atkins round two: losing my baby weight

jools1986

Silver Member
Ok, so I'm here once again with a start weight of 18st 3lbs :( however, this time around I have a beautiful baby girl to show for it.

Now this little girl needs a fit, happy healthy mummy so here we go again!

So today is day one and here is my menu

B: 3 eggs and 3 rashers of bacon
L: pepperoni slices (meagre due to falling asleep!)
D: cheese stuffed chicken thighs wrapped in bacon with 200g stir fried veg in olive oil

12g carbs according to my fitness pal

Feeling good so far, downing the water roll on ketosis and being a few weeks in!

Hi Jools

Welcome back and many congrats on your wee girl :)

Menu sounds good, maybe some more greens?

All the best, Susie

Hi Jools, foundyour diary:).
Go for it:D

Thanks!

So the planned menu for today is...

B: mushroom omelette
L: tuna, mayo and rocket salad
D: roast chicken, green beans, cabbage with chorizo and mushrooms

Snacks: sf jelly and cream, pepperoni

As for exercise, a gentle stroll to take bubs to see the boats is about all I can manage until I'm fully recovered from my c section.

I'll report back later

Congrats on the birth of your baby girl, and heres to a successful journey!!!

Ok so the actual menu went like this

B: eggs and bacon
L: none, due to napping and baby duties!
D: debbie and andrews sausages, chorizo, pepperoni, salami, 10 olives, cheese, mixed leaves and cucumber

S: pork crackles, sf jelly and cream and pork bites

Total carbs 16g

Feeling quite sick and low today, hopefully this means ketosis is around the corner :)

Finding it hard to have time to eat a meal with a baby in tow, I have no time to properly cook or weight veggies etc but I'll plod on. Might do a month of shakes somewhere down the line just for a break haha

Planned menu today:
B: bacon and eggs...again :(
L: tuna salad
D: roast chicken and veg
S: porkies, sf jelly and cream

No doubt this will change as its now 12pm and I have yet to make breakfast!

Ok so missed lunch again!

Total carbs coming in at 6g today, no appetite at all and feeling sick and generally low and fed up! Can't wait to weigh in hoping to be in the 17s

Decided my goal is 199lbs for graduation in nov, and I'm currently 255lbs so got my work cut out!

jools1986 said:
Ok so missed lunch again!

Total carbs coming in at 6g today, no appetite at all and feeling sick and generally low and fed up!
!

It's probably just because you're in your first week and getting into K again but maybe worth noting that this happens to me (no appetite, nausea) when I don't eat enough carbs.

Hi Jools, hope you can get into the swing soon. Maybe if you have plenty of cold meats and things that you can just grab and snack on rather than make things - keep going and you will hit your goal:D

So barely managed to have time for food today so my menu looks pretty poor

B: none
L: chicken and chorizo
D: taco salad (only half eaten before it went cold and I had a bottle to make up!)
S: pepperoni and cheese stick, pork scratchings, jelly, babybel and fridge raiders

I know that people say bad things about atkins products but I'm seriously contemptlating shakes and bars so I don't keep missing meals

My partner has given up atkins after 4 days and caved to beer and chocolate, least I managed to resist. He has decided to go for slim fast which is fine by me, less cooking!

Going to go and buy some scales tomorrow, finally unpacked the last box and found my tape measure so I'm going to measure too.

I feel really motivated to shift the 50lbs I gained during pregnancy, I've hung my favourite dress up to remind me of how small I got last time and I hope to wear it to graduation.

Onwards and downwards!

I am so proud of myself, today I cooked a massive cannelloni and carrot cake for my family and I stuck to low carb sausage salad and sf jelly!!

Feeling very victorious and can't wait for my wi, fingers crossed my hard work has paid off

Ok menu for the day

B: daybreak bar
L: omelette, bacon and a sausage
D: bacon burgers, cheese and salad
S: parma ham

Feeling quite sick today too much meat. I have decided to complete 2 weeks on induction and then go back to exante again, my appetite is gone and eating has become a chore as it did last time!

It looks to me like you're not eating nearly enough carbs from vegetables. That will tend to induce nausea & lack of appetite. My days often end up vegetarian or with only 1 meat meal and well in carb range. Cheap, too - cauliflower cheese, courgette noodles, celeriac chips dipped in egg etc.

Yeah I agree, I do usually tend to eat plenty of veg but today was one of those hectic days where I chucked stuff in the george forman and grabbed a bag of salad!

Thanks for the advice :D

Morning Jools... hope you have a good day! x

Planned menu for today
B: daybreak bar
L: deli meats and cheese
D: wrapless fajitas with veg and salad
S: sf jelly, pork scratchings

Was supposed to be weigh in day today but by the time OH comes back with my scales today I would have drunk a gallon of water! So going to weigh tomorrow morning, so excited and nervous

Back