Ben's Big Battle with Junk Food

Next HUGE diary instalment due this evening... FYI :)

Friday 4th February 2011

Hey. Well it's been a long time since I've written an official entry. Lots of updates and check-ins, still check the site regularly, just haven't really had the chance to put some thought and effort into the writing - man, this teaching profession's hard work! Can't stay up past 10pm without feeling like poo the next day. Hence the reason why I'm ill as well.

SOOOO. Lots of things have happened.
  • I reached the 3 stone mark
  • I went to my cousin's wedding!
  • I passed my first NQT term with an OFSTED 'Good'
  • Went to my graduation!
  • Got a job interview in NEW YORK!!

It's been a great few weeks. Getting my 6th shiny 7 was really good too!

Wedding
Can't remember if I've already talked about this, but my cousin's wedding was fab. Managed to do 'oops upside yourhead' on the dance floor without feeling really self conscious, had bags more energy to run around after my nieces! And generally, felt really good about myself. I'd lost about 2 and a half stone by this point!

Graduation
My graduation was so much fun! Will upload a picture now!
Had so many nice comments and was really nice to strut around in a suit and not feel hideous! Few dodgy photos, of course. But as this was my first real goal, I'd just got into the next stone down for it and was on a high - and the professional pictures are going to look fab!

New Band
Banding is a big part of my life, and I was recently invited to join the B+R brass band who are currently ranked 2nd in the WORLD! So that's agreat thing too!

Lost 4lbs this week, which was definitely a shock after 2 steady weeks of 2lbs loss. So Not sure what Monday is going to bring!

Thought it was going to be a lot longer than this, but my eyes are badly drooping!

OOOOH! Almost forgot.
AMAZING NEWS.

I started at a 42" in waist in pretty much all areas, e.g. jeans/formal, etc... and was a definite XL/XXL kind of guy.

Me and my housemate chucked all my fat clothes away and just left better fitting clothes, so I had to go shopping. Even in Primark with smaller sizes I'm wearing MEDIUM! ASDA medium are a little looser, but still better! :)

Currently in 34" jeans from Burton!!! And 36" formal trousers!

SOOO HAPPY! :)

Night guys. Will try to write more coherently tomorrow!

Attachments

• 168046_10150091910189452_592279451_5825598_7295535_n.jpg
    168046_10150091910189452_592279451_5825598_7295535_n.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 47
How Amazing, Ben. And, thanks for updating!

I was beginning to think that now you are a "graduate" that you were thinking you were too good to post on this forum. ;)

Fingers crossed on the NY job, but you sound as if you are set either way. Yeah!

Congrats on the medium sizes and 4 pounds. Fab loss!

MinnieMel

Well done Ben! You are having a wonderful year & really it's all down to you! Congratulations.

So excited! Off to New York City tomorrow for a possible job interview and a weeks' holiday! :)

Will miss you all for a bit! Aiming to still point though!

B x

Happy Valentine's Day & Good Luck!!!

Congrats Ben... and good luck. Just turn on that English accent (not regional -- make sure they can understand you) and it'll work a charm. Americans are easily charmed by the English.

I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip... try to see a few museums and enjoy!

MM

Yeah, I've been quite a few times now actually. Really really love it. Actually out here for the prospect of getting a job, so we'll see how that goes! :)

Oh, and I talk Estuary English, so I'll be fine! :)

good luck with the interview! x

Lots of luck with the interview:p
What would happen about a work permit - would the school sponsor you?
Sorry - I'm very nosey;)

I THINK I GOT THE JOB!!!

Just got more meetings with Accountants and Attorneys to sort immigration! :D

OMG. Another thing. it's so hard to stick to the diet in New York... everything's so fatty, and breakfast is always bagels!!!!!!

It's only 15:52 here and I only have 10 points left for dinner haha

WhooHa!!!!

:happy096:

Way to go, Ben!!!

I am so proud of you!!!

MinnieMel

Congratulations:D

BEN!!!! Wowzer!! Fancy seeing you on here. How are you? Doing fantasically and looking slim and gorgeous by the looks of it!!! I can't believe I have just bumped into you on here haha. I have just read your diary and you have done soooo well...go you!!! Wooohooo!

I am on the cambridge diet at the moment..its hardcore and I have decided to only do it for 2 weeks in order to detox/kick start and loose the weight I have put on in the last year from my honeymoon and a month in Oz....well, a girl has to enjoy herself every now and then haha!!! I have assumed I will go back to slimming world but after reading your journey maybe I should give WW a go. I still can't believe I have seen you on here haha!!! FAB!!!! Hows all the composition and T Horn coming along? Are you still banding?? Anyway, hope your well and take care matey,

Michelle (Gurkin :)!) x x x

BEN!!!! Wowzer!! Fancy seeing you on here. How are you? Doing fantasically and looking slim and gorgeous by the looks of it!!! I can't believe I have just bumped into you on here haha. I have just read your diary and you have done soooo well...go you!!! Wooohooo!

I am on the cambridge diet at the moment..its hardcore and I have decided to only do it for 2 weeks in order to detox/kick start and loose the weight I have put on in the last year from my honeymoon and a month in Oz....well, a girl has to enjoy herself every now and then haha!!! I have assumed I will go back to slimming world but after reading your journey maybe I should give WW a go. I still can't believe I have seen you on here haha!!! FAB!!!! Hows all the composition and T Horn coming along? Are you still banding?? Anyway, hope your well and take care matey,

Michelle (Gurkin :)!) x x x

Hahaha! How weird is this, eh! Hope you're doing well!
Yeah I'm still banding, just joined Brighouse on 1st. Scary times under the King! How's the Army all going? Or was it the RAF? I forget!

I friggin' love WW, couldn't really get on it with SW, WW works for me, although this week in New YOrk has been an absolute disaster in terms of diet! Eeeek! But I've got a job starting in September in Brooklyn, so that's really exciting!

Need to catch up soon!
xxx

Just got on the scales and it's showing a 3lb loss for the last two weeks, which is pretty good considering I've been eating nothing but bagels and Chicken Parmiagana in New York!

Official weigh in tomorrow after school - hope it'll be ok! My mind's out of holiday mode now, and the next goal is to get into the 13s before the end of February!

Night!

Back