Beauty tips needed!!!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Shabba, 10 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Okay now im looking after my body better i thought i'd look after my skin, in particular my face :jelous:

I've never really been a girly girl with all the products under the sun, i have make up and a flanel :8855:
    So at the weekend i thought id treat myself to some face wash, cleanser, toner and moisturiser. I bought the new "Simple" range at Asda because i think they're a pretty reasonable make.

So i've been using it for a few days and the first noticable difference is that my face is spottier than ever :mad: wtf am i doing wrong?? :mad: Shall i just give up :rolleyes: But i did think that maybe its because my skin isnt used to it and its adjusting?! :confused:

Arghhhhhh being a woman is soooo hard!! :giggle:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ladyvegas

ladyvegas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(17.01%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Shabba - like you I bought the Simple range a few weeks back and had the same reaction. I find that I can only use a facecloth and hot water on my face (for some strange reason). I do use moisturiser - Clinique or L'Oreal. But find that all the other stuff just irritate me.
    Like you I thought that Simple would be the safest bet - what with the name and that.

4. plonks

plonks Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.36%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    keep going. i am a beauty therapist and used to work for clinque for years, and we always used to say that your skin might be bad before gets better, as it will be getting rid of all the muck underneath. keep going.

5. Shabba

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Cheers guys,

I am hoping it will be just clearing out the bad stuff :giggle: Im just annoyed i look worse than ever LOL I've only used it for a few days so i may keep going for a while and see how it goes.

6. pinkyfluff

pinkyfluff Grappling with life

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hiya

I too was always told that your skin adjusts to a new regime so bear with the spots!

I too can highly recommend Clinique, they have several varieties of one product to suit different skin types. I use a lot of clinique make up as well, their mascara is fab. If you really like to keep to a budget though pears soap is always a winner with me and superdrugs own offering on the simple line, not sure what it is called - simply pure?

I have recently bought the simply pure facial wash and spf moisturiser as I am seriously trying to cut down my beauty spending, both products have given me no reaction at all.

x x

7. *Sparkles*

*Sparkles* **2015 is my Year!**

Start Weight:
    19st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    yeah ive heard that the skin gets worse before it gets better so keep going :)
    Ive just bought Lush's angels on bare skin facial cleanser and its great, really gentle and leaves my skin super soft!

8. Smirky

Smirky Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro points
    your face does get worse first before better because like others have said it gets rid of the gunk first lol :) it is worth it have your face lovely and smooth in no time, also try no fragrances stuff, i had to use this at first because i had an reaction to the stuff some companies put in their products! :)

9. *Leah*

*Leah* Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    As said, keep at it :)

Get a good face masque too, I love the elemis lavender calming mask, you can get samples on ebay but it will be great for your skin right now, it's designed for breakouts. Smells LUSH and its ace to sit in your pj's with a masque on hehe.

10. Shabba

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Thanks guys! The simple stuff is fragrance free so at least i got that right :giggle:

I shall look into a face mask when i go shopping next :D always nice to chillax in the bath with one on

11. cinderzxx

cinderzxx Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    I changed to Liz Earle a couple of months ago after it was recommended to me by someone, its a tad pricey but its botanical and is really lovely, its my little luxury for myself!
    ... I had quite bad acne as a teenager luckily it hasnt scarred but I still get flare ups now and again this stuff seems to work ok but like you when i first started using it my skin was horrid for a while, definately gets worse before it gets better its just your skin adjusting to a new regime and balancing itself out again, and ridding itself of toxins and nasty stuff :)

stick with it hun youll notice the difference soon :)... bit like ww really lol!

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.