April starter

Had an unplanned break over half term as we went away to Devon. Very active and tried as much as possible to high protein, high fat and lowish carbs. I was 12.3 when I went and I am giving myself a few days before weighing on Friday, then off to Alton towers. Hoping to be close to 12.3. Hopefully will then have five weeks till holiday without much distraction.

Hope everything is going OK Cobain if you are still about.

Hi Freefall,

I had a read of your diary and you're doing great! 2 Stone 4 lbs in just over three months, I would love to be that much down in September. You are doing well sticking to low-carbs when away on a break as well, the temptations can be higher then lol. I'm not going away this year so don't have to worry about that although it did used to motivate me somewhat when trying to get through a bad day. Alton Towers should keep you busy enough not to think about food too much.

Do you have a limit with carbs when you have a meal or do you just stick to low carb foods?

Last edited:
I mainly stick to salads, people tend not to question why I have left salad leaves in the way they would chips. I do not count.

Hi Freefall, yeah I think I'm going to add a meal at the weekend, if it's mainly meat, green veg I can't go too wrong. Sorry I don't know why I said three months in my previous post, April was only two months ago - I'm going to blame my foggy head for that one. Well I hope tomorrow goes well before your weigh in on Friday .

Hi Freefall still lurking around and 5lb more gone. Last time I did this I would have made excuses and not gone for a meal or a break if it was not planned as I allowed myself to get too addicted with the all or nothing attitude I have. I am working on this as much as the diet otherwise it will be another yo-yo. Good luck for Friday.

Whimsical I am doing the same, steak with broccoli and a little garlic butter is getting me through the craving times.

Whimsical- I didn't even notice maybe as it feels like three months. So far so good managed to get back into it without too many headaches.
Cobain - good to hear all is ok, the yo - yo is my biggest fear, maybe when (positivity) we get to maintenance hopefully we can support each other.

It's been a good 5 days and stuck to plan, am now 12 stone exactly. Weekend at Alton towers so will see how that works out. I think the week break might have recharged the system.
Full day of TS ahead of me but hunger has completely gone and a spin class tonight in case damage is done Saturday and Sunday.

Hey well done, so you've lost 3 pounds! That's brilliant! well done, and then going to a Spin Class on a Friday night, I really need to up my game here lol. have a nice weekend at Alton Towers, I haven't been there for about ten years but I loved it.

Good news about the 12 stones, so that is 2 1/2 in 2 1/2 months. Got to be pleased with that. Hope you are having a good time in Alton towers.

Diet went well over weekend, heat and stomach churning rides does stop the appetite, a diet which would probably work well for me. So back on track today to hopefully be 1 stone lighter for holidays in just under five weeks. Hoping it's going ok Cobain, do you have a diary to follow?

I cannot even do rollercoaster anymore so I can imagine the not wanting to eat. Good luck with the stone before holidays. I do not have my own diary more of a lurker. My diet is going ok, today has mainly been about drinking water and peeing. The heat is annoying as I get angry I did not start the diet sooner and then I would not be in jeans or trousers. Need to sort my head out and stop feeling sorry for myself.

I am the same, I ordered the packs in January but wasted three months faffing around. It would have been lovely to be lighter in this heat. But it it what it is. Just do not let it take up too much headspace Cobain.

Last edited:
You did well to not go mad over the weekend, That would be a good diet - go on a rollercoaster every time you get a bit peckish - you can't eat on a rollercoaster (or for a good while afterwards) - just have some lovely Spa baths next to it and then go for a bath everytime you don't feel like a ride - skinny in no time!

Last edited:
Whimsical I would definitely be thinner but would rather have the spas than the rollercoaster sickness. Was mostly TS yesterday just had one skinny frappachino with friends. I do not tell people about the diet so I can get away with not ordering cake but if I ordered black coffee it would lead to loads of questions.

Whilst it is horrible in the heat for the clothes the upside is food is not entering the mind and water intake is easy. Do friends not ask about the quick weight loss?

I yo yo so friends tend to not mention my weight, I also put weight on all over so it takes a while to drop a dress size. They might be understanding about a VLCD but to be honest I would rather just avoid the conversation. Heat and lack of appetite is a bonus.

Morning freefall, I am 2lbs down from last week, I have two nights out this weekend so I am nervous but have had good loses recently so really do need to mentally relax. I tell people about the diet now, I never used to and most are OK. My appetite for food is low but seeing everyone walking around with smoothies and ice creams is hard on the willpower. Oh and a cold cider in the evening would be lovely.

Morning Cobain, I am not going to weigh this week. For the first time I feel thinner, I am in a pair of shorts that didn't fit two weeks ago and I am not going to let the scales dampen my mood. To do this I have had to remove batteries, place scales on top of wardrobe and batteries down stairs. I normally weigh morning and night but only when trying to lose.

Everyone around here as well is drinking some sort of iced drink luckily I like black iced coffee. Do miss a glass of wine in the garden but I do not miss the alcohol more the taste and the symbolic meaning that a glass of wine is me turning off for the night.

I have to weigh, the only way I couldn't would be to bin the scales completely and that is not going to happen. Great news on the shorts, I am mainly still in jeans. I have loads of clothes in 12 & 14 but very little in a size 16. In my mind, if I do not buy them then I am not that size which is ridiculous especially as I started the diet squeezing into size 18 jeggins.

Have a lovely weekend, I am off plan tomorrow night and Sunday lunch so am aiming to be very careful.

Back