Back on the road to the magic slimdom - Roosters Road trip

Weekly weigh in

Back in Ketosis..

Shhhh don't laugh.. but I even tested for ketones in the middle of the night. . . I don't know why, just suddenly had the urge.. got caught out by OH though.. snuck back into bed and old hawk ears had heard me unscrewing the lid. hehe :eek:

Well 4lbs of this week which I am rather suprised about.. but I guess the few days of not eating made up for the days of eating.

Right I'm going to try and mold my chocolate cd bar into the shape of an egg in preperation for tomorrow.. :p

Yes I agree, it's all fear of repercusions I think. We didn't inform the police but it was something OH was considering. My Dad is actually looking into legal proceedings at the moment, it's all been swept out of my hands really and I'm happy with that to be honest. I don't think I could cope with the stress with it as I'm still getting up several times a night to make sure Evie is still Breathing!! :eek: she's totally fine now, although all the attention has gone to her head and she's turned into a bit of a madam. :eek: :rolleyes:

Well done OH,well done your father.& well done you-just concentrate on looking after Evie & getting back on track
Back in Ketosis..

Shhhh don't laugh.. but I even tested for ketones in the middle of the night. . . I don't know why, just suddenly had the urge.. got caught out by OH though.. snuck back into bed and old hawk ears had heard me unscrewing the lid. hehe :eek:

have been known to do the same me-self.Esp on the few nights I've deviated.amazing how much better you sleep whenit goes pink.Earplugs might help?
Actually I like your husband

Well 4lbs of this week which I am rather suprised about.. but I guess the few days of not eating made up for the days of eating.

Right I'm going to try and mold my chocolate cd bar into the shape of an egg in preperation for tomorrow.. :p
I've never had any of th bars-not felt confident enough I guess.Do they really taste like chocolate?

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Classic, please do post a piccie!!

Yes please & include a pic of the state of your fingers too!

Yes please & include a pic of the state of your fingers too!

I can officialy say that, it didn't work AND I don't like chocolate cambridge bars. :eek: :jelous:

Welll.. I can't even remember what diet week I'm on!! I think it's 11 or 12 but I can't be sure.

No weigh in this week as CDC is away. I'm glad though because I've been eating again! :break_diet:

WHATS WRONG WITH ME!!!??

ahh, well.. I'm a little disapointed in myself, I must confess. Luckily I haven't put any weight on according to my mums scales but at the same time I haven't lost any either. I seem to be able to SS without any problems or worries all week, and it's the weekend that does it for me.

We had a BBQ on Saturday, which was lovely.. what glorious weather! I ate mostly protein and salad as when i do cheat, I always do 'safe' cheats. (no excuse though, I know). I'm afraid rather a substantial amount of Vodka and Coke zero was consumed too (although I would like to say that since I eat (when I eat) SO much less than I ever used too, a small amount of Vodka makes me very drunk therefore not *that* much is consumed, it just feels like it the next morning). So Sunday I woke with a terrible hangover, the only cure.. FOOOD.. this time a small steak, some mushrooms and some peas. :eek: Then as the last of the weekends sun started to fall over the yard arm, the last bottle of beers from the Sat bbq got drunk (only 1 for me) all I can say is 'oops'.

I think my problem is that I don't feel totally ashamed of the way I look anymore, that used to help me keep focused. I fit into my pre baby size 16 jeans now, and can wear a lot of my old pretty tops. I'm also building up more and more stamina on the excersise bike and am now cycling more than 100km a week :eek: I just 'feel' so much better, and I know that thats why I let myself eat!!

The truth of the matter is though, I'm not a healthy weight yet, and 11 1/2 stone is a realistic target that I could get to if I started to become more focused!! If I feel this good now, I can only dream about how good it would feel to finaly reach that goal!

Another problem is I'm starting to go 'off' the bars, I sat down with a malt toffee flavor the other day and the action of putting it in my mouth, chewing and tasting nearly made me sick. I just couldn't eat it, the same with chocolate and caramel (I have a small baggy in the fridge full of half eaten CD bars) - I do however still love cranberry so hopefully my CDC will have some on Saturday.

Oh well.. I've decided to cash in my 'you can have your hair cut when you've lost 3 stone voucher' and book an appointment this week.. and I'm thinking drastic change, I've had long blonde hair all my life and I want something new.

Oh heck

After 2 days of ssing realy well I had a HUGE shouting match with my brother (GRRRRRRRRRRRR) and sucombed to the red wine. Which then led to a few nibblies.

