Barb's slow but steady improvement diary!

Thanks Clarri - all encouragement and support VERY gratefully received!

wow barb!! have just been catching up!! you are doing amazingly well!! pass some of it my way will you? after my birthday weekend i've gained a shedload!!

abz xx

Hi Barb,

I've been following your diary, and just wanted to congratulate you on how well you are doing, and how upbeat and positive you sound.

The thai food sounds delicious :p

Good luck with the rest of your journey

SG27 x

Hi, thanks for popping in SG27 and hello to you too Abz, sounds like your birthday was fun!

I'm doing ok but have lapsed into under eating again so am going to have a less strict day today. Finished yesterday on 928 cals and considering I'd had an incredibly busy/stressful day, that simply isn't enough. Today i woke up grumpy, tired, tearful and rubbish. So, today i am aiming at 1500 as a minimum and if I hit 1750 I will still be quite happy. I won't be able to keep going with this if I start making it too difficult for myself. That is what I am doing and I'm not going to allow myself to sabotage my plan.

Hmmm, yesterday went really wrong. I think it was a reaction to the difficult day on Monday. DH was keen to go out for dinner, just us 2 and as I had decided i'd undereaten for 2 days, I was happy to agree. Then our heating stopped working and there was a possibility the plumber might come, so we stayed in. I made a curry and we opened some wine; when it came t eating i just didn't want to, so i pushed it round my plate whilst drinking lots of wine. End result, plastered.

Really cross with myself today. Feel awful (serves me right) didn't eat well, which was the whole point and now I just am relieved to be back on the plan. I'm counting 1500 cals for yesterday as i certainly drank about 600.
I need to learn from that; it didn't make me feel better, it made me feel worse.

it's all a learning curve barb. and at least you didn't get plastered and then eat a pizza, which is my usual trick... you didn't let it rule you.

am sorry that you are feeling naff today, but it will act as a deterrant next time.

have a couple of pieces of fruit to keep your cals up? maybe a banana or two as they are fairly high cal and full of energy if you are finding it difficult to keep the amounts up.

good luck babes.

abz xx

Oh Barb,
Dont beat yourself up over a few drinks. You have been doing so well, and you are at that 3 wk turnaround, dont forget it takes 3 weeks to form a habit, and you are well on the way to doing that. Life is for living, and you are living it. Read Gemstones diary. She has the right idea!!
xx Oh by the way, HUGS.
XX

Thansk Abz and Clarri - that self beating is a bad habit and I know I do it too much. I am so lucky to have you two keeping an eye on me - I really do appreciate you both so much.

I'm doing ok, feel a bit better but am certainly happy to be back on track.

Hi Barb,

So pleased to see that you are doing so well, never mind your blip with the wine. Just learn from it, remember how it made you feel and also remind yourself of how good it felt on other occasions when you've stayed strong; next time you feel the urge to give in try to recapture those feelings.

Have a good day.

Love
Nikkie

hey barb. i don't think after a lifetime of dieting any of us are ever going to totally get rid of putting ourselves down for enjoying ourselves once in a while. but you are doing incredibly well. just look at your losses!! and you have stuck to this plan like glue. everyone deserves the odd blip. life would be incredibly dull without them (but we'd all be thin :D)

abz xx

So, a much better day yesterday. Went out for dinner to celebrate DD2's NVQ3 in childcare being successfully completed. Made sensible choices but am calling the day a 2000 cal day. Just to be on the safe sde. Today it's back to my proper plan after 2 days off. Feel happy, checked weight, no gain, so really happy with that.

Glad to see your back on track Barb, I've had a few iffy days too as you know, and I think gradually we will learn to be kinder to ourselves when those days arrive. I've no doubt that both you and I are absolutely capable of reaching our goals. xxxxxxxx

Couldn't agree more CP! We are both very focused and determined. I actually feel better knowing I am getting on with this instead of messing about!

Good day yesterday - finished on 1260cals. Amazing really as mega stress continues and we have had no heating at home for 3 days and it is freezing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, starting to look forward to Mondays weigh in - weird looking forward to Monday at all really. Anyway, hoping for a lb off, not expecting more than that as we had a special meal out this week, but we'll see. So long as those numbers are going down, I'm happy!

Struggling Abz, really struggling. So hungry today. The DH and DS2 wanted a chinese tonight and i caved. I kept to prawn curry and boiled rice. Refused joining in a 2nd bottle of wine and have finished the day on 1864 cals. Not as low as I would like but not a total loss of control either. I guess thats progress. TBH it is. Every part of me wanted to throw caution to the wind and eat and eat and eat. I've been cold, hungry and stressed all week. It's a miracle I haven't stuffed myself. So actually,go me!

Thanks Clarri - I am finding it really hard at the moment. Can't understand it because you would think that 4 weeks in I would be used to the whole thing but it's now that I really want to rebel. The only thing thats keeping me going is the thought of getting on the scales Monday and finding a loss not a gain! I don;t ven know how I would cope with an STS - I think I'd cry!

Back