Back on the road to the magic slimdom - Roosters Road trip

Oh my god what have I done!! it's copy and pasting gone mad!! OOOPS

Interesting piece of computer work in your last post.How did you manage to get the whole quote in stereo?

So by Sat you could have gone over the 2 1/2 st mark?

The most important thing when feeding books to your children,I always think, is to make sure that the writing is of the highest quality.

Interesting piece of computer work in your last post.How did you manage to get the whole quote in stereo?

I cut and pasted, then cut and pasted again :eek:

So by Sat you could have gone over the 2 1/2 st mark?

Possibly! I hope so, that would be very nice.

The most important thing when feeding books to your children,I always think, is to make sure that the writing is of the highest quality.

I've stocked up on shakespear, oscar wilde etc, will perhaps stir fry for lunch

Did you manage to get anywhere with CAB hun, sorry havent posted for a while, been trying to catch up!!

WeEklY WeIgH IN!!!! YAY! And Inch loss too!!

Another 6lbs off!! Hurrah!!

Inch loss overall: 20!!

Ahhh I'm so happy!!

The broken zip jeans are now getting rather baggy, totally amazed as they wouldn't even pull up over my thighs just after xmas :eek:

I've decided to opt for 4 bars a week on alternate days and this week I'm going to start a little resistance training ( i think that's what it's called) to start to tone up.

I's also going to start thinking about mini goals .. hmm.

Well I'm so happy, I'm going to enjoy the delights of nearly spring.

fAb rooster, great loss x

Only a measely -6lbs .Aw shucks!chin up rooster there'salways next week.:whoopass:

I've just checked back (how sad am I?) & found your last weeks loss was onlt 2lb -so I guess you were due for a biggie. I'm thrilled to bits for you.:wow: :clap:

I just can't match it. Must get my fluids over the 5litre mark to see if it helps.

Any way today's prize is a snake-bark maple.this one is special to me as I grew it from seed(well it was a pre-germinated seed tbh but it still counts in my book) I mean did you still cook the meal from scratch if someone else trimmed your leeks for you?

Attachments

• DSCN0171s-ac.JPG
    DSCN0171s-ac.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 14
Helloooooo Roooosters? Anyone there?
calling you to see if all is AOK.
Hope it is.
If not can we/I help?

Have some Prunus Maakia bark-don't think it's got a common name

Attachments

• DSCN0180s-ac.JPG
    DSCN0180s-ac.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 15
I'm back....

:eek: Well after a comical weigh in this morning with my CDC I decided to pop on and share some thoughts.

I have been lurking on Minimins for a couple of weeks, I also have opened up a page ready to post but no words came out! I don't know why I've been feeling in such a non comunicative mood -but I think I'm coming out of it now.

Well this morning was the drama of the new scales! My CDC warned me before I jumped on that they were weighing 2lb heavier, no probs I thought as she would knock 2lb off the reading.. so I jumped on and it settled on 13stone 11lb.. rather shocking as last week I was 15stone 12 and 3 quarters!! so off I jumped, reset scales and I jumped back on - same again.. CDC looking very confused, I was patting my legs to still if perhaps they had fallen off on the night and that could account for this 2 stone loss.. nope, still there and after hopping on and off the scales another 12 times, the same result kept coming up. CDC then got on scales and they weighed her perfectly accurtately! SO after some very confused glances she made a note in her files, dished my food out and left!! I truely did not beleive I had lost anywhere near that amount of weight so I grabbed the baby, jumped in the car and pootled round to my mums house and jumped on her scales.. very hard to read as I'm short sighted and I can't see the dial very well but i think it was around the 7 lb loss mark. So after 3lb the week before I'm happy with that. particularly as on mothers day I had a small meal of chicken and brocolli + one small parsnip chip :D

So bascially I've been feeling rather fed up with myself and I can't realy put my finger on why!? I'm finding Mon - Fri the diet is realy easy to stick to, I'm getting my energy levels back but still cycling and I'm feeling fitter than ever. Sat and Sun theres more temptation and I must confess I had one glass of red wine last sat night, didn't feel in the slightest bit guilty though - I forbid myself too because although I'm only 2 months into this diet I think I've surpassed myself. (is that the right word) I never thought I would manage this diet, i truely didn't, I was praying to fall pregnant as quick as poss in the first couple of weeks so I could come off the diet but now it's all changed! and I think it's confusing me! I knew where I was when I was in my fat suit, I didn't go out, I was ashamed at how fat I was and I didn't want any of my pre fat friends to see me (not my best friends, obviously they're still very much part of my life) I avoided so many situations because of my size and realy just lived 24/7 as a mummy and GF to Johnny.

