Becktoria Brand New SF diary!

Yeah that would b my downfall! The non fast days! Just screams chocolate to me! Ur doing really great beck!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

Yes at first I was eating choc every day on non fast days but I've reigned it in!
French cafe was lush and I think 1/2 a pain au chocolate, a croissant, a bit of baguette and a small amount of cheese was rather restrained considering it is breakfast and lunch today! Although maybe not, but think its ok cos I did boot camp this morning too!
I've decided to give up biscuits for lent. I don't really do lent as not religious but I currently have a nasty biscuit habit due to having a constant supply on my classroom for coffee mornings! I don't even really care for biscuits and never buy them for the house, so I reckon that giving them up would be good as I know I just nibble them cos they are there!
Excited for world buffet tonight- oh and a weigh in on my scales showed 2.8lb loss, so nearly lost what I gained last week. Also my boyfriend said last night that he couldn't feel the saggy skin on my arms and while it was still there, I'm hoping that might be that they are firming up, although its a bit soon!

Thars great news beck! I think that is a totally fine amount for dinner and breakfast tho u could have had a little more I think and still b ok!

Great news on the loss :) Mean you get to enjoy world buffet tonight much more ;) I am going to a chinese buffet next week after cinema on tuesday, it wouldn't usually be the sort of thing I would fancy as I can take or leave chinese generally but really quite looking forward to it. And also looking forward to not naturally trying to tot up the pps or syns in it too.

Glad you are enjoying bootcamp, and seeing results too. You are working things really hard at the sessions so I reckon it is totally pheasible that you could be seeing some results already. I definitely know what you mean about zumba. It was like that after I had tried body combat and kettlebells at my gym, zumba just never seemed to the same again! It seemed rather too tame and like if I was going to exercise I might as well be pushing myself harder than that.

French breakfast sounds very good indeed. And for lunch and breakfast not that extravagent at all. Biscuits seems like a good candidate for giving up for lent. I did briefly contemplate giving something up when some colleagues were thinking about it earlier but I think for the moment giving up eating for 24 hours twice every week is quite enough deprivation for me.

Ooh I've been greedy this evening and throughout the day actually, however, weirdly I don't feel uncomfortably full despite having all you can eat buffet (to be fair I never overdo those things) and a Creme egg and coconut kit Kat chunky (I did not enjoy the latter). I guess I'm filling up before tomorrows fast. Gonna attempt another full day but haven't thought about what to have for tea yet as not done a shop, so not sure what I can put together, I suspect roasted veg will be on the cards!

The coconut kit kats arent coconutty enough I dont think! White choc and mint should b the winners! I was so annoyed when they chose peanut insted of white choc cause they have been selling the peanut one for years anyway! Perhaps if I wasnt on ww I would have brought more white choc ones!

Having one bad up day shouldnt b too bad beck! I cant eat a huge amount at the all u can eat things either!

I'm not even a massive fan of kit kats I just fancied the coconut one but was disappointed. I ate it all though.
Decided I couldn't face a fast day today and I'm going to do mine tomorrow instead. That way I can plan a decent 500kcal meal to look forward to. Planning in a light day today to compensate for yesterday's greed especially as the scales aren't being too friendly today!

Glad you enjoyed the buffet, I'm really quite looking forward to mine next week :) Sounds like a sensible plan to switch the fast days to when you feel a bit more prepared and organised. I find it really helps get me through a day's fasting if I know exactly what I am going to be eating in the evening. My difficult one was in hindsight when i didn't have a very firm plan of things.

Mmm world buffet is my fave place to go out to eat at the moment - it also seems to be where most birthday meals out for people are lately as it keeps everyone happy as no matter what food you like there's something for everyone.

Shame you didn't like the coconut kitkat I really quite like them though the flavour is much more subtle that I expected it to be. X

My scales are being highly disagreeable! I'm going to fast tomorrow as planned but I need to exert a lot more control over my non fast days. I clearly can't eat like a normal person (I totally haven't today). I think I'm going to have to count either points or calories on non fast days. I am more inclined towards points. What are daily maintenance points allowance? I'm also gonna have to jack in this daily Weighing that I've become obsessed with!
This is today's food: I am ashamed

B- muesli and almond milk (normal portion about 40-50g)

S- chocolate heart
soya beans and seeds
Hot chocolate (not a lights one either)
Small piece of baguette with Philadelphia ex light

L- pain au chocolat

S- pain au chocolat (yes 2!)
Bigger chunk of baguette with butter and jam
Meringue nest
Pack of mini eggs at uni
Best part of a pack of fruit, nuts and seeds whilst at uni trying to stay awake

T- 2x crumpets with low low cheese and caramelised onion chutney

This is shameful. I know the scales prob aren't totally accurate but I'm going down a couple of lb after fasting and up a lot a couple of days later. I know it's cos I'm eating too much and I know that weighing every day is not a great plan either. I don't want to totally give up on fasting but then it'll be harder if I'm consciously restricting my intake on non fast days! Aaaarrrgh I'm annoying myself!

