Barb's Fabulous Food Diary!

Thanks KD - must admit i am chuffed. Feels like real progress. It's knowing that the plan is do-able that makes me confident; done it before can do it again!

Well done Barb - you are already halfway to your first goal!!! Keep up the goodwork!! xx:D:D:D

Yes, I am half way aren't I? Lucky you are here to keep an eye on me 'cos I hadn't realised that either! Makes me feel really good. What if I meet my target by the end of October? I'll have to think up a new one I guess!

I feel calm and confident about the plan but my head is playing games with me; this lunchtime I realised why. It is a year ago this week that something really awful happened to my youngest son and that is lurking at the back of my mind. DD1 said to me at lunchtime that she has an anxious feeling in her tummy and that she thought it was connected with what happened. We are all keeping a protective eye on him without smothering him ( I hope) but it is a job not to keep asking him if he is ok and hugging him, which I'm not doing, I am letting him come to me for extra hugs, but it is tricky.

Now I know why I feel distracted and on the verge if tears I feel better. It's not just me being potty, I have good reason to feel this way. I reassure myself by thinking how well he has done in this last year and how happy I am that he is in one piece and still our loving and loveable son. I know others are not so lucky.

DH took me shopping yesterday, went to Bluewater. Wow. Shop till you drop. Bought a new Tefal Actifry, which cooks a kilo of chips in 14ml of olive oil! It also cooks lots of ther things with no fat at all, so mighty healthy. Tested it last night and the hype is true! Fab chips, less than 3% fat!

Lots to do today as we have a family wedding to go tomorrow. Still haven't decided what to wear as Summer seems to be back.

Hope everyone has a good day!

You new gadget sounds great Barb!

And you're right about the weather - what's going on? I went out in a long-sleeved top today and baked!! :sigh:

A good day yesterday - refused cakes at work etc.. Had a chinese in the evening with ONE glass of wine, so quite chuffed with that.

Family wedding today, so expect to over indulge a bit, but hey, it's a wedding!

DH took me shopping yesterday, went to Bluewater. Wow. Shop till you drop. Bought a new Tefal Actifry, which cooks a kilo of chips in 14ml of olive oil!

Ohhhh! I wanted one of them!! Saw it in Lakeland and it definitely had my name on it. DH said I must have dyslexia, cos it certainly didn't say my name:confused: Could have sworn it did;)

I need a taste test:cool: Can't abide oven chips so we use a fat fryer, but only have chips occasionally. So do they taste like oven chips or the real thing?

Have a great time at the wedding. Hope the weather behaves!

Karion, you must get one, it DOES have your name on it!! Very, very impressed. The chips are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, not at all greasy, obviously, and leave oven chips standing!
It take about 40 mins to cook them but well worth the wait, every bit that touches the food can go in the dishwasher and generally I am a total fan! I should be on commision! I haven't tried making a stir fry in it yet, but that requires no oil at all. It is being marketed as an ultra healthy way to cook and I can see why. Very expensive but well worth it.

The wedding was great, a humanist ceremony in the garden under the baking sun! I was actually too hot! Really fab day, didn't eat very much but drank a ridiculous amount, so rather delicate this morning. Danced for 5 hours solid though so burnt a few cals I reckon. Resoted to barefoot as my shoes were killing and have cut my foot, which is sore, but apart from that a really lovely day.

Definately on the wagon for a few days; its DD2 and DS2's birthday on Thursday, so I am not having any alcohol till then and i shall limit that to a glass of bubbly. I can't afford to waste too many cals on alcohol, although last week I did really well so if it wasn't for the wedding indulgences I would be quite pleased with myself.
So looking forward to some good healthy food (including chips) and at least a lb off on Wednesday. I must say this mid week weigh in is a stroke of genius, don't know why I never tried it before.

Hi Julie

lovely to hear from you! Thanks for the encouragement, you are right I do feel positive. I am sailing towards week 3's weigh in and I am confident I will have lost at least a lb and possibly 2.

Yesterday was a recovery day; we had such a fab time at the wedding but between my hangover and my sore feet, I was a sorry sight! Didn't stop me making DD2 and DS2's birthday cake though, so that was good.
Today I have to go to A+E as my barefoot dancing (!) of Saturday night has left me with a nice piece of glass in my heel which I can't get out! Very annoying but I suppose not surprising.

Hope every one has a good day!

Gosh Barb - is it nearly three weeks already? Doesn't time fly by. You still sound so comfortable and motivated - it's just wonderful to hear.

Karion, you must get one, it DOES have your name on it!!

Well that's what I said! DH said that my name was still on the fryer I bought 6 months ago:confused: :D

Very, very impressed. The chips are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, not at all greasy, obviously, and leave oven chips standing!

