Are we eating too little now?

BMR and calorie intake

For what it's worth my opinion is that you should be eating at least your BMR as if you don't eat enough for what your body needs just to maintain it's necessary functions it will go into starvation mode. In this state your metabolism will slow down and you will not burn off calories as efficiently, your body will be trying to hold on to fat deposits as it doesn't know when it will next get enough food to meet it's needs.
Good luck with the weight loss.

Lost almost another 3lb again last week :) Other half did the same. My other half noticed she is getting more curvy now and her confidence in herself has gone up no end which is really great.

This time next year I hope to be of normal size. I would like it to go a bit quicker but what can you do? We're putting £1 for every lb we lose into a savings account so we can't spend it. At the end of it we will both have about £150 to spend on clothes. I'm also putting £10 if we both lose 2lb or more for a week, should help no end when the time comes. I may need some new things now mind, my belt on my current trousers go half way around me just about, now.

How has everyone else been?

Hey there,

I suffer from anxiety and don't go out a lot at all. Maybe 3 times in a month as I'm real bad around people. My other half stays home with me to keep me in line.

Sorry if this has already been said, but have you gone to see a doctor about the anxiety? If you have, and there hasn't been much treatment movement, follow it up? If you haven't, I would really really recommend going to see someone. I know it's a massive scary step, but there is real help out there. It sounds like you have a type of anxiety called agoraphobia (as you probably already know), as a former sufferer of agoraphobia I know how daunting and impossible it all seems, but after therapy my life changed completely. Eventually, as the weight drops off, you will reach a point where it's hard to drop any lower without leaving the house. Beyond this, there is more to life than weightloss and it is yours to grasp. Good luck, and feel free to pm me if you want any advice:)

Sorry if this has already been said, but have you gone to see a doctor about the anxiety? If you have, and there hasn't been much treatment movement, follow it up? If you haven't, I would really really recommend going to see someone. I know it's a massive scary step, but there is real help out there. It sounds like you have a type of anxiety called agoraphobia (as you probably already know), as a former sufferer of agoraphobia I know how daunting and impossible it all seems, but after therapy my life changed completely. Eventually, as the weight drops off, you will reach a point where it's hard to drop any lower without leaving the house. Beyond this, there is more to life than weightloss and it is yours to grasp. Good luck, and feel free to pm me if you want any advice:)

Funny you mention that. I did about a year or so ago but the person I was seeing had to have an operation for reasons they wouldn't disclose. The passed me onto someone else while they were ill and I never saw him.

A few months back I found out he hadn't worked at the clinic for months so I was just "dropped". It was a real kick to the "man region". I don't see the point in seeing anyone now.

Scott

Please do try to get back to seeing someone because as Charll says there is more to life. You also need to show of the new bodies of you and you ON+H.

Well done both of you, 3lb each is fantastic. It is great your OH is finding her curves again and feeling great about herself, as I hope you are to.

I kept meaning to start putting money away but I still have not got around to it. You will have such a great shopping spree once you reach target.

My belt has gone onto a much tighter notch and it is a great feeling isn't it?

Scott

Please do try to get back to seeing someone because as Charll says there is more to life. You also need to show of the new bodies of you and you ON+H.

Well done both of you, 3lb each is fantastic. It is great your OH is finding her curves again and feeling great about herself, as I hope you are to.

I kept meaning to start putting money away but I still have not got around to it. You will have such a great shopping spree once you reach target.

My belt has gone onto a much tighter notch and it is a great feeling isn't it?

I'll try... ON+H?

Scott, you must really see someone about your anxiety. I don't mean to nag (But will anyway), there is soooo much more to life than being cooped up indoors all day, everyday and with your fantastic weight loss, you need to go and show the world how fab you look and how much self esteem and confidence you now have. Pick up the phone and make that appointment - You're worth it.

Good luck
xx

Happy has said it Scott.

I am sure you don't want two women nagging you?

ON+H...... whoops. That was a typo where I must have typed N and instead of doing a backspace I typed +.

It was meant to read OH, your Other Half!

Did wonder what ON+H meant - pleased you cleared it up for me! Thanks.

Scott - Have you given any more thought to seeing someone?

xx

I have and I want to see someone, I'm not sure how to do it. I moved into this area I am now almost 8 months ago and don't have a GP. I can't get out to register and I can't post a registration form so I'm kinda stuck.

I'm kinda getting bad again but I'm masking it up in front of the better half. Don't wanna bother her.

This forum is for weight-loss so I don't want to go on about it. I used to be a member at a different forum for this sort of thing. It's how I met the other half actually... long story that.

In other "news", I was naughty and did a quick scale check this morning and it is showing as I have lost another 3lb. Will see Tuesday morning wont we? :D

wow scott thats fantastic keep going your doing brilliant you should be proud of yourself.

This forum is for weight loss but offers advice on other areas too

Really pleased for you Scott. try not to keep looking at the scales when it's not weigh in day otherwise you can get well, I've already done well, so I don't need to be as good for the rest of the week! Anyway, really pleased for you -keep it up and keep motivated.

As for the other, how about phoning a GP's surgery and explaining the situation, they maybe able to help that way. I know this forum is about weight loss, but we're all here to help in any way that we can, even just for a show of support. If you need to 'chat' or should I sya 'type' you know where we all are.

Keep motivated

xx

Hi Scott

As the others say we are here to support you in whatever way we can.

In this day and age can you not register with a doctor online and if not if you call them surely you can arrange to resgister when you go for the appointment. Yes you are going to have to go out to see the doctor but think about the result you will have when you realise you have arranged to see someone again.

I have no idea what you are going through as it is not something I have expereinced but please I will offer you any support I can. Speak to your partner as I am sure she will also want to help you.

As Happy says, be careful about sneaking on to those scales but well done you are doing really well.

Hi Scott,
How's it going?
Thinking of you.

xx

Weigh-in today. I lost 4lb this week! I'm chuffed. I did nothing differently!

I have some registration forms coming from a local surgery who said I can post them back due to my situation. Hopefully I can get some help soon as I'm getting to my old ways :cry:

Really pleased for you on your amazing weight loss Scott. You should be very chuffed with yourself.

I'm also really happy that you've got some forms for a GP. The sooner you seek some professional advice, the better. You don't want to slip back to your old ways. Your weight loss will help with your confidence as well. And the more you loose, the more confident you'll be and you'll be able to go out and paint the town red (or whatever colour you like!)

Good luck and keep motivated. You are doing really well.

xx

Pink for me too, with a bit of red to spice it up! Sorry Scott for being girly. Having two boys has made me realise I actually like pink as I always seem to dress them in blue!

Glad to hear you can post the forms back. Just make sure you do get them in the post and don't leave them.

Great weight loss. You are doing so well.

Hey Carol and Suzy :) When I met my other half she hated pink! She wouldn't touch or wear it. Gradually I have got her wearing pink though :) I think she looks good in pink.

Blue is my favourite colour so that is why I picked it.

I hope the weight loss for both of you is going just as well.

Back