Barb's slow but steady improvement diary!

159.gif
Hi Barb,
Hope today those nibbles stay away. I know what you mean. I am going to make a bit points free vege curry today, so I wont be tempted to nibble what I shouldnt!!!
xxx

Hi RD

yes, i am very pleased. Good to see you doing well too.

I finished yesterday on 1305 cals; pleased with that as I had a real 'foodie' day, felt hungry/nibbly all day. Still today looks a bit brighter and I have quite a bit to do out of the house, so it should be a bit easier.

2 lb is Brilliant!! :happy036: You're doing so well!! Yes, its difficult to expect big losses after the first couple of weeks, but they all add up in the end and thats what counts! You're doing so fabulously with your healthy eating. Congrats and long may it last ! :) xxxxxxx

Hi CP, thanks for that. I certainly do feel pleased with myself.I see you nearly have the magic 'first stone' off! Well done.

sounds like you are still going strong barb. just think. a nibbly day before could have been triple that amount of calories!! 1300 is more than briliant!!

have you found out what your base metabolic rate is? it should tell you around how many calories your body burns before you do any activity. will show you how well you are doing!!

abz xx

Hi Abz,

yes apparently I need around 2200 cals to 'tick over'! So based on that I am getting a daily deficit of around a 1000 which should give me approx a 2lb weekly loss. I guess it really depends how busy/lazy I am.

Last night I nearly came unstuck. I'd had a mega stresssful day, hurt my back lifting shopping and was generally feeling really sorry for myself. DH promptly suggests a Thai take-away. This is my fave so i was sorely tempted, not least cos I'm sick of cooking.
Normally a Thai meal would be; spicy prawn crackers, prawn 'toasts', mixed mains and egg fried rice, all washed down with a bottle or two of wine.
Last night I decided it didn't have to be like that. I could make sensible choices, still have a treat and not wreck my diet! So I did. We skipped the crackers and the starter. I had steamed rice (half a portion) and chilli prawns (no batter or sticky sauce) done in a very lively soy sauce. 2 small glasses of wine and I was done.

I am so pleased with myself - I ended the day on a max of 1506 cals ( I estimated high on the prawns etc.., so it could well have been less) and this morning there is no guilt to contend with. No feeling of having to be incredibly good to make up for it. Just a normal day, counting my cals and getting on with my plan. GO ME!!!!!!!!

Thanks Abz - it's a bit of a struggle TBH, but then if it wasn;t I'd have done it years ago I suppose!

Yesterday ended on 1337, which I am pleased with. Again a stressful day which is definately what makes me struggle most. I did it though, kept under my 1500 top limit and am beginning to look forward to the next weigh in. Hoping for another 2lbs off on Monday.
Funny how just seeing that ticker alter and those dates filled in bucks me up.

well i've been sticking to 1000, even half killed myself on the exercise bike last night and in two days have gained .25 of a lb... am going to up my water again, it's been lower since i started eating and see if that helps...

abz xx

Thing is abz that .25 can so easily be the scales being a bit silly or water retention. You sound like you are doing well, especially the exercise, so hopefully upping the water will do the trick!

Well another good day cal wise yesterday, finished the day on 1238. it's weird at the moment though, I seem to be struggling more with hunger and yet i resist eating up to my higher cal limit. This is day 18 and I have only hit 1500 once and then I felt cross that I had. Why is that, why do I set a limit and then immediately try to stop myself using it? I really am mad at times. Anyway, aside from that I am pleased to have nearly completed 3 weeks. I think this is the longest time I have stuck to a plan so am feeling very pleased from that point of view.

Thanks Clarri - I'm doing my best!

Friday night struck and the urge to throw the diet out the window struck too! So, instead of going mad I decided I would have want I wanted within reason BUT count every calorie. That was the deal and I stuck to it. End result? 1544 cals total for the day!
I am so pleased, this is what I want - to be organised and yet be able to cut loose if I really want to.
If I hadn't counted the calories would I have eaten/drunk more? Yes, without a doubt. I weighed 10g of peanuts because I fancied some, if I hadn't been counting I expect I would have had 3-4 times more. I weighed 50g of 'actifried' chips - I would have had twice that if not counting. I measured the wine carefully and counted it in, if I ahdn;t been counting i probably would have drunk twice as many cals.

I'm learning, this is amazing, I am actually learning how to enjoy myself without going too mad.
Never mind light bulb moment, this is a light bulb weekend!!!!!

Yes, it continues, another good day, despite it being Saturday and DH suggesting a chinese!

I said why don't I just make us a really yummy stir fry? He ahreed, so I did! Lots of beansprouts and onion and mushroom and baby sweetcorn and carrot...... with some lovely king prawns and chilli sauce. Very tasty and I knew the calorie count. Finished the day on 1267 cals - very, very happy with that.

Current secret weapon? Mini milk lollies; if I really want something sweet they are a very handy 30cal option.
Weigh in tomorrow and I think it will be 2 off, I hope so anyway.

Well done barb! I see how much you love your chinese food, so do I. We have two takeaways right underneath our block. A thai and chinese, so just imagine how easy that is! I think your doing really well searching for alternative options which you know are going to make you happier in the long run.

Like me, you know that cheating now is only going to make us pay later. We got a chinese the other night, but I said to DH recently 'Whenever you go there, I'll have boiled rice and mixed vegetables, NEVER get me anything else and don't ask me what I want' lol Thats what he does now and it means I don't have to see the menu or grapple with my conscience. Such a relief I can tell you!

Keep it up hun you are so close. xx

See, thats another clever strategy. Thats what I mean, it really is about being organised and finding ways to cope. Not looking at the menu is a really good one, I'll remember that!

OMG - I am chuffed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3lbs off, can't believe it! Yesterday was a really good day, finishing on just 1018.

One more lb and thats a whole stone. I am thrilled. Three whole weeks of sticking totally to plan and I feel really rewarded for that.

Bring on week 4 - I am so ready!

Thanks CP - i do believe I am!

Back