April starter

Doing better today (well so far), plenty of water and trying to decide which shake the mango and passion fruit or the strawberry daiquiri. How lovely would it be if they were real on a beach somewhere. Trying to hold off on the first shake today to see if that helps. Well done on the loss and how far are you running? I have done c25k quite a few times, managed to get to the end twice but never kept it up.

Glad it's going better cobain, the jury is out for me on the daiquiri, was a bit strange but drinkable. Maybe i need the beach. Have not got round to the mango have a few products close to use by date ending soon.
Only started this week running so am doing a 3k run to ease myself and knees into it.

Still going ok today. I had the strawberry daiquiri it tasted ok but I had an aftertaste that lasted for ages even after loads of water. Not sure I could manage 100 metres at the moment never mind 3k.

Oh shame about the mango will stick to the packs that run out of date in August. I had an aftertaste as well after the daiquiri. Hope the weekend is going ok. I have been running for years so do not have to deal with the psychological part of running which makes it easier.

Last edited:
Hi freefall, got myself through the weekend, it's nights that are my problem, seem to be getting uncomfortable hunger pains no matter how late I leave my packs. Added some skinny noodles but felt no different. But each day is getting better.

Good to hear cobain, it's so much easier when ketosis does its job. I tried the skinny noodles when I tried the 5:2 diet and they gave me horrendous wind. I got some free slender sip ages ago from exante but I am too afraid to try it as it the same ingredients. Weekend has gone good even managed to avoid having my usual meal out. But I am out Thursday but I will go gor my favourite there of steak, mushroom and Stilton salad. The times I have had this I have stayed in ketosis, just need to stay clear of alcohol.

Another good day for me, will not be eating any food for a while though. Hope you have a good time tonight. How long till you go on holiday.

Glad you are feeling much better, looking forward to my meal but I have had times when the thought of real food scared me. Just under two weeks till holidays, its been far too long since I have had a uk holiday other than a weekend at centre parks. Cobain have you got any plans?

Last edited:
Hi Freefall, How was your meal?
I'm so scared of going crazy when I leave next week, I'm packing some Slender sip, however, I always put on weight when I go to the States :(

The meal was lovely, I just follow a Atkins style approach. With one pack I am probably not more than 800 calories. As long as I do not have too much sugar or carbs I stay in ketosis. It feels like my head is in the right place this time but I am wondering if it is simply that I have my blood sugars under control. For the states you could go low carb. My gym is full of body builders following Ketogenic diets with real food, the menu even incorporates paleo meals.
Amazon and My Protein also sells Glucomannan products, generally cheaper than the slender sip. I get stomach cramps when I tried them on a 5:2 diet which was a shame as I had stocked up on skinny noodles and powder.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind when I go. I'm always tempted when travelling. And I love Mexican food ... and that's a killer calorie-wise

Delayed my weigh in because of meal on Thursday and I am now 11.4 so a loss of 2lbs. It's over 3 months on diet so I am pleased with that.
I love Mexican food but mainly the unhealthy choice or the healthy choice that I then smoother in cheese, guacamole and sour cream. Feeling hungry thinking about it.

2lbs is excellent especially considering your length of time on the diet. I love Mexican food as well. Been a good couple of days for me.
No plans this year as saving for s big one next year, still deciding where.

Cobain - Exciting about the big one, you will be able to take clothes of choice rather than clothes to hide in.
Good day for me, a 5k jog, walked the dog and not yet had a pack. My BMI is now 30.8 so 4lb till I leave the obese category and into the overweight.

Yesterday was a disaster, a nice disaster but I am paying today. I have got around this diet with my teenagers by booking gym sessions during the evening meal so they do not know. My eldest got his first job last month after finishing his GCSEs and with his first pay packet he surprised the family with an afternoon tea booking. No choices just trays of carbs. My stomach today is aching, so much so that I have decided to only have three more days on plan with another three days introducing real food before holiday as I do not want this discomfort on holiday. I am even debating pain killers it is so uncomfortable.

Wow, wow!! I remember when I finished my first 3 months of VLCD a few years back, I couldn't eat carbs without pain. To this day, I try to stay away from starches (pasta, breads etc) as it knocks me out and gives me stomach pains. I was never a big starchy carb eater in the first place as it makes me drowsy but after that, I got so scared that my body got out of whack with the diet that I've just stayed away from them and I NEVER eat them alone.

Back