Atkins with one eye on the calories!

Hmmm, never heard of double cream causing a stall, cheese on the other hand. :sigh:

Hello - here's yesterdays scores on the doors:
  • Breakfast: Proscuitto (yummy) and cheese
  • Lunch: Salad and prawns
  • Dinner: Coley with roasted veg
  • Snacks: pepperami, smoked cheese
  • TOTAL: 16g carbs, 1000 cals
Made it to the gym too - feeling virtuous!

Hi darling, good morning to you.

Hello! Such a busy day today, wish I could post more on here! Survived a work lunch - at an italian - by opting for the mozzarella and parma ham salad - tasty! (Ok not as tasty looking as my colleague's pizza, but still!)

I think weight is finally starting to shift off my 'problem area' (i.e. my butt) - yippee! :D

You did really well there Hooya! I think you've earned the right to feel a bit smug.

I got stuck in a meeting over lunch time today and had to sit there and eat nothing while everyone was tucking into the sandwiches, biscuits, cakes and fruit provided, it was awful. There was literally nothing I could have. I just busied myself with my papers and calculator, praying that nobody asked me why I wasn't eating (which they didn't - PHEW!). By the time I got out of there I was STARVING. My notes actually say "I am in hell I am in hell I am in hell I am in hell" at one point.

Well done both of you!

I agree, well done hooya and LM! that must have been so hard. X

Let me say my well done to you both!

hooya glad that weight is shifting :) and didnt cave in to the italian food, I live in carb country, Italy that is. Thank god I'm not a big fan of pasta..

LM you definitely have willpower to sit and watch everyone else stuff their faces with the things you can't have..

Ladies if you can do that anything is possible big hugs:grouphugg:

LOL where is that will power when it comes to a Friday/Saturday night and the voddie bottle starts calling my name?! ;)

But thank you all for your kind words. Yay for us, Hooya!

lol :p LM you can do it on friday/saturday too, have faith just do what you did today at work :D

Yup, yay for us, LM, and to all of us for resisting! Those meeting moments are awful - I once had to sit in a 20-person meeting and pick smoked salmon out of croissants - I just said I had a wheat intolerance!

I was talking to my dad, who is overweight, who said "oh I couldn't do that, I don't have the willpower", and I said I don't think willpower is a quality, it's not something you have or don't have, it's something you choose to exercise or not exercise. I'm just currently choosing to exercise mine!

Didn't count yesterday but I'm pretty sure I was within my limits... feeling a bit hungry on the reduced calories but will see how my weight loss goes this week before deciding how many to limit to next week.

Hooya what you said to your dad was very accurate! I agree with you 100% on that one...

Now that you have said that I must say that I have 2 weeks supply of exante shakes and advillite low carb shakes products for a VLCD which intially I was going to do at the beginning on my road to losing weight but changed my mind an dopted for low carb with eye on calories, Looking at the products and seeing that the carbs are low and that I would stay within my 20 carb induction stage but of course the calories would be much lower, I'm going to try it for 7 days and see how it works and how I feel on it. So I'll be jumping from forum to forum like I do now anyway but wanted to see how I'll do on these shakes and etc.. and even after Ive reached my goal i could use these as a replacement meal when I'm on the go and dont have time for a full meal.. we'll see .. wish me luck... I have the willpower and determination to do..:D

Very well put Hooya, I like that very much.

I feel your pain ladies! We broke up school last week, and I had paid £5 for the end of year bbq. As rain threatened, they turned it into a buffet, and the only thing I could eat was the lettuce for God's sake. Once again nobody noticed!

Same here, every buffet I've ever seen here at work is totally not Atkins friendly, mind you I can't see how they are any diet friendly to be honest.

anna are you serious! you only could eat lettuce. Really I mean we can't make everyone be on a diet or etc.. but at least have some variety....

But I will say the buffets that I've been to when I'm back home in the USA you definitely can find some carb friendly foods..meats and veggies and of course salad..

wow. £5 for lettuce. ouch.

aww laura that's just awful considering you're the one organising it! it just goes to show how society is tailored to the old fashioned way of low fat, low cal high carb WOE..

You might be able to find low carb cocktial sausages, plus you can do canapes using little gem lettuce leaves instead of crackers - Why don't you start a new thread asking for ideas? you can do half and half? it doesn't have to be either all high or low carb. plus, little gem lettuce and a little smoked salmon and cream cheese will appeal to most people? or any other filling!

Back