August starters!

Snoop704 said:
Well had WI and couldn't believe it 15 and a half pounds lost. The best thing because of the weather here today I had to put tights on this morning and didn't struggle as much. Looking forward to the next stone.

Wow -15lbs loss fantastic snoop well done to you,what a brill start!
Sexy xx

Wow 15lb thats great Snoop. I joined a class yesterday and started my packs today, so far so good! water is going down well too.

Can't wait for that dreaded lumpy stuff to begin to melt away.

Wishing us all the best for a great start on our battle of the bulge x

Well had WI and couldn't believe it 15 and a half pounds lost. The best thing because of the weather here today I had to put tights on this morning and didn't struggle as much. Looking forward to the next stone.

Fab weight loss Snoop, you must be so pleased.

I started the packs on Tuesday so day 3 for me, feeling a little low in energy today so glad I am not working.

Finding food packs ok but am feeling a little hard done by also, sadly I have had to do food shopping which was not that easy but I shall not fail...:sigh:

I started on August 2nd and had my first WI last Monday - lost 7.2lbs in the first week. It was a little less than I'd hoped (two other ladies who started the week before me lost 10 & 12lbs respectively) but I was delighted none the less - fit into clothes that I haven't in quite some time!

Following a few other August starters from across the country on Twitter. We're helping support each other through our first few weeks. :)

That's a fab weight loss, don't be disappointed, just enjoy the getting back into clothes in the knowledge they will be too big soon ;)

I'm already back in a pair of jeans that had become blastedly uncomfortable - now they're falling off me already. Whoopee! :D

When's your weigh in, loopy?

I'm already back in a pair of jeans that had become blastedly uncomfortable - now they're falling off me already. Whoopee! :D

When's your weigh in, loopy?

Yay that's brill! I too am all comfy in jeans that did not fit last week-such a good feeling!

Sadly my LL group only opens Mon/Tues evenings and I have been put on shift on a late on both of those so wont be able to make weigh in, will have to send my eldest daughter to go collect the next weeks packs for me, bit disappointed but it is
what it is.

However I have had a cheeky step on bathroom scales which indicate around 9lb lost so chuffed to bits, can not wait till next weigh in though.

Hope your doing well? xx Lorna

Been to 2 week WI and it's 4lbs off that's 19 and a half in 2 weeks I am DELIGHTED. Wearing trousers at Christmas and feeling comfortable might be achievable Woo Hoo...... So happy

Brilliant Snoop!!! You'll need to get yourself a ticker ;)

6lbs off tonight for a 13.2lb total. :D Couldn't be more chuffed! :D

Last edited:
Lost 4 last night so that's 11 in total. I feel really pleased with this, I feel so much better, my clothes are less tight, my face suddenly has bone structure, and all just within 2 weeks!
Am trying to take more exercise, wanting to extend my routine beyond the barely-there 30 minutes cardio I do at the moment. And do a lot more walking.
Hope everyone else is settled into the groove, here's to good losses for all!

Hi all I started august 18th so am only on day two... Feeling quite headachy and sicky but reading all your successes is keeping me positive so thankyou and congrats to you all! Roll on my first weigh in! X

Welcome to the team, lot2lose! The first week can be tough, but drink plenty of water and power through those rough patches and you'll feel a lot better come week 2!

Let us know how you do on your WI!

Hi all - I started today. Porridge ok, but a bit runny. Vanilla and chocolate during the day, ok. Shep pie this evening - uneatable! Couldn't bear the smell to start with but did try to eat it - couldn't manage it. Absolutely disgusting. I've had a peanut bar instead and that's nice. First thing I've had all day that I can say that about. Now I'm panicking. How will I do this if I can't bear the taste of the food? Help!

Hi all - I started today. Porridge ok, but a bit runny. Vanilla and chocolate during the day, ok. Shep pie this evening - uneatable! Couldn't bear the smell to start with but did try to eat it - couldn't manage it. Absolutely disgusting. I've had a peanut bar instead and that's nice. First thing I've had all day that I can say that about. Now I'm panicking. How will I do this if I can't bear the taste of the food? Help!

I am on week 2 here are my faves so far.

Vanilla shake made in large mug of hot water with a spoon of coffee in, better if you blend as goes all frothy and is very filling.

Porridge = whisk it after its been in microwave to get smoother - need to measure water else it is too runny!

Chocolate, made with hot water.

Found having these ok, also the soups are good.

Keep at it you get used to it in a few days.

Now into week 2 - day 10.

Have lost a stone in these 2 weeks, although this is by my scales as could not make weigh in on Monday but firm numbers will come this Monday.

Wearing loads of clothes that I could not get into 2 weeks back, face and bun much smaller!

Brilliant plan to follow, no hunger at all!

Hope everyone is well xxx

Back