So now whats going to happen? I'm not saying I'm slim jim or anything, still no where near, but my boobs stick out much further than my belly now - so I'm definatly on the right track :D :eek: . So I'm going to have to jump back on the band wagon of life and I'm so used to just lurking on the sidelines I'm not sure I know how! and if I'm honest, it's ever so slightly scary.

Other feelings and thoughts I have is how much a love and hate releationship I'm having with the diet. I love the fact that it's making it so easy to loose the weight, I hate the sacrifices that I'm making for it, and I don't mean the food and drink. it's what food and drink meant to me, it was my friend, comfort and reward system and now I don't have that anymore .. so what do I do? eg.. I'm having a rough day, pre diet.. I would think 'oh well, I'll cook oh and I a lovely meal, we'll have a lovely bottle of red and it'll soon be another day' but now, it's a rough day.. thats it.. not a lot I can do about it. I know I sound like a ridiculous woman but sometimes I think I am. heck I know I am but thats just me.

I'm also feeling very impatient and this is the most ridiculas thing of all time.. I've lost 3 1/s I think.. roughly what it is.. and I'm cross with myself for not losing more & putting the weight on to start with and for being cross with myself about the first two points.

I've completely lost the plot.:) :confused: :eek:

Oh roosters I'm sooooo pleased you're back.:D
Even more pleased that you're still on the diet & still losing weight.:D :D
You don't think that CDC was playing a practical joke with the scales?
Will write a longer reply to your post later.still have children to lecture/shout at :blahblah: & dogs to feed :eat: first.

I don't know why I've been feeling in such a non comunicative mood -but I think I'm coming out of it now.

Hello Roosters,do you often have uncommunicative phases?
Do you think the weather 's had anything to do with it?

Well this morning was the drama of the new scales! My CDC warned me before I jumped on that they were weighing 2lb heavier, no probs I thought as she would knock 2lb off the reading.. so I jumped on and it settled on 13stone 11lb.. rather shocking as last week I was 15stone 12 and 3 quarters!! so off I jumped, reset scales and I jumped back on - same again.. CDC looking very confused, I was patting my legs to still if perhaps they had fallen off on the night and that could account for this 2 stone loss.. nope, still there and after hopping on and off the scales another 12 times, the same result kept coming up. CDC then got on scales and they weighed her perfectly accurtately! SO after some very confused glances she made a note in her files, dished my food out and left!!

This made me laugh so much.
Has CDC taken them back to the shop?

So bascially I've been feeling rather fed up with myself and I can't realy put my finger on why!? I'm finding Mon - Fri the diet is realy easy to stick to, I'm getting my energy levels back but still cycling and I'm feeling fitter than ever.
Are you bored?
Are you scared that it looks like you are going to succeed?

Sat and Sun theres more temptation and I must confess I had one glass of red wine last sat night, didn't feel in the slightest bit guilty though - I forbid myself too because although I'm only 2 months into this diet I think I've surpassed myself. (is that the right word) I never thought I would manage this diet, i truely didn't, I was praying to fall pregnant as quick as poss in the first couple of weeks so I could come off the diet but now it's all changed! and I think it's confusing me! I knew where I was when I was in my fat suit, I didn't go out, I was ashamed at how fat I was and I didn't want any of my pre fat friends to see me (not my best friends, obviously they're still very much part of my life) I avoided so many situations because of my size and realy just lived 24/7 as a mummy and GF to Johnny.
Now you've got to redefine yourself & your relationship to those around you.
I found that para above v moving to read.

So now whats going to happen? I'm not saying I'm slim jim or anything, still no where near, but my boobs stick out much further than my belly now - so I'm definatly on the right track :D :eek: . So I'm going to have to jump back on the band wagon of life and I'm so used to just lurking on the sidelines I'm not sure I know how! and if I'm honest, it's ever so slightly scary.
what does your H think of these quandries?

Other feelings and thoughts I have is how much a love and hate releationship I'm having with the diet. I love the fact that it's making it so easy to loose the weight, I hate the sacrifices that I'm making for it, and I don't mean the food and drink. it's what food and drink meant to me, it was my friend, comfort and reward system and now I don't have that anymore .. so what do I do? eg.. I'm having a rough day, pre diet.. I would think 'oh well, I'll cook oh and I a lovely meal, we'll have a lovely bottle of red and it'll soon be another day' but now, it's a rough day.. thats it.. not a lot I can do about it.
That's one i've had quite a lot of trouble geting my head round too.
Infact haven't sorted it yet,& worse than that, I fear reverting to type as soon as i get abck to real food.
I know I sound like a ridiculous woman but sometimes I think I am. heck I know I am but thats just me.

I'm also feeling very impatient and this is the most ridiculas thing of all time.. I've lost 3 1/s I think.. roughly what it is.. and I'm cross with myself for not losing more & putting the weight on to start with and for being cross with myself about the first two points.