I am extreemly angry with my brother, and have been for the past few weeks and a combination of TOTM and the final straw of pathetic behaviour by him I threw him out my house with a few choice words. Yes, stood on my doorstop, screeching like a fishwife telling him exactly what I thought of him.. His new girlfriend was there too so felt slightly bad for her :eek: and my mum (they all left together) I think my mum was secretly pleased as she has had to put up with much more than I have and gave me a big kiss when she left :eek: .

Well OH arrived shortly after and was his usualy clumsily caring self and then started mooching round the kitchen wondering where his dinner was :eek: i'd completely forgotton to cook it!! So we made Evie and his dinner together.

it transpired that we had run out of Evie milk so OH nipped to asda and thats when I placed my order for wine, it put oh in a bit of a dilema he said because he wanted to support my diet, but didn't want to not get it! in the end I told him not to mess with a woman during her TOTM and he toddled off to the shop.

we've agreed (OH seems to have turned into my CDC) that I will go for a good long ride tonight on bike and do lots of walking today to repair damage.

I've also joined in on a 7 day challenge to see if I can get myself back on track!!

I can officialy say that, it didn't work AND I don't like chocolate cambridge bars. :eek: :jelous:

Ah,but it was worth the effort to experiment.Just think you could have started a new school of art.

Welll.. I can't even remember what diet week I'm on!! I think it's 11 or 12 but I can't be sure.

No weigh in this week as CDC is away. I'm glad though because I've been eating again! :break_diet:

WHATS WRONG WITH ME!!!??

J --PoorRoosters,nothings wrong with you .You 've had an unsettling time & lost your rock solid impetus-plus as you say below you no longer feel ashamd of your self because size 16 is ok.(not ideal but an ok liveable weight.ME- I still gaze longingly at 16 with binoulars,esp my lower half)

ahh, well.. I'm a little disapointed in myself, I must confess. Luckily I haven't put any weight on according to my mums scales but at the same time I haven't lost any either. I seem to be able to SS without any problems or worries all week, and it's the weekend that does it for me.

I think my problem is that I don't feel totally ashamed of the way I look anymore, that used to help me keep focused. I fit into my pre baby size 16 jeans now, and can wear a lot of my old pretty tops. I'm also building up more and more stamina on the excersise bike and am now cycling more than 100km a week :eek: I just 'feel' so much better, and I know that thats why I let myself eat!!

The truth of the matter is though, I'm not a healthy weight yet, and 11 1/2 stone is a realistic target that I could get to if I started to become more focused!! If I feel this good now, I can only dream about how good it would feel to finaly reach that goal!

Another problem is I'm starting to go 'off' the bars,

J Shakes????

Oh well.. I've decided to cash in my 'you can have your hair cut when you've lost 3 stone voucher' and book an appointment this week.. and I'm thinking drastic change, I've had long blonde hair all my life and I want something new.

J-Sounds good to me.New hair,new start on diet.
After 2 days of ssing realy well I had a HUGE shouting match with my brother (GRRRRRRRRRRRR) and sucombed to the red wine. Which then led to a few nibblies.

I've also joined in on a 7 day challenge to see if I can get myself back on track!!

Well done -hope the challenge goes well.If you can get say 2 weeks error free under you belt it should get easier again.

Can you try turning the anger you have at your brother into determination to succeed at your diet? (OOH listen to her-hope this doesn't sound toodaft)

good luck

J-Sounds good to me.New hair,new start on diet.

Well done -hope the challenge goes well.If you can get say 2 weeks error free under you belt it should get easier again.

Can you try turning the anger you have at your brother into determination to succeed at your diet? (OOH listen to her-hope this doesn't sound toodaft)

good luck

Thanks Jane for your wise words! it doesn't sound daft and if my head was in charge I would do that!

I've been back on track now for 2 days and already starting to feel a bit of the old ssing confidence creeping back. I'm quite nervous about my weigh in tomorrow.. :rolleyes: What if I've put on weight?!? I don't think so but I don't want that confidence knocking. it would be lovely to be able to knock my ticker forward a bit after the 2 week stand still.-

I've not kept up the excersis as much this week.. :eek: but will recomence that tonight with a nice long ride.

I wouldn't mind too much about the bike (unless you feel you need to to let off steam) as the period getting into ketosis can be the rough bit.
well done so far,& if you haven't lost this week(which I'm sure you have) just think how much will have come off by next wek!:D :cool:

An argument with Oh tonight.. I don;t seem to do anything but battle with folks.. and meself.. the not eating thing is ever a struggle.. (still ssing)

My OH was brought up organically, no telly, no doctors etc etc.. he's a very healthy chap and still sticks with the no doctors thingy.. but the MMR letter for DD is burning a hole in the in tray and she's nearly 17 months now, i want her to have it.. he doesn't.. I feel like he's perhaps denying her the possible safty from these childhood problems.. he thinks I could make them worse. I want him to have his say, but honestly, I want my way on this. It;s an on going argument.. I love my oh so much.. but at times when we can't see eye to eye about Evie, it terrifies me.

