Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

hi everyone, ive just been pointed in this direction and would love to join this thread
just saying hi and i will be back :)

I don't but I still keep track of how many syns I have.;)

I am planning on carrying on my food diary - cos it keeps me on the straight & narrow.
But I'm having a week off.
Back on it tomorrow!

i dont.
i got to target in mid november and i did keep it going until christmas but then stopped and never really got it going again!
have done it for a weekish here and there when i really need to focus though and recommend that.

I do Emsie. I am trying the official way, one extra B choice and up to 15 syns a day but it's weird. My body gained 3lbs the first week and then lost 1 and now just loses 1 and gains 1 keeping me at upper end of target. Or at least has been that way for a month, we'll see when I have maintained longer than a month.

Just wondering if theres any maintainers that keep a food diary? :)

I keep a food diary and I've been at Target for over a year. I like doing it though so maybe I'd have stopped by now if I found it a chore.
I like looking back to see what I had on good weeks/special occasions and it also gives me an idea of which foods affect my weight more than others.
The only time I don't keep the diary is if I'm away on holiday in Spain.
I also like it because if I'm busy I can look in my diary for meal ideas.

I have maintained for about 5 weeks now. I increased my HEB so I have two portions a day and one portion of HEA and 10 syns a day. Then on a special occasion when I have a massive blow out (ie the royal wedding BBQ party that my mum threw on Friday and a night out the week before) I don't count syns although I have a general idea that it's a lot haha ;-) then I make up for it by reducing my HEB back to one portion, reducing syns for a few days and my normal exercise and I generally stay on target. It works for me but everyone is different you got to find what's right for you and what suits your body. The way I do it means I am not stressing over an upcoming function and about trying to stay relatively to plan. You can have a day off but know that you got to get back to plan after otherwise all your hard work these months/years was for nothing :) xx

I tried it the official way but I carried on losing. I even went as far as having 2 extra HEB's and was still losing ½ lb, so I decided to try a different way, and now I have one night off a week. Usually at the weekend, where I eat normally during the day, but tea time and after I have a couple of things I really fancy. This week I got a Korma and naan bread, then had a small bowl of ice cream. The I get right back on it the next morning. it seems to be working so far. Of course if it stops working then I'll have to rethink, but for now it's ticking along nicely.

Hope all maintainers have had a good week! :) I put on 1lb this week and very happy with that. Have not stuck to plan and eaten far too much junk. Feeling bloated and not good.

Going to stick to plan this week just to feel healthier! Just have my extra he'x and see what happens.

Good luck to all those weighing in!

Hope all maintainers have had a good week! :) I put on 1lb this week and very happy with that. Have not stuck to plan and eaten far too much junk. Feeling bloated and not good.

Going to stick to plan this week just to feel healthier! Just have my extra he'x and see what happens.

Good luck to all those weighing in!

I'm almost exactly the same - 1lb on but fully deserved as I've eaten junk and had loads of beer and wine this weekend.

Only difference is - I loved every minute of it - dont feel unhealthy or bloated at all.

I did still make sure I got plenty of exercise in though -was on a camping holiday with friends and went for a long run before everyone else had got up! When they finally did surface, they are all big fans of geocaching so after my 5 mile run I had a 6 mile walk

I did a losing week and lost 1.5lbs meaning I'm 1.5lbs above target, but in range so ok! :) I really ate a mountain of speed foods!

Glad I found this thread thanks MLM. I will be at target next week and am bricking it about how I am going to maintain. My consultant didn't really have any advice just a sort of try having a day off and see how it goes.

I see some of you are having an extra HEB to maintain. I do green as I am a veggie so I'm already allowed 2 As and 2 Bs. I'm not sure if I could get through 3 Bs in a day. I sometimes struggle to get through any. Maybe I should have a look through the B section again and see if there is anything I'm missing that would be easy to incorporate.

Glad I found this thread thanks MLM. I will be at target next week and am bricking it about how I am going to maintain. My consultant didn't really have any advice just a sort of try having a day off and see how it goes.

I see some of you are having an extra HEB to maintain. I do green as I am a veggie so I'm already allowed 2 As and 2 Bs. I'm not sure if I could get through 3 Bs in a day. I sometimes struggle to get through any. Maybe I should have a look through the B section again and see if there is anything I'm missing that would be easy to incorporate.

one of the easiest to incorporate without eating more is to start cooking with olive oil.1tbsp is a heb.
if you like cereal then have a bit more,sandwiches you could have 2 normal slices of bread instead of the little ones etc.

Hello all you marvellous maintainers.

I come seeking your knowledge and wisdom.

