Be skinny for October - 10 mini week challenges to boost weight loss

I did walk 2.5 mile on Friday and walked 0.5mile yest but that prob shouldn't count as it was just strolling with my 3yr old.

It all counts... my sister in law had her 2nd child within 13 months in November and is now smaller than she was before she got pregnant at a skinny size 8. She lives in a really hilly area and has 2 chunky boys so pushing them up and down the hills is obviously working for her. She doesn't drive either so that is also a real boost for her as she doesn't have another option!

Been exercising everyday, just checked the fridge though and all my mullers have choc sprinkles, best get them eaten before Tues ;)

Been 100% akk week as well, hoping for a good loss this week, 4lb will get be out of the 14's and into the 13's!

Someone told me the mullers are new recipe and they have syns now???

I've just done day 2 of C2 5K nearly killed me, but gave me half hour away from kids!!!:family2:

hi all i have managed to walk for at least 30 mins everyday walked along a stoney beach today that was hard going on the legs :eek: but lovely to have the sea view x

Well done Valerie, that's great! I did 20 mins Zumba and some sit ups today, I'm so tired though after this week. I am getting weighed tomorrow morning (a day early due to my shifts) and will start the no chocolate week then. Can't decide if I am going to walk it (I gave up chocolate and diet coke for lent ok) or really struggle because it is 'banned'!

I'd really like to join in too if I can. I have a wedding to go to in October and my aim is to be at least a dress size lower than I am now..... I can't really go by weight, but 20lb sounds good to me.... I'll start at week 1 on Tuesday as that's my WI day and I'm gonna skip the fish week and replace it with a "drink loads of water week" because I HATE fish and can't even have it in the house.......

grrr was typing and my silly laptop exited me out! :mad:anyway was saying/tpying didn't manage 20 mins of exercise a day but did manage 55 mins in the gym on the Wed and then 35 mins on thursday. Sat was shopping in Oxford and that was walking from 10:30 to 2pm (1/2 hr sitdown for coffee) - sohopefully that helps.:)

No choc this week (eek fingers crossed).:p

Right off to work out meals this week!
:)
Good luck fellow Ocotberians!

Kats

Ok, was wi for me today and I lost 5lbs. Not down to my stinking exercise efforts though, coz I was rubbish, it was my first week on sw so assume that explains a good loss. On to the no chocolate week for me now. I managed all last week with no chocolate so am sure I can manage it. Maybe squeeze in some exercise to compensate for last week.

I may miss the chocolate sprinkle muller yog tho!

I am going to have to swap weeks as still got loads of mullers in the fridge, going to do scan bran week this week and choc week when the mullers are gone.

I am going to miss deluxe hifi bars and chocolate sprinkled mullers especially... in fact I'll probably consume more calories having my HEB as bread in the long run!

Well I got weighed this morning and lost 3.5lbs. Very happy with that after the exercise week, I might try and keep it up as much as possible although I can't do it everyday with my shift work. I'm camping in Whitby at weekend so not sure how that is going to go... obviously lots of alcohol to be consumed and trying to avoid fish and chips.

I like the term 'Octoberians' :)

Good luck everyone!

I didn't start the week until Saturday as I had my vitamin b 12 shot Friday. So as I don't really eat chocolate I'm going to continue the exercise week.
The week I'm dreading is red week!

I did a no chocolate week last week and lost 1lb!!! It was my niece's christening so I was off plan for most of the weekend but no chocolate week meant that I couldn't have any of the cupcakes or christening cake which I think is what meant that I still lost.

I've decided to do an exercise week this week - I'm waiting for a new job to start once my CRB check and references come back so I think this week is a good time to do exercise week while I'm off. I'd like to lost 2lb this week - making me "overweight" rather than "obese" for the first time in about 5 years!

I did a no chocolate week last week and lost 1lb!!! It was my niece's christening so I was off plan for most of the weekend but no chocolate week meant that I couldn't have any of the cupcakes or christening cake which I think is what meant that I still lost.

I've decided to do an exercise week this week - I'm waiting for a new job to start once my CRB check and references come back so I think this week is a good time to do exercise week while I'm off. I'd like to lost 2lb this week - making me "overweight" rather than "obese" for the first time in about 5 years!

Oh what's the new job? Good luck!

Well done with all the weigh ins!!!! I ended up on a pedal swan with the kids earlier, it nearly killed me!!!!

Oh what's the new job? Good luck!

Thanks! :D

I'll be working as a support worker with adults with learning disabilities in the community, with some personal care. I'm at uni at the moment and just did a placement in the same company (without the personal care) which I loved so I'm looking forward to it. At least I can pay the mortgage while I'm back at uni!

Hi Shirleen. I have to have b12 injections too. I hate them. Are yours every 12 weeks too? Mine was due last week and I didn't get round to it. Am feeling rubbish for it now! Hoping to get for it on Wednesday.

I had to up my injections to every 8 weeks as I felt so awful, they're so painful aren't they? But golly what a godsend they are! Have you been tested for why? I had loads of tests and the upshot is they don't know why!

Thanks! :D

I'll be working as a support worker with adults with learning disabilities in the community, with some personal care. I'm at uni at the moment and just did a placement in the same company (without the personal care) which I loved so I'm looking forward to it. At least I can pay the mortgage while I'm back at uni!

That's what I do!
I work with one man,severely LD and complex needs, full personal care etc, I've taken him on holidays and this is the best job I have ever had!

Have you done personal care before? I hadn't and to be honest I used to gag, (totally involuntarily, it was awful,I was so ashamed) but I'm fine with it now!

No chocolate week is hard but I'm not sure it is helping me lose weight, how is everyone else getting on?

Back