April starter

I have all my smaller clothes in suitcases by size so my wardrobe is very empty and all dark colours. Having a quiet weekend, will eat steak and salad tonight as my one night off a week but otherwise should stay TS.
Enjoy Saturday and Sunday Cobain.

Hi Freefall - how was your weekend?

I noticed you didn't weigh on Friday - that's pretty good that you feel thinner - you've been on this diet for about 11 weeks haven't you? I need to weigh as it's the only way to tell if any of it is working as I don't feel any different at all but you're a lot further down the line than I am.

My wardrobe is very bare as well as I just hate buying clothes at this size so I wear everything until they have to go in the bin and only buy when absolutely necessary. I have one pair of jeans that I wear every weekend lol. Tops aren't so bad as I can just wear t-shirts with a cardigan (my staple) Hopefully they will last until I can get into size 16 as I have a lot of clothes at that size.

Last edited:
Hi Freefall,

How is your week going? Hope all is going well :)

The diet seems to be going so well I forget I am on it. Finally weighed and I am 11.9 which I am extremely pleased about 9lbs should see me into my larger size 14s (thanks next and Sainsbury's for their generous sizing) which I would like before my holidays.

Whimsical- I am normally a slave to the scales unless I am gaining then I am in denial. Being a slave to them in the past has led to the binging so I am trying to cut the reliance. I have long cardigans in nearly every colour and some summer ones as well, in some belief they have an ability to make my body invisible. It must be about 12 weeks on the diet - scary.

Cobain- hope all is going well.

Last edited:
The diet seems to be going so well I forget I am on it. Finally weighed and I am 11.9 which I am extremely pleased about. 9lbs should see me into my larger size 14s (thanks next and Sainsbury's for their generous sizing) which I would like before my holidays.

Whimsical- I am normally a slave to the scales unless I am gaining then I am in denial. Being a slave to them in the past has led to the binging so I am trying to cut the reliance. I have long cardigans in nearly every colour and some summer ones as well, in some belief they have an ability to make my body invisible. It must be about 12 weeks on the diet - scary.

Cobain- hope all is going well.

Haha, cardigans are the equivalent to invisibility cloak! I've got quite a few as well. the thing is they do the exact opposite - why oh why do we do that to ourselves!
Anyway congrats on the weighin - I'll take a size 14 right about now - most of my things are in that size, definitely won't be going lower though, not with my body type, unless I have it surgically modified :rolleyes:

Been ill the beginning of the week and medication that meant coming off the diet. Much better now and only gained 2lb which I am pleased with.
I do the cardi thing as well, partly the Harry Potter invisibility cloak and partly to save on buying clothes. But a nightmare on hot days.
Congrats on the 11 stones.

Congrats on getting to 11st 9 , thats fantastic!! Just 2 pounds away from 3 stone as well that must feel amazing, you're doing really well on this diet! How long to go now till your holiday - about three weeks? Exciting times :)

Hope you are ok Cobain, 2lb gain is nothing especially if it helps in recovery. Have a good week.
whimsical, just over three weeks and the 2lbs will be a huge milestone. I do think the holiday is perfect timing as I feel my body needs a bit of a break from the diet.

Well I hope the next 3 weeks fly in for you, and fingers crossed you get the milestone on your next weigh in.

All well again and ready for the next stage Freefall, have lost the two pounds as well. It not surprising after 12 weeks you feel like a break. Hope your week is going well.

Glad you are feeling better Cobain, had a mid week weigh in and am now 11.7, which is great and hopefully will keep me on track till holidays.

That's brilliant - so you've lost three stone and you're on track for where you want to be for your holiday. Well Done!

Hi Freefall, everything seems to be against me at the moment, my body seems to be fighting against ketosis. Since illness I am starving, have had to up my packs to 4 but I am still starving, that and the heat I am feeling really deflated. Hope you are doing better than me, I am hanging in by my fingertips. Just needed a little rant.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time Cobain, give yourself permission to have that extra pack or a small meal. I find if I allow myself then I do not have the guilt and it is guilt which leads to more eating and more guilt. You have not been well it will take some time to fully recover. Take care of yourself.

Thank you freefall, maybe I do need a little time. I might treat this week as food week but take it a day at a time. You are right about the guilt, for me there seems to be a self harm element. I need to work on this as this diet alone will not cure me of my dreadful relationship with food.

Sounds a good plan cobain, just keep on hanging on in there. I need to work on the relationship with food as well. Not sure on how I am going to do that but I am wasting my time if I do not address it.

Hi Cobain, sorry you're having a tough week - I think you are right you need to step back and steady the boat so to speak before you keep going, get your energy back up and you will remember why you're doing this. I hope things get easier for you.

Hi Freefall - good luck for your weigh-in tomorrow (if it is still tomorrow)

Hope you have a great weekend :)

Thank you Freefall and whimsical your kind words have stopped me eating my body weight in junk food tonight. Off to bed and away from temptation. Tomorrows a new day.

Hope you are felling better today Cobain, take care I will check back for any updates later.

Whimsical weigh in day is today, not sure why as it use to be on a Monday. After mid week weigh in I am down another 1lb so 3 in total and now 11.6.

I am now running again, which three months ago I believed I probably would never run again.

Back