Are we allowed quorn on dukan?

I'm getting bored And want a bit more variety? Plus I was looking at the fat content in quern sausages compared too smoked mackerel I've just had and it's alot lower! I do love quorn too! I can't believe how much fat and how oily the smoked mackerel is!

I have eaten quorn sausages from the very start of my Dukan journey. I eat them every other day for breakfast with my gallettes. Some people will tell you to steer clear but it's ultimately your decision as to what you eat

Thanks for your reply! And well done you for that weight loss. A colleague of mine has been eating chicken frankfurter sausages since day 1 and she succeeded too. I just need variety and no matter how I marinade and what sauces I create I'm getting bored.

I think it's all about experimenting & seeing what works for you.. I've dabbled with the frankfurters although they're not especially dukan-friendly. they could definitely stall some people - I'd just check the carb content. I'm not a great cook but sometimes just a sprinkling of spices can be a nice change!

It's not the fat content of quorn sausages, it's the carb!

When we say to steer clear of something, it's generally when someone's starting out and/or asking for help because they're stalling/losing slowly. These sort of things can of course stall you because of their carb content, but it will depend on the rest of the day's menu too (some tolerated things are carby) so where one person might be fine, another mightn't! I believe quorn sausages are ok as a tolerated.

Good luck and keep an eye on the scales (AND your hunger level - that'll soon tell you if you've slipped out of ketosis!)!

I do use the quorn mince or chunks - I'm giving the sliced meat style pieces at the moment so can't yet say if they are causing any stalling.

plain quornis fine... and you can marinate it and do all sorts of things with it (I'm told... I found it bland and boring whatever I did with it!) but best avoid the pre prepared quorn dishes

Back