with that, just have to buy new underwear LOL xx

I did that a couple of weeks ago, went and got measured and I'd 'shrunk' from a 44DD to a 34G - not quite sure at the age of 45 how the whole bra thing works :rolleyes: x

Well done Abigail :)

12st 1lb this morning, fingers crossed I'm back in the 11's in the next couple of days :) This weekend is gonna be tough, hosting a World Cup party on Sat and going to a baby shower on Sun. Weekends are hard enough without surrounding myself with lovely food and BOOZE. It's only food though right????

I was a 24 at 17st 7lb and at 12st 7lb I'm a 14's bottoms and 16 in tops - I blame the big boobs :)

I am currently 12.8 and am the opposite of you Katie, 16 bottoms and 14 top (big hips and thighs)! Sigh!! x

12st 1lb this morning, fingers crossed I'm back in the 11's in the next couple of days :) This weekend is gonna be tough, hosting a World Cup party on Sat and going to a baby shower on Sun. Weekends are hard enough without surrounding myself with lovely food and BOOZE. It's only food though right????
Brilliant Kerry, will be amazing to be in the 11's - hope you manage it before the weekend :)

Well done everyone on your losses. Another 3lbs off this week which takes me to 12st 8lbs. Could be in the 11s by beginning of July. :D. Good luck to all!

Another 3lbs off for me. 11s are only 6lbs away. Two more weeks I'm hoping :D. Good luck everyone.

Wowsers Abigail, check you out! Be gone 6lb darn you lol. Your doing great :) xx

Back