Barb's Fabulous Food Diary!

Hi Barb,
Karion is such a good judge of character she has you sussed lady so watch it ! lol !

Hope tomorrow will be a positive day and you will be nice to yourself . If your struggling just remember we all love you and we cant all be wrong now can we?!?!?

Good now have a good day and behave lotsa luvs Julie xxx

This time though, I will keep it going. Do you know why I stopped before? Because it was just into the New Year and the book had run out of pages. How stupid is that?

:D Great excuse :D Love it. Doesn't take much to knock us off that wagon does it.

Hope today has been good to you Barb :)

Hi Barb,
Karion is such a good judge of character she has you sussed lady so watch it ! lol !

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Poor Barb eh :D

Hi Julie, thanks for the love, I appreciate it. I do feel much, much better today. I am glad Karion is keeping an eye on me, bit worried she has me sussed though!!!!

Yesterday turned into a good day; I did a lot of thinking and managed to turn some negative stuff to positive. I thought a lot about 'uncomplicating' things. I seem to have turned this whole weight loss thing into such a complex issue. It's only that if I make it so. Really, each day I can make unhealthy choices and gain weight or healthy choices and lose weight. If I want to be slimmer then I can be, there is no magic wand that is waved over successful slimmers, it is simply that they commit to a plan and stick to it to the end. Thats it.
So, with my food diary at the forefront of my plan I can make those healthy choices, most of the time, maybe not all of the time, but if even the not so healthy is in moderation I will not do too much damage. I don't need to be so hysterical about it, it's only food! There, how about that. It's only food, not some mystical substance with the power to make me happy or sad, it's just something I need of the right quality, in the right amounts, to keep me healthy.
I don't feel the need to beat myself up today; I am so pleased I have started this plan, I really feel like I am on the right road at last. Yes, I will have blips like yesterday, but I got over it. I didn't turn to food, in fact I roughly checked my cals yesterday and they came in at about 1000 for the day, so that was very good.
I have made some good decisions. I don't want to use food and booze as crutches anymore. So I won't!

Hope everyone has a really good day!

Went to work early so missed my tea and biscs! No prob, had some in my office, then had some more!!! so 4 ginger biscuits not 2. Did I panic? No. I should have taken an apple with me but I rushed out the door. Thats what happens sometimes. It doesn;t make me a failure it makes me normal. So had 2 biscs at 9 and 2 more at 12. Got home about 1.30pm really hungry. Thought about what I really wanted. Something hot, tasty and healthy. So I made a veggie omlette, cooked in a dry pan with one egg and one egg white (a technique I learned on the JUDDD). It was really yum, just what I fancied.
I feel pleased, the girls at work wanted to send out for cakes and I said 'No, don't fancy a cake really'; OK I ate more biscuits than I should have but I still only consumed 200 cals all morning. When i got home I ate sensibly, not the stupid eating that follows a diet slip. I'm feeling ratehr pleased with myself actually. I do believe i am learning!

Off out with friends this evening; I know I will have some wine and some Thai food, but I am not worried, it's only one evening and no reason not to be careful and sensible the rest of the time.

Have a lovely night out :)

xx

You're doing fine Barb :) Glad to hear the skills you picked up in Judd is helping you along.

Hope your evening goes well:)

Thanks Debbie and Karion!
Had a lovely evening, ate sensibly, small portions, made everyone try my starter so that I only ate 2 pieces instead of 5! Main course was very spicy so didn't need a lot with my steamed rice; I love Thai food, it's all about the intense flavours. Drank too much wine (there's a surprise) but all in all, don't feel I went too mad.
DH is now fancying a fry-up! Damn, I could do without the smell of frying bacon etc.. Still I'll do it for him, it's not like he asks for such stuff very often.

