B210K

Well done Biggysmalls!!! How did u find it?

Overall, loved it! Some days I am tireder than others and some parts seem hard, but generally, I love running now and I NEVER thought I'd see the day when I would say that! Like SW, exercise and life in general, I couldn't do a lot of it without the support I get on here! x

Can't wait to join you guys with this... only 7 more runs to go!!!!

I agree 100% with you biggysmalls. It all just seems like a way of life now!!! What a difference a year makes :D

Biggysmalls - I totally agree, mimimins is a fab place!!

Sweet: 7 runs, that's great. You'll be finished in no time! :) Hope your enjoying it :)

Hi, I'm just finishing C25K how long should I wait before starting B210K? I can't decide whether to try and build up speed on 5K or move on to 10K.

H75, well done on the C25K!! When I completed C25K, I carried on for a few weeks after to build my speed up. I also set myself a target of completing under 30 mins. Once I achieved that I started B210k. I am still going to do a 5k run every few weeks to continue to improve my speed.
But it's how you feel that matters. B210k is certainly a challenge, but a great feeling once you finish the run. Good luck whichever way you go :)

I think I may go that route, I'd like to be able to do the 5k in 30 mins but I also want to be able to run for longer periods to increase stamina! Think I'll give it a month or so then move on. Thanks for the advice! ?

What I'm hoping to do is to do B210k 2-3 times a week time depending & do a 5k run once a week to keep working on my speed too.

I never thought of that, I do want to work on my speed but I'm more bothered about building stamina to run for longer. I may just try it!

Well done Biggysmalls!!! How did u find it?

Well done! x :D

Well I've bitten the bullet and started B210k!:cool: On the treadie - super slow (my excuse being that I had a headache and the gym was like a sauna!) and did 6.55k in 43.33 mins which is about 10.5 minute miles I think. But check my weight thingie - my BMI has finally gone into normal range!:bliss:I think it might have been the long run I did with the running club on Thurs, cos my diet has been crap!

Anyhow - glad to be finally with you girls - I will also try and bring my 5k down by doing a short, fast run every now and then (can't believe I'm calling a 5k a short, fast run!) and will work v. slowly towards the 10k goal. Now I need to find a race to aim for - I'm thinking some time in September.

Well done! Isn't it a great feeling to think going for a 5k run is just a quick, short one?!! x :D

Well I did week 1, day 3. Boy it is not easy!! I struggled again, I think it's to do with running, then walking, then running again. If I ran for 40 mins straight I would probably cope much better! Well I would like to think so :)

Well done! I'm glad it wasn't just me!! I had the same issue. I'll be interested to see what you make of week 2. When's your next run? x :D

Hi, I'm just finishing C25K how long should I wait before starting B210K? I can't decide whether to try and build up speed on 5K or move on to 10K.

I started it straight away but a few people have done a few extra 5k runs to build up their speed. It's just a matter of your own preference I think. Good luck & hope to see you joining us soon. x :D

Doing my first week 2 run 2moro!!! Fingers crossed!! :)

Not a B210k run but I think of this as my "training thread"! Didn't have a lot of time so went for a "speed" 5K and beat my PB by a stunning 16 seconds!! I'm now at 31.15 so I WILL get below 30 hopefully in the next few weeks. In the meantime it's back out with the running club on Thursday and hopefully my second "proper" B210k run over the weekend. I think I will prob stretch the weeks out a bit and take it nice and slowly, combining it with other kinds of running.

Not a B210k run but I think of this as my "training thread"! Didn't have a lot of time so went for a "speed" 5K and beat my PB by a stunning 16 seconds!! I'm now at 31.15 so I WILL get below 30 hopefully in the next few weeks. In the meantime it's back out with the running club on Thursday and hopefully my second "proper" B210k run over the weekend. I think I will prob stretch the weeks out a bit and take it nice and slowly, combining it with other kinds of running.

Well done, that's great! x :D

Well I did W4D1 last night, managed to avoid the rain too which is a good thing as it absolutely chucked it down as I got back in & as it was nice & sunny when I went out I only had a t-shirt on!! x :)

That was a lucky escape Jools. I got caught out last week & when I arrived home I was soaked right through!!! :eek: Hubby thought it was funny & said I should have ran faster!!! cheeky sod :rolleyes:

That was a lucky escape Jools. I got caught out last week & when I arrived home I was soaked right through!!! :eek: Hubby thought it was funny & said I should have ran faster!!! cheeky sod :rolleyes:

Bless him!!! :rolleyes: Hope you dripped all over him! ;)

Don't think I'll be so lucky tonight so we'll see if it improves my times! x :D

I should have!!!!

Good luck with your run tonight & hope the rain stays away til you get back!!! How are you finding the plan so far??

Have just done a 30 min run around a beautiful lake. Was so nice to do a full run again. Didn't want to overdo it as hoping to run again 2moro

Attachments

• image-17687122.jpg
    image-17687122.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 35
Shazzabir said:
Have just done a 30 min run around a beautiful lake. Was so nice to do a full run again. Didn't want to overdo it as hoping to run again 2moro

You're so lucky to have such a lovely place to run!

The lake is only for this w/e. Normally I have to run around an industrial estate!!

Back