August Starters **May contain food talk**

Well done you lot - you're all doing so well :D

My weigh in is tonight, so I will update tomorrow. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone who has weigh in today ;)

xx

Another 2lb gone!

Woohoo! Well done Rach! :) x How are you finding everything?

Hey hey everyone!

I was just looking over some old posts in this thread, and have just realised that loads of our fellow starters have disappeared!!

Jash, Curliegirlie, LisaLouLou, Jubag, KazD, Nnif, KellyG to name a few!!

Hoping they are all getting on ok!!

Hi august starters,

I am still here and still look at this site when I've the time. Have lost 2 stone 8 pounds in total but this week managed to put on one pound. I really don't know how this happened as I haven't cheated but I suppose these things happen. I started LL with my husband and he has lost 5 stone so far. We are looking forward to eating some real food and thinking of doing at least another month on abstinence before moving on. I feel healthier although tired and am now in size 14 skirts for the first time for 17 years. Nice of you to think of me. Good luck to everyone:giggle:

Jash

Nice to see you again Jash :D

I have lost another 5lbs this week, taking my total loss so far to 3 STONE!! Which I think is pretty good for 9 weeks. Can't tell you how pleased I was last night!

Hope everyone is well and good luck to anyone who has weigh in tonight :p

xx

Woohoo! Jash returned - thanks for popping back and letting us know how you are getting on - we've been abadoned by almost everyone that started in August... the Sept and Oct threads are manic - was it something I said... :(

Polly - that is an incredible loss! You must be over the moon!! I am at 32 lbs - and am in week 10 - so hoping for a couple more on Sunday - but I've been shizer at getting the water down this week - too bloody cold to be gulping anything down apart from hot drinks, and I only have one of those a day, and curl up like a dormouse in front of the heater the rest of the time. Grrrr... hopefully, my new sense of optimism will lighten the load a bit at WI.. I'm off out tonight in some six inch killer heels, so some boogying in those will no doubt burn some cals!

A xx

Hey Jash, lovely to hear from you, and glad you're doing so well!! Keep in touch now and then!!

Polly! Well done!! U have some brill losses girl!! 3 stone in 9 weeks is fab!

I had my week 11 weigh in this morning, another 2lbs off... a bit lower than I had hoped for but i guess 2lbs off is 2lbs off at the end of the day! My total is now 2stone 11lbs in 11 weeks so not bad. I'm now going into my last week of foundation (I only have 12 wks in foundation as I joined the group in week 3) so next Sunday I have to go to a developers' group - eek!! I think it will be ok coz all my group have decided we are all going to the same developers' group so there should be some familiar faces there!! I'm hoping to lose at least 3lbs this week so that I can hit 3 stone in foundation even if though I have two weeks less than others... we shall see!!

Good luck with your w.i.'s everyone!! xxx

WOOHOOOOO!! Just back from weigh in... well, a few hours ago... lost 5LBS!! That is 11 in the last two weeks, putting me at 5 off the 3 stone in Foundation mark! Yey!! Well done everyone else - all going brilliantly! My internet is a bit dodgy at home so going to shoot now. Will be back tomoz! Na night xx

Wowsers well done anna 11lbs in 2weeks is amazing! I'm so hoping 4 a good loss this wk fingers crossed n all! (Soz 4 dodgy writing, am trying 2reply 4rm hubby's blackberry!! Not easy!!)

Thanks Sweety - did a little yelp for joy when my LLC told me my loss. Woop woop!

Getting very sad at the lack of activity on this thread... Polly, Guy, Jash, etc etc... where are you? :(

Anna x

<Raises hand> I'm here :D

Been very busy at work...mostly. Although I do still find time to play the arcade games on the forum. I think I may have a new addiction :p

Thanks Sweety - and good luck with developers....I'm sure you will be just fine though ;)

Well done for the turnaround Anna - it's amazin' what you can acheive when you put your mind to it ;)

It's my weigh in tomorrow night so I will update on Friday. Gonna be a little one this week because I've had a couple of good weeks...time for a drop in loss me thinks!
I have the rest of the week off work now - so might not be around much.