Dont worry beck im sure u will get the hang of it soon enough, counting pp is a good idea though, I think its 35pp to maintain!

Thanks Sarah, I'm very grumpy with myself about it! Also irritated cos I haven't been able to go to boot camp today due to my hip starting to really hurt yesterday and feeling the same today, I don't want to make it worse. At least after today it's half term!

Yes I would leave off the exercise least till it feels better else u might hurt it more then not b able to exercise for a longer time! Yes half term! Yay my daughters been off most this wk anyway and the first 2 days of our half term consist of a sping clean!

Aaaarggh what a day! I feel so very stressed! I'm so pleased its half term! Yes Sarah I'm planning a spring clean in Monday too.

I'm going back to pointing for now. I might have the odd 5:2 week when there are events that involve food but I think for now I need an element of control as my none fast days have been anything but! I'm not sure the novelty of eating what I want will ever wear off. Also fasting has shown me that I can cope with hunger just fine, which might make pointing easier, today for instance, I've missed lunch due to work issues and now, although I'm hungry, I'm thinking that I'll just hold out til tea and save the pp for something nice. Before fasting I'd be like, I'm hungry, I should eat!

Hip is feeling better, I might be able to brave a boot camp tomorrow if I can get there for 9am, how likely this is I don't know. I'm gonna get my hula hoop unwrapped this weekend too and do some hula!

Sorry to hear about the hip, bad way and that you are feeling frustrated with yourself :( Happy to hear that it's half term and you should have some time off to yourself. Have you got anything planned? Apart from the spring cleaning?

I think you have to do what feels right food-wise for you. If you feel you need a bit more control then back to counting might be the best option, I think its really true that the things you have experienced and learnt while doing the fasting should really help. Definitely agree that it changes your thoughts about hunger. I am sitting here nibbling on some radishes while I wait for tea to cook. They would definitely have been a crumpet or a biscuit with cheese before I started doing the fasting diet. And I guess you have the option as you say of having a fasting week when you have lots of food-based stuff planned or you just feel you need a break from constant pointing.

I'm holding on the hope that fasting will bring the losses for me that nothing else has but I am definitely not ruling out coming back to SF in the future.

Will b nice to have a pointing buddy beck! Sorry u cant get on with the fast diet but deff think id b the same with up days!

If u get up for boot camp all this wk when u dont have to u can have a pat on the back from me! I no I couldnt!

Aaaarggh what a day! I feel so very stressed! I'm so pleased its half term! Yes Sarah I'm planning a spring clean in Monday too.

I'm going back to pointing for now. I might have the odd 5:2 week when there are events that involve food but I think for now I need an element of control as my none fast days have been anything but! I'm not sure the novelty of eating what I want will ever wear off. Also fasting has shown me that I can cope with hunger just fine, which might make pointing easier, today for instance, I've missed lunch due to work issues and now, although I'm hungry, I'm thinking that I'll just hold out til tea and save the pp for something nice. Before fasting I'd be like, I'm hungry, I should eat!

Hip is feeling better, I might be able to brave a boot camp tomorrow if I can get there for 9am, how likely this is I don't know. I'm gonna get my hula hoop unwrapped this weekend too and do some hula!

I couldn't get on with fasting but unlike you I also can't 'do' hungry. It makes me feel ill, miserable and just plain lousy.

Hope your hip gets better soon.

Hi guys, thank you all for your support. I was so grumpy this morning and just so fed up- then work got crazy (staff issues of which I was involved unfortunately- nowt serious like redundancies or anything, more staff relationships and deep disagreements, I'm not good at conflict). Anyhow, at least it took my mind off the "fatty" thoughts!

Atomic I think you will do just fine on 5:2, you are eating really well on your non fast days and hopefully it'll continue to work for you.

Sarah- ill be amazed if I make it in at 6:45 one day this week but I'm hoping to. I quite like the thought of getting up, doing boot camp and then back to bed rather than work!

MrsM- I can only deal with the hunger by keeping busy, once I finish my evening meal I have to go straight to bath and bed!

Just had a yummy tea, this is my day, it's a 6 day week and I've taken 7 weeklies away so have 42.

Day 1 26dailies 42 weeklies

B- muesli-5pp
Almond milk-1pp

S- 3 chips-1pp
Strawberries
4 lindor-6pp (this is a guesstimate)

T- butternut squash and chicken gratin with fresh spinach leaves (I'm obsessed with spinach lately)-7pp

Later- 85g treat bag malteasers- 12pp

Total- 32pp
Weeklies used- 6pp

The evening meal was lush! Deffo far too much chocolate in there but i wanted some after today and I feel it is quite a controlled amount. I don't intend to have anymore for the rest of the week.

Great day beck! But I do think lindor r 2pp each?? Thats how I pointed them yesterday but it looks like uve had a good yummy food day otherwise!

And back to bed after boot camp sounds good!

Back