August Starters **May contain food talk**

Thanks for thinking of me Anna!! :hug99:

I'm still buzzing from my loss.. you know when you get to a point where you don't think you will have such big losses anymore coz they are more typical of early weeks... I was so in that mindset... and I was fine with that... what a pleasant surprise!! I've also just realised that I'm 8lbs away from being half way to my target which is another milestone!!!

By the way, I don't think I said, but I love your new haircut & fringe... it looks gorgeous!! I am off work for 3.5 weeks now (woop woop!!), am gonna have my hair done, cut, coloured, the whole shebang and am going to shop until I drop in the forthcoming sales heheehe I can't wait!! xxxxxxxx

Well done! Excellent loss. :)

I'm determined to keep this thread alive even if there is hardly any of us!

Had my week 15 weigh in last night and shed another 3.5lbs. Hit some big time targets this week. I've now officially broken 6 stone lost and my BMI has dropped below 30. OMG! I'm overweight! :D

Wow Guy, 6 stone in 15 weeks... that is beyond amazing!! Well well well done!!

Hellllllooooooooooooo... anyone there?!!!?!!!

Hey all, (or maybe that shd read 'Hey Guy and Anna'!!)

Well, had my wk17 w.i. today, I STS but was kinda expecting it... partly coz i had a good loss last week but mainly... coz i have been picking at the f word this week... it's like losing 6lbs last week has sent me a bit doo-lally.... I am determined that I am going to get right back on the wagon and stay on... I feel like my head is all over the place... I don't know why?!!

But I need to get it back in line and get on with this... there are a couple of ladies in my group who did v.well in foundation but since then for the past YEAR they have been up and down and basically at the same weight - I DO NOT WANT THAT TO BE ME IN A YEARS' TIME!!!

Will try and get on here more over the following week as I'm off work, and MM always inspires me and helps me to stay on track....

Good luck for your w.i.'s xxx

Hi Sweety. Sorry to hear you STS but as you say, at least you had a great loss last week. You're the master of your own destiny. I know what you mean about others in the group. A couple of the chaps in mine are returners and I have some days where that very prospect frightens the life out of me.

but, we're all different. I trust myself. :)

Hey I started on 13th August!!! :)

Morning all. Another 5lbs for me last night. Single digits to go!

I had a blood pressure check done last night so I think I'm gonna carry on for another 4 weeks in abstinance as it's hassle free. Should hit goal in 2 but it gives me another 2 weeks to build in some contingency. :)

Well done Guy!! I think that's a very sensible plan - plus, if it were me, I'd hate to finish just before xmas and new year - it would be a nightmare... keep it going until 2009 and then you'll be able to start the new year with a new you and a new focus on rtm :)

xx

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA I refuse to let this thread die!

Too much blood, sweat and tears shed in this thread to let it be lost forever. It's making a come back! Sweety, Anna, I;m looking at yous!

Hows the progress going? I had my week 19 weigh in last night and shifted 5lbs. That's 105lbs or 7 and a half stone exactly.

I also picked up my RTM books a week early as I start on the 15th! Eeeek!

Hi Guy - I feel duly reprimanded - but then, I need a good kick up the backside because I've been a nightmare.

Lapse after lapse after bloody lapse. I was back 'on it' for the second half of last week, but then yesterday I contracted this evil nasty cold and all I wanted to do was eat. So I did - not much, but yeah - so, last night I spent most of the evening on the loo - missed my WI because I couldn't leave the bathroom and that was that. Great.

Will have to face the music soon, cos I'll need to pillage more packs out of my LLC. I've just really had enough of all the flavours, the lack of 'chew', the cold weather (probably the key to most of my crappiness/moaniness) etc etc...

So, that's me - not feeling on top of the world, it has to be said. I still REALLY want to reach my goal, but it seems so unlikely all of a sudden - I think I'm going to have to talk to my LLC about starting RTM early. I'm still "overweight" but if I don't bring back food the proper way, i'll be buggered. I can always work on the last stone and a half myself - or do refreshers later on, after RTM...