Going to visit Mum and Dad today and pop into Eastbourne to buy a warm skirt or two. It's turned so cold and I just don't seem to have anything warm to wear, that fits, in my wardrobe!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Had a really good day yesterday. Ate sensibly, no nibbling and no alcohol! Really feel back in control and happy about it. Bought a new skirt in Evans, tried on the 22 and it was comfy so tried on the 20, little bit close but thats the one I bought. I found myself thinking, very automatically, 'not much point in buying anything that fits now, it will be falling off in a month!'. Thats the kind of commitment i like to hear, no little voice whispering, ' yeah, but thats only if you stick to it, which you won't because you never stick to anything...'. So very pleased.

Made a low cal beef curry for dinner and DH had wine with it but I said no, I'm cutting right back on the vino, I feel better without it. Which I really do.

Today is our 29th wedding anniversary, so having said that we will have some champers later but will make the kids have some too so I only have one glass. I've just realised how bad that sounds, make the kids drink alcohol so I drink less! What kind of mother am I? Oh yeah, a wicked one!!

So here's to another good food diary day, creeping toward the 2nd weigh in and feeling really chuffed with how it's going.

Congratulations on your anniversary Barb (29 years ... wow!)

Also congratulations on getting that smaller skirt - now you're starting to reap the rewards of your determination. You've chosen a balanced, well reasoned path which seems fairly painless too: wonderful!

Enjoy your bubbly tonight :)

Thanks Debbie - 29 years, where has it gone? We are so lucky, I was only 19 when we got married and a lot of people thought we had rushed it a bit; engaged after 6 months married after a year. But when you know, you know; I am so glad we were proved right. He's still my best friend, who drives me round the bend at times but knows exactly how to make me happy, keep me laughing and cheer me up when I am down.

As for my path, yes, nothing every felt more 'right'. I am enjoying the feeling of being in control and knowing exactly where I stand. I look back over my food diary in the evening and sometimes I do a random cal count just our of curiosity. I think my lowest day has been around 800, my highest about 2500 and on average about 1200. Interesting1 I can and will keep this going. I am so determined.
WE have just come back from shopping etc.. and I was feeling hungry, so I had an apple. It was delcious, crispy and sweet and refreshing. A pleasure to record in my food diary. Without the food diary I would probably have grabbed a few biscuits or a packet of crisps. No way would I want to write that down.
It's working,I reckon I will see at least 1.5lbs off this week which would be fab, 1.75 would give me 5lbs in 2 weeks so that would be even better.

I am wearing my new skirt and I am so glad I bought the smaller one. No more size 22/24's for me, the only way now is DOWN!!!!!!

Thanks Debbie - 29 years, where has it gone? We are so lucky, I was only 19 when we got married and a lot of people thought we had rushed it a bit; engaged after 6 months married after a year. But when you know, you know;

You're right - if the 'magic' is there then time is irrelevent. My mum knew my dad for NINE DAYS when they got married. That was nearly 47 years ago and they're still so much in love; it's incredible!

Nine days - wow, that just shows you doesn't it?

We had a nice evening, went out for dinner just us 2 and then came home and had champagne! I'm afraid this weekend could have a serious impact on weight loss this week - but in a way it doesn't matter, I am doing my food diary for the long haul not the quick fix and I certainly am not going to sacrifice nice meals out with my DH for the sake of losing weight.

Not having a great day today either. Is it this rubbish weather or just that it's Monday? Oh, no excuses really, I just need to make more effort.
So here's to a well planned afternoon and evening. Still want to see a drop on those scales on Wednesday but it can't happen if I eat too much!

Yesterday was a bit of a mess really. I was nibbly and fanciful. However it certainly wasn't a disaster because I cut right down at mealtimes. I figured that if I had enjoyed a few doritos whilst getting dinner then I didn't need much for dinner, so ate mainly boiled veggies! Same at lunchtime, i had inadvertantly consumed 5 ginger biscuits at work so just had one slice of toast and marmite and an apple for lunch. I suppose it's all about balance really, it's so easy to let a moments naughtiness turn into a day long food fest. Checking my food diary this morning I see I did not go too overboard yesterday, yet I woke up this morning thinking I had been. Without seeing it in writing I would have started today negatively.