I've completely lost the plot.:) :confused: :eek:

Can sort of understand the impatience.
we're livivng in a limbo world.Not fat & full of sugar,not newly-thin & trendy.We're under the channel in the tunnell.We know what England was like. We have high hpes of what France has to offer,but we're stuck in the car & all we can see are the wall of the tunnel. Or something like that.

I'm also v envious of your loss rate.
I think I'velet the wate slip a bit over the last few days,& def not been active enough.
keep it up.you're doing:D :scale: :wow:

Hello Roosters,do you often have uncommunicative phases?
Do you think the weather 's had anything to do with it?
Could've been the weather! I didnt think of that, Ketosis and cold don't go hand in hand.. particularly I as don't own a coat at the moment :eek:

This made me laugh so much.
Has CDC taken them back to the shop?

I hope so!!

Are you bored?
Are you scared that it looks like you are going to succeed?

Oh my god yes, I think I am scared that I am going to succeed, blimey. I don't know what to say about that. Maybe thats part of why I haven't said much recenetly.. I have been reading other peoples comments everyday.. trying to work out the muddle which is currently in my brain and thoughts and Ideas just shoot off in different directions and I don't know whats what!!

Can sort of understand the impatience.
we're livivng in a limbo world.Not fat & full of sugar,not newly-thin & trendy.We're under the channel in the tunnell.We know what England was like. We have high hpes of what France has to offer,but we're stuck in the car & all we can see are the wall of the tunnel. Or something like that.

As ever.. you have hit the nail on the head!! it is complete craziness though isn't it.. if you look at it from the outside in, I think we're all nuts!

I'm also v envious of your loss rate.
I think I'velet the wate slip a bit over the last few days,& def not been active enough.
keep it up.you're doing:D :scale: :wow:

Your doing amazingly well! but I think the diet gets to the point where you're (me everyone) is more confident on it and can have days when you'll have a little something, or do a little less and know that with new found will power you can get back on track. It's so hard not to compare losses with others isn't it, I'm a devil for doing it.. completely nuts!!

Welllll ... It's week 9 .. :D

Had a goodish weekend, I went out :eek: :eek: :eek: on Saturday night to watch my brother do his thing at a pub in town. OH got drunk which was rather amusing to all .. (not so much to OH on sunday morning.) and I managed to sip a couple of glasses of wine and not get 'websterd' as it is known in our circle of friends, the term for when my brother or I over indulge in alcahol and partake in something silly.

We also went out for hangover cure food for OH on sunday lunch to one of those boil in the bag two for one pubs on the edge of town. I had a few mouthfuls of grilled chicken and a fork full of peas.. most likely completely fine in the AMM alowances but even so, guilt made me cycle 30k on the bike when I got home :eek: :eek: oh well, I quite enjoyed the excersise and feel all the better for it.

I have been reading other peoples comments everyday.. trying to work out the muddle which is currently in my brain and thoughts and Ideas just shoot off in different directions and I don't know whats what!!

Me too.Leastways some days it all seems clear then the next it sort of goes:silly:

Your doing amazingly well! Thanks.I am pretty well delighted really. but I think the diet gets to the point where you're (me everyone) is more confident on it and can have days when you'll have a little something, or do a little less and know that with new found will power you can get back on track.

Think you've spotted my recent complacency.But hey ho,that's Ok, imperfection I can live with.Failure is what i'm trying to avoid.

It's so hard not to compare losses with others isn't it, I'm a devil for doing it.. completely nuts!!

No more comparisons promise!

Welllll ... It's week 9 .. :D

I managed to sip a couple of glasses of wine and not get 'websterd' as it is known in our circle of friends, the term for when my brother or I over indulge in alcahol and partake in something silly.
Well Done.

boil in the bag two for one pubs .

What a brilliant term.I know just the type of pub you mean.
Must tell H thatin the morning He's busy snoring at the moment.:nightf:

When do you weigh in next?

Back on track

What an eventful couple of weeks it has been! Theres been days when I have eaten nothing at all (not even packs) and days that I have eaten anything I have felt like.... back to the begining...

Well last Friday I was on track, ssing 100% and looking forward to my weigh in. Then it all went wrong.. my brothers new lady friend asked to spend the evening with OH and I as Brother had a gig in Hull - She brought vodka, and I had coke zero so I thought, hey, why not..

The next morning, I think I was still a bit tipsy when my CDC came calling - luckily she saw the funny side and I hopped on the scales and 6lbs off! (yay) Yay turned very quickly to nay once the hangover kicked in, and I had to keep very still all day :eek:.

