anyone proposing to their other half today?? :-D

Happy leap year day :) I wouldn't actually do it but asked my other half the other week what he would do if i proposed. I was told in no uncertain terms that he feels its the man's job. Think he should bloody get on with it then! ;)

Last edited:
I saw the lady on Daybreak today that did it, fortunately he said yes, can you imagine how awful it would have been if he has said no, in front of the whole nation!!!

Nope. No way, no how lol
It is his job.. but to be honest, I doubt I'd say yes anyway. We went through the whole engagement thing and it nearly tore us apart. The pressure. In the end, when the church/venue was booked, and all the rest picked out and we started to concentrate on the money, we called a halt to it and decided we're much happier living in sin haha

No didnt do it today. I couldnt wait for today so I asked my fella on 7th July 2011. He said yes, I kinda knew he would - we are together 8years and have lived together for the past 5years. So we are getting married in September this year. I dont believe that it is the mans job to ask! Not in this day and age. If you want it, go for it lol.

I said to the OH today, "you know what date it is today don't you?" He said "don't even ask me", but before I got the chance to get angry, he said "I helped up an old lady who fell today and she's already asked!"

I thought that was quite funny. I wasn't able to see him today (I weigh in and stay at my dads on a weds), but we've always spoken about marriage. Its not official, but he has asked the question and the answer was yes :) x

I asked 4 years ago, he said yes out of niceness, bought me a ring, threw a party ... But refuses to marry me. We have a baby now so prob no point x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was totally planning on asking someone out today (properly- really- not kidding)

But because of one thing and another...I couldn't :( She wasn't in work for a start....so annoying! She's usually in work on Wednesdays too but she's not able to work for a while...

gutted :( had it all planned out as well!

*forever alone*

LittleFlutterby said:
I was totally planning on asking someone out today (properly- really- not kidding)

But because of one thing and another...I couldn't :( She wasn't in work for a start....so annoying! She's usually in work on Wednesdays too but she's not able to work for a while...

*forever alone*

Aww don't give up, ask her next time you see her or if you have her number ask to meet for a coffee :)

LittleFlutterby said:

*forever alone*

Oh how disappointing!
If it's meant to be it will happen, chin up chicken xxx

Is it the same woman who had the accident? How is she?

Aww don't give up, ask her next time you see her or if you have her number ask to meet for a coffee :)

I'll wait until she's back on her feet and back in work...I'm sure we'll be on the same break or something at some point! lol

Oh how disappointing!
If it's meant to be it will happen, chin up chicken xxx

Is it the same woman who had the accident? How is she?

Yeah I keep saying to myself "if it's meant to be it will happen" a lot- I am just sooooooo impatient, rofl.

It's the same woman, yeah. Apparently she's doing good. I did call round on...Tuesday, to see if she needed anything,because I was popping into work to do some shopping anyway, but she was sleeping.

Knowing Sally, she'll be in work after another week, she's more stubborn than I am- and that's saying something!

They're doing a collection for her at work, for a new bike, which I thought was nice :) I just hope people have put in some pennies, she does deserve something nice, bless her x

Back