Good luck to everyone who has WI soon :D

xx

Hi all,

Sorry in advance to put a downer on things, but I'm feeling really crap today :( my back has been playing up for the last few days ( I have a couple of prolapsed discs ) , I woke up today with a really bad headache and just haven't been able to quite shift either the backache or the headache despite two lots of painkillers, and I keep thinking about FOOD!!!!!!! I would quite happily kill for a cup of tea (NOT black, but with milk AND sugar!!!) and a few choccie biccies.... I've never felt like this before on the programme, and I'm in week 12 now!! So why am I feeling this way?!! I feel completely lethargic... haven't touched any housework all day... can't really be arsed to think about what to cook for dinner..... it's just sooo not me! I just want to feel normal again! :( :( :(

hey sweety and everyone, i'm in week 13 and feeling the same as you, whats it all about?
been feeling so positive and in control but been finding the last few days tough. for me it might be that i've nearly finished foundation and always kept that as my goal but knowing that i would probably carry on after so even though i'm nearly there in one way i'm not in another, oh well onwards and upwards.
got to say very week black tea with 2 splenda's are finally enjoyable!!
only lost 1lb this week which is pants but its still 40lb in 12 weeks so not going to let it get to me.
i'm really glad i started ll in the summer the winter is much harder to do it in. all those stews and warm meaty meals.....sorry!
xx

Hi all August starters,

I lost 5 pounds this week but had put one pound on last week. Just starting week 13. Is this supposed to be a milk week?
I'm thinking about when to go into RTM. Have another stone to lose if possible and wondering what every one else is doing. I know you can lose some weight in RTM.
Also, although I've lost the weight my skin is very saggy and I need to do lots of exercise and I don't think I can do this of 500 calories a day.
Everyone is doing really well in the August starters and you should all be really proud of yourselves.:giggle:

Hello all!

Feeling much better today, think I will just have to put yesterday down as an off-day!!

Jash, I know everyone has different views on rtm, and I'm not even really thinking about it yet coz I still got a way to go!! But my LLC was saying that iho you should try and hit your target weight while in abstinence and then go into rtm coz it gives u a bit of a safety net to play with, then u can try reintroducing all food groups, find out what your triggers are etc and u wont be overly worried if u put on a lb or two. I know some people lose in rtm but i think u also put on in certain weeks, 1) due to your glycogen stores being replenished, and 2) once you reintroduce carbs / cheese / chocolate etc etc i've heard u can gain in those weeks!!

Anyway, as I said I've still got some time to go so am not really thinking about rtm yet, but just thought I would throw in my tuppence worth! :D

hey sweety and everyone, i'm in week 13 and feeling the same as you, whats it all about?

only lost 1lb this week which is pants but its still 40lb in 12 weeks so not going to let it get to me.
i'm really glad i started ll in the summer the winter is much harder to do it in. all those stews and warm meaty meals.....sorry!
xx

Hey Babs, really hope you are feeling better today... I think we will just have to put it down to experience and move onwards and upwards (or rather downwards...!)

Have just realised that your weight loss is almost identical to mine, I have lost 39lbs in 11 weeks, wish it was more but at the same time I can't really complain!!

Lol at the stews and meaty meals - it's soo true!! Are you constantly cold? coz I am!! and I'm finding it much harder to get the water down in the cold weather too... but just have to deal with it I guess!! I am cooking a kind of stew for hubby and daughter, it's a Pakistani recipe and it has meat and various diff lentils in it, it smells sooooo good!! I'm just breeaaathing it in while it's on the stove LOL!!

Hi gang. I'm just checking in. Missed my weigh in last week as I was away with work. All looking good though. I'm trying to hit 5 stone lost by my week 12 weigh in (19th November) for a night out with ex work mates. Looks like I'm on track according to my scales. I'm almost 16 stone something which I haven't been for about 10 years!

I'll be glad to get into a routine as I've only been able to make it to my weigh in once in the last 4 weeks.

Back