August Starters **May contain food talk**

Well done everyone! There seems to be a real buzz in the August thread of late! I had a pretty good weekend meself. Dedicated some of the christmas shopping time to trying on an XL in every high street shop I can find. They all fitted! I even fitted into a coat in size Large in River Island. I almost fainted. Hard to believe I was a tight xxxl just 3 months ago. :D

Wow Guy - that must have felt incredible - shopping really can provide the feel good moment we all need every now and again, can't it?

Polly - thanks for your comment on my pic - yep, my collarbones are there, and I LOVE THEM!! I am still awaiting ribs and knobbly knees - here's hoping!! Some pointy elbows would be great too :) Hehe xx

Finished up with my Foundation group last night - so i'm officially a Developer now, which I love... although I am only half way there, I am so proud and happy that I got through the fourteen weeks, such an achievement for me!

Also - although I will be in Developers for the same amount of time, it feels like each week is for 'me' rather than because I have to keep going for fourteen weeks - just knowing I 'could' stop if I wanted, gives me the kick up the bum to say - I am doing this for me!! I can do another week if I want... and another... and another... it's great.

Enjoy your Mondays :) xxx

Jeez, we sure know how to kill a thread lol.

Anyway, had my week 13 weigh in last night and lost another 5lbs. that's 5 and a half stone exactly. 23 lbs to go!

Wow Guy!! CONGRATULATIONS!! That is one hell of a weightloss!! WELL DONE!

This thread has become a bit pants, huh? The October and November ones are positively buzzing - I wonder if it's worth cutting our losses and starting a Developers thread as well/instead... might get more people posting on there then!! Is it me? Do I smell a bit like cat wee? I do wonder...

:(

xx

This thread may perk up in August next year - when some new people start :D

I'm having a pants week. It's milk week and I've felt like a balloon all week. Plus I'm just getting really fed up with it all.

Anyhoo, it's weigh in tonight and I am going to discuss the "future" with my LLC. I did think about joining the new LL Lite program, but to be honest I think I'm going to switch to SW and step up the excercise routine. I've just bought a lovely swimming cossie (GULP) and I'm determined to get toned up and fit - as well as slim!

It's not been an easy decision but it's one that I feel is best for me at this moment.

So, I will update you with my fabulous weight loss (hahahaha) after tonights weigh in :D

xx

Oh, and I nearly forgot - well done on the loss Guy :D

And Anna, you don't smell of cat wee :8855:

Hi Polly - don't leave us!! Hehe. What brought on the need for food (which I assume is there as both LLL and SW involve eating...)? Are you simply not enjoying LL, how are you feeling in yourself?

Def let us know how you get on this week at weigh in :)

Anna x x

It's not the NEED for food - as I've gone 13 weeks without any and I'm not dead yet!

I just feel that I need to address food head on - I feel that now is the time to start to learn to govern myself!

I am quite desperate to get into working out, to make it part of my ritual, a habit even. At the moment I am way too knackered to do anything! Milk week seems to have sapped the life out of me, although I have no idea why this has happened. I thought I would enjoy it, but I don't.

I must admit that I have learnt A LOT out of the group sessions - maybe not in the way that I could have done, but mentally I know where I am now and realise the points in my life where things have gone pear shaped. It's something I never thought I'd get out of it - I viewed it as being some psycho babble at the begining!

I am so grateful for Lighterlife and for the support of this forum. I'm not planning on going anywhere just yet!

xx

Well, I stayed the same at weigh in last night...which didn't please me much, but I suppose that it's better than a gain.

My before and after pics were a shock. I have tried to post them on here, but it won't let me. Keeps coming up with everything from wrong size to invalid file format. I gave up in the end!

Just this week to go now and then on to a healthy eating plan and regular exercise. I'm quite looking forward to tackling my eating issues head on......

Hope everyone is well.

hi polly, well done on your weight loss. i was an august starter too. i switched to cd for a few reasons, though have to say i found ll fantastic.
i lost almost 3 1/2 stone with ll didnt get on with cd as well or like you wanted to get back to the real world and knew i would have to take control of my eating habits at some time and wanted to have the energy to exercise.
i've now joined ww and would like to lose another stone but my main aim is to maintain.
just wanted to wish you all the best in whatever you decide and keep posting!!

Bloody hell - I wasn't expecting a good loss this week (it was two days longer than a week due to change in day from Foundation group) but I lost FIVE POUNDS!! I am over the moon!! I must sleep - totally shattered, but just had to spill! Hope you are all (maybe optimistic for this thread - how many of us are there... 3?! Haha) doing well -

Na night xx

Well done Anna - you're blasting through this weight loss malarky!!

WTG! :D

Hi guys. I;m feeling really lucky today as I lost another 5.5lbs last night at my week 14 weigh in. Just 1.5lbs to go before I hit 6 stone lost. I think it was a tad higher than usual cos I got weighed at 7pm instead of 9pm and I'd had half as much water than usual. I reckon it'll even itself out next week. :)

Guy that's fab! Listen to you making excuses for the great loss - LOL - still can't believe it's legit huh? Haha... not surprising with which the speed it's falling off you! :D Go Guy! Go Guy!

And you've only got just over a stone to go before goal - how cool is that!?!

WOOP WOOP! x

Good luck with this week -

Hi Guys, I hope everyone is well :D

I lost another 2lbs last night - which I'm happy with after my little "blip".

Makes my total weight loss in foundation - 4 stone!

LLC has been very supportive about me taking up my own healthy eating plan and has said I am welcome back at anytime. I'm also going for the groups 14 week meeting in January (because I started about 7 weeks before the rest of them) to see how they've all got on!

<sigh> I'm sad to have left but looking forward to the challenge...and going swimming next week for the first time in about 10 years!

xx

Brilliant Polly - 4 stone in Foundation is incredible!! WOW! And you look fantastic!

Good luck with your healthy eating... I am happy your LLC is so supportive. You've still got us - we'll always be here for those ups and downs that every journey has...

All the best and keep us posted :D

((Hugs)) x

Hello my gorgeous fellow August LighterLifers :grouphugg: Sorry I haven't been around much, been extremely busy with work and well everything else really!! Well done on all your losses over the past couple of weeks!!

I had my wk 16 wi today - and lost... 6lbs!! :talk017: woooohooooooooooooo I was in shock!! am soooooo pleased!! and my total loss is now 3st 10lbs - unbelievable!! :D:D:D:D:D

I am soooo glad that I 'discovered' LL and of course, MiniMins. To think that if I hadn't I would be sitting here right now almost 4 stone heavier is a very sobering thought! I am NOT, no WAY, gonna do that to myself again!!

Good luck to everyone, hope it's going great for u xxx

Hey Sweety - weird... I was thinking about you today and was going to raise the alarm asking where you were!! Hehe.

CONGRATULATIONS on your FANTASTIC 6lb loss... incredible the way it just keeps melting off, isn't it??

I too lost 6 lbs in my first week of developers - then 5lbs last week - and had a mid-week weigh in today (I can't make it on Tues night), and have lost 3lbs since Tues, so I'm THRILLED!!! It is such a buzz - I can't get over the way it isn't slowing down... wow wow wow!

Well done again - onwards and downwards, and hope to see more of you on here over the coming week - but I know what it is like... busy busy x x x x

Back