Sunday started with a trip to the carboot sale and then lunch at my favourite restaurant, this was a planned 'cheat' as I ate only the steamed seafood, and the steamed chicken and a very tiny amount of rice.. Then someone suggested an afternoon in the pub.. ooops.. well because I had Evie in tow it turned into just an hour in the pub as I needed to get her home for her bedtime rituals. I still managed to drink 2 pints of beer :eek: , and even nibbled on some of Evies crisps.. I think I know why I have been so lapse, I'm thinking its because I'm getting closer and closer to my comfort zone weight wise.. but it's ridiculous because my comfort zone is still rather chubby and thats not what I want to be.. So I'm having to have a word with myself about that, and I did today - the lovely weather had a lot of ladies out in nice clothes that I stand no chance of wearing at the moment! I long to just look out the window, see the sunshine and just effortlessly throw on some pretty summery outfit. So I have to keep on track.. I must I must I must!!

We had a bit of a disaster on Monday, I posted about it in an emotional state in another area on minimins.. but just to recap OH and I had to rush Evie to A&E as she started vomiting violently. It became apparent that out land lord (without our knowlegde or consent, which I have since found out is essential in cases like this) sprayed our garden with weedkiller.. I'd let Evie play in the garden while i pottered and hung the washing out. luckily she's not had enough to cause her any lasting problems but it was without a doubt the scariest moment night of my life.

So another 2 days without eating anything, however when we got home from Hospital with Evie.. I made a chicken Roast (its her favourite) and I partook. I didn't eat 'much' I had mine on a side plate rather than a dinner plate and realistically it wasn't too bad I suppose but I was just in the state of mind that I didn't care.. and proceeded to eat 5 mini lindtt eggs. :eek:

Since then I've been as good as gold with SSing and am now very much back on track.. I seem to have CD packs all over the place so it's safe to say that I've missed quite a few.

I took a sneaky look on the scales this am and I'm the same weight as i was last saturday so I'm hoping that I've not done too much dieting damage. Still not in Ketosis though!! :eek: :sigh:

well I better go and make my preperations for tonights Excersise biking.. I'm aiming for a nice long one!

Good to have you back hun x

My first thought when I saw you'd posted on your diary was
Oh good Roosters is back, she always makes me smile.

when I got to the bit about Evie & the weedkiller my skin crawled.I'm so happy for you that she's going to be fine,but to say it was the worst night of your life is putting it v simply. I think you are v brave just keeping going.Please tell me your landlord has made a full apology & given his word he'll never do it again.

please give your H a big pat on the back from me.Men get just as scared but a they're expected to be brave get les sympathy in my experience.

well done for getting back on track.In your shoes I might have been tempted to disappear inside a wine/beer bottle or biscuit tin for a few days while i ruminated on the 'what if's'.

speak again soon

My first thought when I saw you'd posted on your diary was
Oh good Roosters is back, she always makes me smile.

when I got to the bit about Evie & the weedkiller my skin crawled.I'm so happy for you that she's going to be fine,but to say it was the worst night of your life is putting it v simply. I think you are v brave just keeping going.Please tell me your landlord has made a full apology & given his word he'll never do it again.

please give your H a big pat on the back from me.Men get just as scared but a they're expected to be brave get les sympathy in my experience.

well done for getting back on track.In your shoes I might have been tempted to disappear inside a wine/beer bottle or biscuit tin for a few days while i ruminated on the 'what if's'.

speak again soon

I've given H a much appreciated pat on the back from you, he very much deserved it too.

The landlord has not been in touch as yet, it's an awkward situation really, made worse by the fact that when OH went to retrieve the weed killer bottles off him to give to the Doctor at the hospital, the landlord told him to 'look after them, and get them back safe, as were expensive' :mad:

sonkieOMG how scary for you and your daughter.....glad there were no lasting effects
thanks Sonkie.. she's almost back to her normal self now!!

The landlord has not been in touch as yet, it's an awkward situation really, made worse by the fact that when OH went to retrieve the weed killer bottles off him to give to the Doctor at the hospital, the landlord told him to 'look after them, and get them back safe, as were expensive' :mad:

B****y cheek.
Of course it may well be bluster.He feels guilty but is being aggressive to cover up.
Hope this isn't a Q out of order but were the police informed of events? Is it poss that landlord is afraid you're going to sue or anything like that.

Well done Evie for bouncing back.

B****y cheek.
Of course it may well be bluster.He feels guilty but is being aggressive to cover up.
Hope this isn't a Q out of order but were the police informed of events? Is it poss that landlord is afraid you're going to sue or anything like that.

Well done Evie for bouncing back.

Yes I agree, it's all fear of repercusions I think. We didn't inform the police but it was something OH was considering. My Dad is actually looking into legal proceedings at the moment, it's all been swept out of my hands really and I'm happy with that to be honest. I don't think I could cope with the stress with it as I'm still getting up several times a night to make sure Evie is still Breathing!! :eek: she's totally fine now, although all the attention has gone to her head and she's turned into a bit of a madam. :eek: :rolleyes:

Back