So basically, I reached target at the end of February. I did the whole 'lose a pound one week, gain it back the next' thing, and then sadly at the end of March, I started to have a bit of a flare up (I have Crohn's) so stuck to SW as best I could but had to cut down fibre (so no brown bread, not too much veg etc). I was also put on steroids for a short while to give this flare up a good kicking. Which thankfully worked. Anyways, once I was feeling better, my fave footy team decided to go and get promoted so there were a lot of celebratory meals out (I'm a season ticket holder and have been for 15 years and all I ever seen is them be relegated, so this was big deal for me and my dad) coupled with numerous birthdays and those darn bank hols.

All of this contributed to me being essentially off plan for 7 weeks and sadly, I put on 7.5lbs. I say sadly, I totally deserved it, and I am working very hard at getting it off (I'm doing Fast Forward this week, shhhhh!).

Blimey, I'm waffling.

So my target range is 11 st 6 - 11 st 12 and I am currently 12 st 4 according to SW. My C told me I would have to pay next week, but I thought I had a week to try and get back in range? And if I don't get back in range (which I don't think I will) and have to start paying again, do I have to get back to target weight, or just target range?

As you can gather, I'm very confuddled (I blame this FF business!).

Kirsty

Hello all you marvellous maintainers.

I come seeking your knowledge and wisdom.

So basically, I reached target at the end of February. I did the whole 'lose a pound one week, gain it back the next' thing, and then sadly at the end of March, I started to have a bit of a flare up (I have Crohn's) so stuck to SW as best I could but had to cut down fibre (so no brown bread, not too much veg etc). I was also put on steroids for a short while to give this flare up a good kicking. Which thankfully worked. Anyways, once I was feeling better, my fave footy team decided to go and get promoted so there were a lot of celebratory meals out (I'm a season ticket holder and have been for 15 years and all I ever seen is them be relegated, so this was big deal for me and my dad) coupled with numerous birthdays and those darn bank hols.

All of this contributed to me being essentially off plan for 7 weeks and sadly, I put on 7.5lbs. I say sadly, I totally deserved it, and I am working very hard at getting it off (I'm doing Fast Forward this week, shhhhh!).

Blimey, I'm waffling.

So my target range is 11 st 6 - 11 st 12 and I am currently 12 st 4 according to SW. My C told me I would have to pay next week, but I thought I had a week to try and get back in range? And if I don't get back in range (which I don't think I will) and have to start paying again, do I have to get back to target weight, or just target range?

As you can gather, I'm very confuddled (I blame this FF business!).

Kirsty

You should have 1 weeks "grace" to get back into your target range - you dont have to get all the way back to your actual target, just within range (so +3lbs from your target). So from the first time you weighed in outside range as long as you get back into range the next weigh in you dont need to pay. If you dont get within range I think the idea is you go back to the paying bit (as obv when they put your card in they wont know til after you step on scales whether you have to pay or not).

Of course as target members, we dont need to go to class every week so presumably you could skip a week or two to give yourself a little more time to get back within range. I'm not entirely sure how it works on that score.

Can you give your C a call to talk it through?

If you're out of target you do get a week's grace to get back within range, if you miss that WI and go the following week you will be told you've been out of target for more than 2 weeks - it happened to me a couple of weeks ago - so had to pay.

Denise

Just want to say thank you for this thread. I have 7.5lbs to go til target, which I hope to achieve in the next 4 weeks or so & have been wandering about maintaining (follow plan at home, dont go to a class). Some great tips & advice & I hope to join you all real soon.

Kim

Hey

I have put 1lb on this week and i really dont know why :cry: plus this lb was just this weekend as i originally lost 2lb from monday/friday (damn knew i shouldnt of weighed early as a 1lb loss would of made me feel better than i do now boo) but a lb on over the weekend but i have been super good?

super free fruit and veg at least 1/3 to 2/3 super foods to 1/3 free foods and only 5 syns a day until i get back to my post holiday weight (put on 6lbs) so thats why i am trying to lose at the moment and get back to my normal maintained weight... :cry:

been eating that super speed soup with the beans for 1 meal a day do you think this could be why? its full of beans and lentils....

or i dont like blaming bloating or weight on for TOTM but is it true that you hold or gain weight?

only pushing myself so hard as i have a gorg karen millen dress to wear to a wedding this saturday and wanted to get back to 8/8 but its not going to happen now. :sigh:

this serves me right for thinking i was invincible and just going to tar over board unecessary on my holiday... half the time i wasnt even hungry and i was just stuffing myself silly because i could as the food was there grrrr

sorry to vent :wave_cry:

Back