Barb's slow but steady improvement diary!

Last visit before NY. Feeling happier this morning; have been feeling very emotional because the trip to Ny with my girls is without my DH. Thought I would be ok when we booked it but as it has got nearer I have been feeling worse and worse about leaving him. He wants me to go, he wants us girls to have a fab time but it will be the first time I have ever gone anywhere without him! We've been together since I was 18 and married when I was 19. I know I'll be fine, I just feel like I'm deserting him. Anyway we had a good chat about it last night and he reassured me that he would be fine and I'm not to worry, so I'm going to try hard not to. I'm going to go and have a brilliant time with my 2 DD's.

So, see everyone in a weeks time.

hope you have a fabulous, amazing, wonderful time barb. don't worry about OH. he'll manage just fine for a few days :)

abz xx

Hi Abz! I'm back!

I had a great time and so did my girls. Very good Mum/daughter time, did us all good. My goodness it was pricey though. Can't believe how expensive NY has become. Bought some lovely things anyway though!

Came back weighing the same as when I went, which in view of their portion sizes is amazing. The amount of food wasted is ridiculous really.
Missed DH terribly and he missed me too. We are so happy to be back together and both agreed we will never willingly be apart again!

So, now I am back to thinking about my weight! Just for a change! I feel quite calm about it really. I'm going to stick with the plan, healthy eating (which after American food is a joy) and keep moving more. Did so much walking in NY and feel better for it.

it's brilliant that you stayed the same whilst on holiday barbs. well done!!

:D:D

sticking with the eating healthily and exercise thing sounds like a great idea :D

abz xx

Hi Barbs, welcome back. Glad to hear you had a good girly time, and well done with the weight x x x

Hi

I just wanted to say that I have just joined this forum and one of the reasons was that your diary really inspired me.

I too am hoping to lose weight but want to change my habits in order to be healthy rather than try to lose weight as quick as possible.

Hi BP - wow it's lovely to have inspired someone! Hi Abz and Eclipse, yes I have been a bit awol lately.

Sorry, I think it's just that I have no MAJOR plan going on and so don't really have a lot to say. Plus work and family is just so busy pre Christmas that time is a bit tricky too.

Have been thinking a lot about how I want to play the New Year.

I've kind of made my mind up that I want to get 35lbs off. It won't see me slim but it will see me at a weight I am very much happier with. My conundrum is whether to totally 'go for it' in January and start a strict calorie counted diet and expect to have lost that by May when we go on our cruise or whether to go more softly softly and aim to have it gone by September when we go to Aruba!
I know, Barb's life revolves round holidays - it doesn't really but they are good dates to consider.

Now softly softly appeals as all or nothing is not always best. trouble is if I'm too softly softly will i ever get there?

What do you think ladies - go for it and get it done or do it slowly till it's done?

i would go for it for a month in january barb and then go for softly softly. after christmas is always a good time to go for it as we all get sick of food. and if you get sick of going hard core then you can relax onto softly softly.

it's good to have you back :)

abz xx

Thanks Abz, what a complete and utter genius you are. That will suit me nicely, give me the bigger start off loss to get me going and then a more steady approach. I could still be well on my way to target for May and easily for September.

I'm starting 5th of January. Thats when i'm back to work, the parties etc.. will all be over and I've a clear run at it till a weekend away at the end of Feb. So hard core 5th Jan - 5th of Feb at least. Maybe even up to our weekend away.

I'm going to start planning a few menus in advance, so that I avoid that indecision which so often leads to the biscuit tin/takeaway menu/pub!

Thanks Abz, you are such a star. How are things in Abzland?

not bad. i've only gained 0.75lbs after coming off cd and eating for a week, so my choices and my eating habits can't have been all bad :D so i'm rather happy with that. i have arranged to go back next week and i hope to stay the same weight :)

i think having a running start would be good for you :)

abz xx

Well done Abz, .75 is brilliant, I think a lot of people gain a bit more than that. You must be making very good choices!

Yes, running start it is!

well i am going to have a running start too hon. i am going to go back onto cambridge sole source straight after new year and then see how i feel after that as i don't want to be ssing for much longer so hopefully it will kick start me and i can move up the cambridge plans :)

abz xx

Hi Barb
I really need to start mooching around this site more!! I hadnt realised you were back around again. And not only have you been on your cruise, but also to NY!!! :eek:
I think what Abz said is the right way. There is going to be so much action on here in January I would imagine (same as slimming clubs, q's out the door!!), so it will be a good time to kick yourself into action!
Anyway, just wanted to say hi.
xxx

Thanks Clarri - Hi to you too! I am back but I have to say life is a shade busy at the mo and because I know I'm not seriously getting stuck in till January I'm not on here much. I am looking forward to getting on with it in Jan. I've got my plan and i will be ready to shift 35lbs sharpish!

Have just added a nice ticker to make me feel ready for Jan 5th. Feel quite excited about it. It's so unusual for me to have a definate first goal in sight. I normally just 'diet' without a definate goal in place - other than obviously losing lots of weight. I know that the target I have set is far from slim but it's the attainability that appeals. Surely it's better for me to fix on a goal that I really believe I can achieve than set myself up with something that seems almost impossible before I even start?
Also, assuming this works, there is nothing to stop me doing it again!

Can feel head moving firmly into place! Researched some low cal ready meals last night - I don't want to live on them but I thought it would be useful to have some on 'stand-by' so that I don't get caught on the hop and end up eating high cal stuff.

The preparation continues. I have sorted out a lovely new notebook and pen to record my daily food diary and have updated my 'ongoing weight loss journey' which dates back to 2002!

Feeling good. I'm loving the idea of having a definate amount and time frame. Really don't think I have done that before. I'm not making any grand announcements, been there, done that. Just need to quietly get on with it.
Already thinking about what I'm eating and why, so I think the 5th may dawn and I may already be down a lb or 2! That would be great!

hey there honey. happy new year :)

i'm restarting something on monday too :) not sure if i'm going to go straight onto sole source or whether i'm going to move down the cd plans, but either way i'm sick to death of eating and i'm addicted to doing it again!! and i need to shop for a wedding dress this month. so the heat is on!!

abz xx

Back