Gosh a hard one, if it was me I would take her and not tell old hubby....I always made sure my boys had all protection going.....! Its much better than your kids getting these illnesses and being really ill. Measles has made a bit of a come back since the uproar and parents refusing them.
But a few children have died from it and I personally think this outweighs the argument.

You must see if you can talk hubby round.....! Its nice that he wants to be organic but if needs must ...!

How is little one now is she over the incident ?

Dear Roosters, last night i spent ages writing what I hoped was a considered & helpful reply to your dilemma,then my internet cut out & I lost it:cry: .

so as best as I can remember here is a summery.

I think your OH's principles are great, but life has changed since we were children. eg I spent all day out with a gang on my bike & parents hadn't a clue where I was.Also had free access to london buses & tube.Only a loony would let 8-14 yr olds do this now.

Does OH accept the following:
1. link between MMR & autism or whatever was a red herring from the start.
2.Measles is a v dangerous illness,with a significant mortality rate.
3.As the percentage of un-vaccinated kids falls the risks to them rises v v steeply.Conversly,if everyone else was innoculated you could safely hide under the cover offered by the rest of the populaton a there wouldn't be a pool of infection around to come into contact with.Since the scare this no loger applies.
4Sadly those most at risk of measles complications are the younger children/infants.
5. mumps is no joke either if your a boy.Is he aware of the serious effects on fertility of orchitis (inflammation of the testes) which is a part of mumps.Sterility is not uncommon.
6. the rubella jab,in out generation was given to teenage girls.this was a] to give them the highest possible immunity when they needed it =child bearing.The sole reasonfor immunising vs german-measles is to prevent the devastating damage to the foetus of catching it during pregnancy.the boys were left un-immunised in order to keep infection rates in the commnity high so ,in theoryy girls were re-exposed to it & their immunity levels boosted.Ths is because the immunity the jab gives is not life-long.Now it is all lumped into the one jab for expediency.
6. has he allowed Evie to have her DPT & Hib from birth?

Please try & bring him round,a reluctant agreement is all you'll need ,as once it's done it can be forgotten.

Medical forecasts are that the small but none-the-less horrid local outbreaks of measles occuring over the last few years (as a direct consequence of the lowering of vaccination rates) will escalate over the next few years into serious regional /nationwide epidemics.

If this doesn't help to convince him perhaps
1.find websites with measles victims & their stories
2.get GP to try a bit of gentle emotional blackmail-er sorry I meant to write pursuasion.

Finally_--I fully sympathise with Sonkie & might well be tempted to do the same if it were me.BUT deception & dishonesty can poison the trust that is central to relationships.Also on a practical level ..this jab ca be done secretly without problem,but by th time she has er 2nd she'll be quite old enough to tell daddy that 'she got a sticker at the doctors foe being brave' or similar.

Good luck,report back & if all else fails send him on here to talk to me!!!!!!!
I love germs.I don't do domestic hygeine & won't have anti-bacterial cleaners n the house.the children havetheir dogs on/in their beds at night & & I don't wash my veg before eating(thuogh I probably should for the chemical residues--that is until my home-grown comes on line.
never the less I've seen the misery & life-long self blame in parents of damaged kids & have no wish to see any more.

Ps there is even the possibility of polio returning apparantly.if uptake of immunisation falls low enough.

PM me if you want.

love & hugs--& a gentle nudge to OH to try & reconsider.It won't mean dropping his ideals,merely making a small practical compromise to secure the health of his daughter at no oter costto him self.

Ps I've gone long,pompous & opinionated again -so at least I'm showing consistancy.

Thank you Sonkie and Jane for your replies..

I must admit Sonkie I had considered taking her and not telling him, but I don't think I could've looked him in the eye again! And she is fine thank you.. back to her usualy bouncy happy self.

Jane you are wonderful as ever, OH read through your post and has agreed to let her have the Injections - He is going to have a consultation with a homeopath (I'm not sure that's the correct term and he's not here to ask) but he wants to find some 'thing' or other that she can take to counter act the effects of the Injections (not the immunisation part, to be honest I think he's nuts but he's my nut).

Now this sounds terrible, but I've agreed to his terms but I know that whenever he brings back whatever it is I'll simplly refuse to let her have it. :eek: He will probably expect me to refuse but I think it lets him make his point and men are very complicated creatures.