I am looking forward to tomorrows weigh in and hope to see at least 1lb down, that would be wonderful.

Checking my food diary this morning I see I did not go too overboard yesterday, yet I woke up this morning thinking I had been. Without seeing it in writing I would have started today negatively.

This is where your food diary really comes into its own! A bit if a nibble can snowball into something much more if the negativity takes a hold. It's "Oh I've blown it - I might as well have XYZ and start again tomorrow/Monday/next month/the New Year" ;)

You're really doing great Barb!

Checking my food diary this morning I see I did not go too overboard yesterday, yet I woke up this morning thinking I had been. Without seeing it in writing I would have started today negatively.

Good on ya Barb :clap: Doing fab.

Okay, now you know me, and I can't resist adding my dozen eggs on your thread :D

So I am going to give you a challenge. Obviously you don't have to do it, or you can do it as often or as little as you like.

Since biccies seem to be one of the things that you want to include in your diet (and no reason why they can't be), they would be the ideal item for doing some head stuff on. This doesn't mean not having them, or even eating less of them.

Next time the biccies call, promise yourself you will have one or however many you would normally eat, but delay it. It might be 5 minutes, might be 10 or even an hour. Whatever you feel you can do. Decide on a time you will wait until, then have them then:clap:

It just sort of takes the compulsive act away. You still get them, but work on controlling the desire.

Okay, you might think "but I've already waited for them....I waited until coffee time", but if that's the case, it may be that coffee time is the time that you just have to have something. You may have built a little ritual there that just has to include biccies.

You may just want to do this sometimes. Or not at all. It's always your choice. Everything your choice ;)

Yes, I'll have a go at that KD - i know that I eat biccies for a variety of reasons, hunger being just one of many. So I will try the delaying tactics and see what happens. I actually did that the other evening, we had eaten dinner and suddenly i wanted something sweet in a 'to finish off the meal' type thing. So I decided I would have something a bit later as i really didn't want to indulge if I could avoid it. 'later' never came, I got busy and forgot to have anything.
This morning I had one ginger biscuit with my tea, i always have two and I just thought 'why do I always have 2? I could have one and probably nothing awful will happen. I can always have another one later if I want or need to'. So I guess I am ready to challenge a few habits, I feel like I am in a good place 'learning' wise; the food diary is helping me such a lot - much more than I would have expected. I refer to it during the day, look back on it the next day and generally use it to re-affirm my intentions. This morning I re-read my diary on here and it really helped a lot. i could feel all the positive feelings flooding in and all the good intentions being set even firmer in my mind.
I am excited about this progress, I have had a lot of on and off plans this year which is soul destroying at best; now I just feel i can keep going with a plan that makes sense to me.

See. Told you you were a star!:cool:

Thanks KD! guess what, been busy all morning in my office and started to feel really hungry, decided to leave it 20 minutes, left it 20 minutes then ate ONE biscuit and had a large drink of water!!!!

Also started printing out my diary from on here; thought it would be useful to have an extra 'bible' with other people's thoughts too. So i have your advice for ever now KD - brilliant, I can refer back to it whenever I need to!

More positive thinking!

Morning all, feeling a bit grumpy this morning which is a bit unreasonable as I have had a good week and have lost 1.75lbs bringing me to 5lbs in two weeks!
I had a good day yesterday, seem to be getting into the swing of it and hope to see a good result next week.

Morning all, feeling a bit grumpy this morning which is a bit unreasonable as I have had a good week and have lost 1.75lbs bringing me to 5lbs in two weeks!

Certainly no need to be grumpy about that :) 1.75lbs a week is great. Even a pound a week is great. What do they say about aiming for a pound a week and no more than 2lbs.

Sounds like you've got it just right :clap:

Back