Barb's slow but steady improvement diary!

it sounds like you are really in the zone cuddlepaws. and there's no reason why you can't be a healthy and yummy mummy. i am getting married in six months and want to try for a baby straight away. i have always had a young and yummy mummy and i want to be that as well :D

abz xx

CP - i get everything you are saying. I feel like we have sooooooo much in common and I too have that feeling that i must not ' say it, mean it and then drop it'; I too have done that so many times. I don't think my DH will let me this time and i think your DH may be tough with you too, which is great! We need all the support/encouragement we can get.

Abz, I now visualise you in a yellow skirt! But then you probably think of me on a train, so thats ok.
Joking aside I do think these visualisations of ourselve thinner must be very helpful. Like we are subconsiously making sure that we believe in that future vision.

CP, you will be the yummiest of mummies and Abz you will be a gorgeous bride.Me? I'll just be a very healthy holidaymaker!!!!!

Hello Barb
Many congratulations on your 5lb loss! I respect all the diets on this forum but I truly believe that a slow, steady method is best for sustainability. I am doing WW points and have lost 10lbs over 6 weeks. I am happy with that because it is doable and compatible with normal day to day life. I am hoping that when I lose about 2 more stones I will be able to slip into a permanent healthy eating pattern.
Best luck with the rest of your journey.

Just to let you know I'm here watching you now Barb ... interested as always in how my buddy is doing x

Thanks Lippy, good luck with your sensible journey, you soundliek you are well on the way.

Good to have you dropping by RD - it has not been the same without you.

OK, drumroll please ....... Week one = 8lbs off!!!!!!!!!
I am so shocked/chuffed/thrilled/amazed/flabberghasted!!!!!!

Wow, what will week 2 bring? After that, 2lbs off will be fine, anything more will be a total bonus.

OMG that's amazing Barb!! You're really cooking on gas! :D

x x x

Thanks Abz and RD, I am pretty amazed myself. Gas may well be coming into it - low cal of course.

Another good day yesterday, finished day 8 on 1105 cals. Really pleased, I am honestly finding this realatively easy. I think the time of year is really in my favour. If it was summer (assuming we get one again) we would be barbequeing (sp) and eating out lots, this weather we just stay indoors!
So day 9 and I'm totally ready for it!

Thanks Abz - so are you!

Must admit I am finding today a little harder. Now realise that 'stress' is a MAJOR trigger for me. Won't go into the boring details but suffice to say that a very big (and Positive) happening is 99% going to take place in the next few days regarding business stuff. I'm on a knife edge and suddenly all i can think about is food and as the day wears on drink! I have been good and will continue to be but this is hard, I really could disappear down the neck of a wine bottle about now!

We are going out for an Indian with my sis and her DH tonight, can't tell them about it yet either and I'm crap at secrecy!

Have planned what i am going to have to keep within my cals;

1 poppadom = 75, tandoori prawn starter =160, chicken tikka =350, salad = 15 3 rounded tblsps boiled rice = 120 =720

Have had 553 so far today so that will make =1273.

Going good barb! You're really in the swing of it!

As for me I've had a cr*p day. Got into a row with my teenage son this morning. Can't believe how cheeky kids can be today! Ended up taking his computer out of his room indefinitely! All in all it stressed me out and upset me, how they take everything for granted and appreciate nothing! Anyway, not going into that here, but when I get into a 'state' like that all I want to do is EAT rubbish to make myself feel better. That's the old me, and I had to battle against that old me wanting to return today. I held out and held out and ended up in tears anyway :cry: because I felt I had no way of release, esp running around after the little one too.

Managed to hold it together and today I've had:

Breakfast: tea, 2 toasts with a slice of ham

Lunch: 1 ww salmon meal
1 cheese sarnie

snack: 1 low fat muller rice

Dinner: beef casserole
1 fat free yoghurt

looks and sound luvverly to me barb!! wish i could go out for an indian!! you are losing so much and eating such lovely things too!! i think i'm going to move up to cd 1000 before too long. but i want to make sure i've shifted plenty of weight. i was thinking about ww or sw but i desperately NEED to get this weight off before the final fitting for my wedding dress which will probably be in about four months, and since i've tried (and failed) at both ww and sw in the past i think it's best to try and get rid of as much as i can on cd as it's working. but i long to eat!! think i will try and get another stone or so off with cd, so i am in the 12s and then see how i go...

abz xx

Oh Barb,
I am so happy for you. 8lbs is wonderful, you must feel so so proud of yourself. I am going to take a leaf out of your book for a week or two and get some ready meals. I need to reduce my portion sizes, so this is a good way to go about it.
xxx

well done CP!! your menu looks lovely too!! mmmmmmmmmmmm.

abz xx

Thank you abz :eek: I do try to eat decent meals so I don't get into the binge factor!

I'm sure you'll be a beautiful bride, and I hope we get to see piccies? :)

Oh Barb,
8lbs is a fabulous weight loss - you're system is working!

Thanks everyone - all encouragement greatly appreciated.

Had a nice meal out, didn;t eat all the chicken tikka as I'd had enough, but did have one cobra beer(which is low cal) so ended the day on 1271 - happy with that.

Didn't like not knowing exactly how many cals I'd had for sure though. I really don;t want to do too much going out whilst i'm doing this, it just doesn't fit with what i want to achieve, it's almost a pressure in itself.

Looking forward to day 10 - a day of knowing what i'm having and when I'm having it!

Back