(we actually have a cupboard full of strange unlabled little white pills brought by OH's sister for Evie for one thing or another, the latest was to help to get the poisen out of her body, needless to say it was put in the back of the cupboard and forgotton about)

So all is well again in the house of Rooster, I'd only lost 3lbs on Saturday.. thats 3lbs in 2 weeks though so I'm slightly disapointed. However, I had eaten so it should've been expected realy! OH bought me some more size 16 jeans on Saturday after CDC told him off for letting me wear 'falling down jeans' Good old Asda £8 jeans, not the prettiest, but will keep me going for a few weeks!

We also had some good fortune on Saturday, I've started scouring Freecycle for some garden toys for Evie and someone had advertised a Wooden hand made playhouse. (if you're not familiar with freecycle, people advertise there belongings that are still in good order, but they want to go to new homes for free, you have to be very quick though, most things are snapped up fast!) so I e-mailed, and was the first to reply! so after going to have a look, OH collected it yesterday! it is wonderful, very well made, water proof inside and huge! Thankfully OH is a man of wood so he's going to start rebuilding it in our garden tonight and later today I'm going to choose some new paint.. I'm thinking brick red! I'll take a picture and post it on here as soon as it's finished.

I just want to say thank you again for your support Jane, you're such a lovely lady!! your kiddies and OH are very lucky to have you.. thank you thank you thank you for the MMR advice.. xxxx:) it's a huge weight off my mind, all I need worry about now is drinking lots of water and drinking shakes. back to a week of ssing!

Great news.....so pleased Janes post brought him round. :D

It just goes to show how bad my relationship with hubby has got ....lol. I would have gone behind his back. :p

At least you have a strong relationship and can communicate, you are so lucky....! :)

not at all sonkie..it would have been a thought in anyones head.

Dear Roosters,so glad i could help.

Dear Mr Roosters,it's a big thing to compromise ones principles, I hope you are suitably proud of your self for this.
Ps tell her not to worry about any homeopatic stuff for jab-side effects.Oh silly me -you've already told her that one.

My memory is that they tend just to be pleasanlty slightly sleepy the evenig after.I think there can be a slight fever,occasionally,but I may also be wong.My tribe just call for the calpol bottle & they seem to improve as soon as the magic pink brew is in the spoon.

:)eek: placebo effect or what:giggle: )

Give him & Evie big hugs:grouphugg:

Weigh IN!!

:D I'm shocked at this because I've become a little bit of a 'picker' but I've lost 6lbs this week!!

So I'm now under 200lbs!! yay, I'm so pleased. :)

I'm now the proud owner of a pair of per una size 16 jeans that fit perfectly!! I'm also the proud owner of a size 14 dorethy perkins top that fits perfectly.. I'm a proud owner of a new hair cut! (it's quite short for me too :eek: ) and highlights.

(I'm at this moment insisting that OH looks after Baby so I can type this because I never seem to get chance to come on here anymore!)

I've decided to take some pictures of myself on my birthday night out next thursday and post them as my before and afters. I know that I still have some more to lose but blimey I've changed so much!! and I'm now blowing my own trumpet and beleive me it's making me cringe doing it, I never realy talk so positivly about myself, but I am going to, I worked realy hard! I'm PRETTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

And it's official, My OH has declared me a 'Yummy Mummy'!! :)

YES!!!!!.
Not only all of those things but also what someone on here would call a gnats-doo-dahs off being merely overweight!!!!!!!!

Please take the pics...you were pretty pretty on your avatar so looking foreward to added glamour on the new ones.

Sounds like good old H is enjoying the new you too.!!!!!!!

Weigh in

Well.. the good news is.. um, my clothes still fit! the bad news is I've put on 4lbs!

I'm actually quite pleased it wasn't more :rolleyes:

So the Birthday dinner happened on Thursday. We went to La Tasca and I was realy disapointed actually, it was £25 per head and we were all left wondering when the main course was going to come .. but we'd had it, everything, even the little bits of garnish on the sides of plates, oh well!

lots of wine drunk too :eek: :sign0007: and that led to a hangover, which in turn led to :party0051: .. So, I'm back on Day 1 today!!

:doh: My tummy is feeling realy strange today.. eating is strange.. I'm sure I'm intollerant to something, I must find out how to discover what it is and cut it out when I'm on maintenance.

Hey Roosters it was you Birthday!!!!

Happy belated returns.

Don't worry.
Get straight back on the S & N (= me speak for the Straight & Narrow) & it'll be forgotten in a week or 2.

by the way the funny tummy. I've had a bit of a 'rumbly day' after achang i diet eg the day after last W/E's dinner do. It may just be the sudden change in traffic rather than a specific intolerance.
Keep us informed though.
The bowel side is a rather neglected aspect of this diet I think .

Back