Sounds great. Wonder whether it's time for me to 'break' the oldish one :D
The wedding was great, a humanist ceremony in the garden

Excellent. I'm a Humanist, and I know a lot of non-humanists are chosing this way for funerals and weddings:cool: Obviously, I want a Humanist funeral, but if I go when I'm still teaching at the Catholic school, they will probably be really upset.

Oh well....still having a humanist funeral:p
Today I have to go to A+E as my barefoot dancing (!) of Saturday night has left me with a nice piece of glass in my heel which I can't get out!

Aww, poor you. Must have been very painful. I remember when I was bigger, I used to get cracked heels. Ouch...didn't 'alf hurt sometimes.

Morning all, Mrs Brave here! Well after 3 hours at A+E, I had an xray which showed up a nice chunk of glass. So, no anaethestic as an 'awkward' place to numb, I gritted my teeth whilst the nurse dug around to get the glass out. Eventually she got it, although as she cheerfully said, it really had gone in a long way - thank you, I had noticed! One tetanus later and I was off home again. It's a bit sore but not too bad.

Did quite well on the food front, didn't resort to comfort food but did have some maltesers in the evening, but only because I really wanted them.

Karion, I think I can see a broken fat fryer in your kitchen, you should definately replace it. Last night I cooked a beef stir fry in my new fryer and it was FANTASTIC, so juicy and tasty and fat free!!!
Very intrigued by you being a Humanist KD, I would like to find out more. I must say it was a delightful wedding in every way and I would certainly want a Humanist funeral when I pop my clogs.

Looking forward to tomorrows weigh in, it's weird, I find myself really looking forward to Wednesday, my food diary is looking good, haven't missed a day and although Saturday was seriously OTT, I expect to see a lb off at least.
Watch this space tomorrow morning!

I gritted my teeth whilst the nurse dug around to get the glass out. Eventually she got it, although as she cheerfully said, it really had gone in a long way - thank you, I had noticed! One tetanus later and I was off home again. It's a bit sore but not too bad.

Glad to hear you've been decrystalized :clap:
did have some maltesers in the evening, but only because I really wanted them.
Fair enough, and Maltesers are one of the 'better' choices for sweeties. Do you remember the advert for the 'sweets with the non-fattening centres'. They had to change that to the 'less fattening centres' Not sure how they advertise them now.
Very intrigued by you being a Humanist KD, I would like to find out more. I must say it was a delightful wedding in every way and I would certainly want a Humanist funeral when I pop my clogs.
There's a lot of us around...many people don't even know they are Humanists. Some of the well known ones include Peter Ustinov, Clare Rayner, Jane Asher, Vanessa Redgrave and many who would probably be classed as Humanists, but didn't realise it would be John Lennon, Marie Curie, Einstein, Mark Twain. The list goes on.

I liked the fact that I knew what I believed in, and then found the Humanist Association which went along with my beliefs.
Having said that, I love the Bible. Best book ever written :clap:

Watch this space tomorrow morning!
Waiting in anticipation :)

Last edited:
Hi Debbie

yes 3 weeks, can't believe it either and I was just thinking how the weeks fly by. You know how you say to yourself sometimes ' if I had started that blinking diet x weeks a go, even if I'd only lost a lb a week, I'd be well on my way now'. Well I thought when Christmas comes, even if I have only lost 10lbs or a little more I won't be saying that will I? Because I have started and better to have lost a few lbs and be on my way than weeping and wailing about what I 'could have' done. Its all an attitude of mind, like with you and your 16lbs in 4 weeks; if you hadn't started when you did you wouldn't have lost that brilliant amount and probably you would have gained a couple. So wahoo, we are in the game, we HAVE started and look how fast the last 3/4 weeks have gone, in the next 3/4 weeks we will have lost more and feel even more chuffed! Makes you think doesn't it.

Love, your potty friend

HI KD, we must have been typing at the same time! Spooky! Yes, I thought the maltesers were a good choice, I feel so nicely in control at the moment. If I really want something, like the maltesers then fine, but if not, better still. I want food to be less important and I think that is really happening.
I keep reminding myself that it is all my choice and its no good feeling upset with myself if I make a poor choice. I get to write down what i have had not what i wish i'd had.

Really hope to see a decent loss tomorrow, trying to stay off the scales as they definately wind me up - 1 or 1.5lbs would be just great.

Love

Got my fingers crossed for you Barb xx

Yippeeeeeeee! 2lbs gone, thats half a stone in 3 weeks!!!!! I am so chuffed! I am so chuffed!

This is working so well for me, I am so chuffed( have I mentioned that?).
Off to update my signature!

So pleased Barb! 2lbs and half a stone gone already...that's fantabulous:clap:

Back