Sorry to moan - your news was deserving of FAR more excitement and praise... honestly - your weight loss is truly awe inspiring - very proud of you honey :)

Will cheer up - promise... and will call my LLC for a moan/cry for help!

Anna x

Feeel free to moan at me as much as you like. I'm very sorry to hear of your struggles but don't lose sight of the positive. You're still here. Many aren't. Just look at this thread for proof!

I was going to suggest RTM early as an option but have you tried 'cooking' any of your packs? I'm not a fan of the practice in general but 3 things have got me through the last few weeks and christmas without lapsing

1. Blending my chocolate shake with ice, coffee and a sweetener. I was suprised just how frapuccino it is. It's no Starbucks caramel affair but better than nothing......

2. Dipping my Peanut bar it hot coffee until it goes gooey. Lush.

3. Making Thai Chilli and Chicken 'crisps'

They have been a god send and added some much needed variety.

Thanks guys, I'm feeling a bit better now... I wrote myself a letter after I posted that earlier... literally a letter from my 'want to succeed' half to my 'rebellious' half... basically saying how disappointed I was, and how I needed to either get on with it, or get off the programme and stop wasting my time... it was VERY cathartic. I have it with me all the time (even took it into Argos with me earlier... hehe)... so maybe, hopefully, that will kick me back into touch if I feel another lapse coming on.

Oh, and my mum rang me earlier to tell me she's just been to a meeting (sneaky cow!) and has all her packs ready to start tomorrow!! I'm so happy for her. She's not very 'internet' minded, so may not make it onto here; but I've passed on the address.

I have to say - she has been watching my lapses warily, and I now feel added pressure (could be the making or failing I guess) to get back on track and give her some inspiration.

I have my doubts that she will keep it up - she is the queen of moaning and not seeing things through - as much as I love her... I just really hope she does - I know it will make her feel better, and consequently be happier and improve our relationship... but she needs to discover that for herself.

Right, blah blah blah... listen to me...

I got hungry - considered the 'food hotline' (as I call the evil place that delivers - almost daily recently! ARGHH!)... and read my letter and scoffed a toffee bar! PROGRESS! :D

Anna xx

<Pops head around the door>

Hiya!

I hope you're all doing well, I am going to my groups last foundation meeting tonight. My LLC phoned me up and invited me, which I thought was a lovely thought. We started together and we finish together :)

A good opportunity to bring up starting again with her I think. I have been being quite naughty and I'm sure I have put weight on since I finished foundation :(

Yes, I plan on begining again at the end of this month (on pay day would be a huge bonus!). So ........

IM BACK!

Whether you like it or not....I will be back to annoy you all and generally moan and winge about things.

I bet you've really missed me :8855:

xxx

Excellent! the more August starters that come back the better!

Good luck back on the plan. What was the story Polly? Did you just not fancy the RTM plan? I can't remember...

Hi Guy,

Not so much not fancying the RTM - I just thought I knew better and I could lose the remaining weight on my own with healthy eating and exercise. I don't think I realised what an affect Christmas food would have on me.

It's just knocked everything out of balance and I'm struggling to get myself back on track.

The money issue was very much key, but I have decided that this is too important to me to NOT spend the money doing!!

I'm very much determined to get back on this and see it through to completion :D

xxx

Fab Polly - you sound really geared up (which is half the battle as we know)... will you be doing the four week refresher course?
x

I know what you mean about cost. I worked out what I;ve paid so far for the first tiem the other day.

I take heart though cos RTm goes down to £33 a week after the first two weeks (£49). Half the cost of foundation. I know my food bill will go up but, as I'll be eating like a mouse (lol). I doubt it's going to go up considerably.

I will be doing whatever it takes Anna! Will have a chat with LLC tonight and see what she suggests. You are looking great BTW :D

Aaaw Guy - I'm just trying to picture you "eating like a mouse"......cute image :8855:
You've done so well, you must be really pleased with yourself :D

Back