BBQ, what to do?

Fizzy

Silver Member
Ok, we are going to a birthday bbq on Saturday and im not sure what I should do. Would it be rude to take some pre-weighed chicken breast and a can of coke zero with me? Don't want to spend the whole time answering questions about why im not eating.

if it were me i would explain to the person who bbq it is and just say hope they dont mind if you bring your own stuff, hope you have a great time.xx

You could have a chicken breast cooked on a BBQ unless it's covered in BBQ sauce. (you could always cut the bits off that have sauce on them)
Salad is easy. And the coke zero doesn't seem as fizzy as the others coke's so that could be your reason to take your own. I have survived a few BBQ that way! Enjoy it!

U could say that you had some chicken to use up from the fridge!!
Sure they're not mind hun - people do take bits and bobs to BBQs anyway - hope you have a nice time

Kj xxx

i think susans right, good idea.

have a good time - hope the sun shines for you!! x

I would say to speak to the host and explain, but that you don't want to make a huge deal in front of the other guests. I would very much doubt people would notice the coke zero - you could always buy a big bottle to share with everyone else and noone would think anything of it xx

Good idea about taking a bottle. I will talk to the host and see if she minds me taking my own and putting on their bbq, will be nice to have it hot (didn't want to cook it and take it as dont like it cold). I know there will be chicken there but I think its legs.

Thanks everyone.

have a great time hun.xx

Enjoy and eat BBQ'd chicken!! :) take the skin off. Have a great time!

have a fab time!

Back