B210K

Quick question, I'm on week 5 now of C25k, it's been going well! I certainly haven't been feeling tired, sometimes a bit bored but not tired. I have noticed my weightloss has stayed the same frequently in the past few weeks as my jogging is increasing . I have also noticed that after my mid week sneak peak weighin I have normally lost a pound or more from my weigh in day, but then gain it back by the weekend. I think I get really excited about the the numbers so I eat less on Tuesdays and Fridays to ensure a good weigh in Saturday. I have my final run on Fridays and swim on Thursday. Is it possible within these 2 days for my body to go into starvation mode? I have noticed I'm just not eating all my RMR's 1400 calories on workout days.. Is this really why I am STS ???

Welcome aboard Pinkie. Hope your first run goes well x

All done. Quite enjoyed it actually, though it seemed hard at first, it got easier for the last two runs. I took my 8 year old with me, who was doing little kicks with his legs every so often, like the Artful Dodger and Fagin at the end of Oliver. Talk about rub it in. Apparently his legs are aching now though - ha!

That's great Pinkie, well done :)

Okay, now I'm probably being really thick but I've been looking at the plan and it doesn't say how many times a week to do it?

Also, how do you know you've been running for 10 minutes and walking for 1 minute without keep looking at your watch?

Right girls, I'm biting the bullet and joining you. My 5k was nowhere near 30 mins, but sod it. I may never get there. But I really fancy going for the endurance if only to enjoy the training aspect of it.

First run is tomorrow.

That's totally what I did Pinkie! Well done on your first run and v. impressed by your 8 year-old! Mine thinks he's so fit but hasn't lasted for a single run.

B210K W2R1 - Treadmill run = 3 x 15mins with 1min walk in between. Most on 1 gradient but then went down to zero by the end. A good way of keeping going when the will had gone! Did a few "sprints" but most at 9 and then 9.5 when gradient lower. Actually could kind of keep going all the way but just got soooo tired by the end. Also stopped sweating so may have got a bit dehydrated despite swigs of water...... It was 4.4 miles in 46 mins.

I'm actually doing it only one run per week so far because I also do a 5k "speed"(lol!) run and a looong run with the running club.

Well done Sunshine & Pinkie!!
I am struggling again, did week 2 day 1 this morning. My legs are really feeling it!! I hope it gets a little easier :)

Hope you all dont mind me joining this thread. Im new here, but Im starting my own running program would just like to stalk for tips etc x

W4D2 - done :checkmark green:, W4D3 - done :checkmark green:, W5D1 - done :checkmark green:, W5D2 - done :checkmark green:

Hi everyone & welcome to all the newbies. :D

So near the end now but think I've just gone & got myself a sports related injury!!! OMG! Who would have thought it eh?!! lol

Feeling a little pain today in my left achilles tendon. Looked it up online (not always a good idea I know! :rolleyes:) and it appears to happen when you run too far/too fast too soon. I'm really not sure how that can be since the W5 runs are shorter than the previous weeks!!!!

Anyway may not be finishing the plan as soon as I'd thought as I should probably rest up for a day or so.

I'll let you know how I get on. x x :)

Oops Jools, hope it doesn't prove to be too serious. :-(

Week 2, day 1 done. It wasn't too bad as it goes

Thanks, so do I!! :(

Well done. Hope you're enjoying it. x :)

Oh no Jools!! Resting is a good idea I think. It's best to be out for a couple of days rather than try and push it and be out for a couple of weeks or months!!!

I've done W1D1 and hopefully will do D2 tomorrow. Really enjoyed it but found the last five minutes of the last ten minutes a bit tiring. Think I will use the app rather than Nike + as it makes knowing when to switch easier.

Good luck everyone :)

Oh no Jools!!! That it so unfair, you were doing so well! Try and rest it the best you can, running may make it a lot worse. :-(

Oh no Jools!! Resting is a good idea I think. It's best to be out for a couple of days rather than try and push it and be out for a couple of weeks or months!!!

I've done W1D1 and hopefully will do D2 tomorrow. Really enjoyed it but found the last five minutes of the last ten minutes a bit tiring. Think I will use the app rather than Nike + as it makes knowing when to switch easier.

Good luck everyone :)

Thanks, I will. Don't want to be out of action for our 8k do I?

Good luck tomorrow. I struggled with W1 so don't worry, it does get easier. x :)

Oh no Jools!!! That it so unfair, you were doing so well! Try and rest it the best you can, running may make it a lot worse. :-(

Thanks. I know, it's so frustrating. I know W4 was running with 1min walking intervals but the total running time was 54mins so I'm not sure how I've injured myself dropping to 2 x 22min runs (Saturday) & 2 x 25min runs (yesterday). Doesn't really make sense to me. It's a bit less painful this evening though so I don't think I've done too much damage.

When's your next run? x :)

Hi Jools, it's nice to know I'm not really invisible!!

Glad you're pain is not as bad this evening. I wonder if you have gone a bit faster because the running bit has been a bit less? xx

Your doing so well Jools. :)
I'm finding this program quite difficult still. I did wk2, day 2 this morning. It took all my effort to finish though. When did it get easier for you?
I am still doing a 30 min run most weeks, could this be effecting this program? I am getting a little downhearted. I certainly didn't struggle like this with C25K. I am concerned I won't be able to progress to the next level.

Back