Big Boys Need Love Too!

You've got me convinced. I'm going to talk to Colleen about swimming again. :)

Just checking Taz. Injuries are funny things - I have to be quite careful with mine x

Yea - what is it with physios - mine said that too. Perhaps it's just that swimming is really good exercise - now there's a thought!!!

hmmm well, you've made me feel bad. remember the time when i used to go swimming haha? You know what it is... I think it's because I just can't be bothered to go, get wet, then have to shower before I head home. How lazy is that? hahaha. In all honesty, you know what i'd love? a dancing class. i'm barney on dancing - i used to go salsa before everyone else decided they wanted to stop going! We were so good during our first lesson that they bumped us straight up to intermediate class on the very same night and we outdanced the lot of 'em muhahahaaa:p It's all the greek dancing that me and my group of friends have done in the past...it really helps. You know what, I shall have a look around..

x

Well I did use the gym pool, but being PG I can't use anything really. They won't let you use the equipment, as the healthy and saftey thing, and of course you can't use the jacuzzi or the sauna, they won't let you take the classes because they are not adjusted for PG woman, and offer nothing in the way of classes for PG woman. Which is stupid, and then YOu can't even stop/freeze your membership for 4 months and you have to give them 3 month notice if you want to cancel and you lose out all around. I think that if woman is PG and to government want to help encourage healthy PG's then they should help pay the fees or the gyms should offer something in the way of yogo or pilates for PG woman and offer a reduced membership as we can't use 100% of the gym. It would encourage them to excersie during and after the birth. But that is just my opinion.

Still happy on the weight front. I have gained just under 3st. Ok I know it isn't great, but hell last time I gained 7st in total just before the birth. And I really only have about 11 ish weeks left or so. My plan was not to gain more than 4st, which I will I will achieve so when the baby is born I know I will lose at least 2 straight away, so I will have only actually gained 2 ish. So I am super chuffed with that.

I agree Jenn, being PG should be a reason to get more help.

Elle,

I love salsa dancing, I go with my mate in london when I go and visit, it's great fun! Loads of smelly sweaty men, though. Wouldn't be a bad thing if any of them were good looking! *LOL*

Uh, fingers crossed I am going to the bank tomorrow the mortgage company to loan us some money so we can pay off our debts. I am hoping it will be ok. We have perfect credit, money coming in, at least 50% equity in the house, so i can't really see the issue, but with the way things are at the moment, who knows. It will be good if we can get the money, Cuz I will pay off the cards and this time I will destroy them. Apart from one that I have was an uber low APR of 6.4% for life. We have managed to cuz all of our spending down and are saving about £1300 a month which is straight into the saving, which is a little more than the current mortgages on the house at the moment, so that is great. I've cut things down to just what we NEED. I didn't realise the waste we had going on. But hey ho that is life. If I can save that kind of money, I will have our next holiday done and paid for in no time.
So fingers crossed for us. If We don't get it, then it might not be such a pretty picture.

I can't dance to save my life. :(

We are cutting back a bit, no mortgage any more and we are both in work, at the moment anyway.

Jim,

Well my husband has his own company, and I can't get a job because I am pg, no one would hire me. I am here to raise my little one at the moment, so I stay home anyway. I haven't been in actual employment since the summer of 2004. I quit my job, and as it turned out I got pg 2 months later. I was gutted as I had been with them for 7 years and would have gotten maturnity! hahaha. Oh well.

I was amazed at the cuttbacks we could make. I even stopped my contact lenses which were £22 a month. I wear monthly lenses and tbh, I am really lasy about them and change them maybe every 2-3 months. I clean them once a week, but put them back in. So I have noticed I have 10 months worth of lenses in my cabinet, and that is if I wear them only for a month so i am sure I may very well get 2 years out of these lenses, considering I also wear my glasses sometimes to give my eyes a break. We cancelled setanta sports as my OH doesn't get much chance to watch it. And other similar bits and pieces. Which as we all know adds up.

The biggest and most gutting thing is we had our house paid off..all but £5000 after the 2 second year of buying, but then we took out a loan to pay our cards etc. Which was still not that bad, but then my MIL got into difficulty and so we ended up buying another house so that she would have someplace to live as the council wouldn't house her and she couldn't work and was on benifits. And this was just after we got ourselves straight. So then it after paying all the stuff with the second house and sorting it all out we got back into debt again ask we were constantly trying to cover our butts for the house etc and the fees ...So they we got another payout to cover the cards again and a loan and to do afew bits and pieces with regards to our house. But now, after 2 more years we are back to square one and having to do it again. I told my OH last time that I only wanted us to have 1 card that had a low amount on it to use for emergencies. And it isn't that we can't pay them cuz we can but with the way the currently financial climate is we don't want to take any chances. So, this time we are doing what I say and cancelling them all and only keeping my cheap interest 1 and that is all. We'll be saving in interest, and I have no doubt that in about 2 years we will be able to pay off the full value of the loan.

Geez, you must be annoyed, getting so close and then all that.

I have 1 credit card and 1 debit card. The credit card is amex cash back plan and I use it for all my work purchases and stuff.

yes absolutely. But the last big thing we didn't have much choice with my MIL. We had to get her a house as the only play she could get around here that would take dss was an apartment on the 5th floor of a very shabby building in not such a safe area. And as the time she had just had her second heart attack and was also told she had a pulmonary diease so, she needed a place on the bottom floor but there was no thing. She used to live in manchester but left her husband so they considered her voluntarily homless and if she lived with us she would get no benifits and she wouldn't find her any place to live so we really had no choice. We do get half the mortage paid for with her rent. But it still means we pay £400 a month just so she can live in the house.

Well, I will feel better tomorrow when we know either way. I am sure it will be fine, as I said we still have 50% equity in the house, and even with what we want to borrow, the house is still worth more than that, so I am sure it will all be ok.

It's just the waiting and explaining.

Good morning everyone :)

Stupid o'clock I know but I am just about to make the mad dash to Wale. MY DAUGHTER IS IN LABOUR and hopefully it is for real this time. I certainly should be cos she was due last Friday and the mid-wife did a sweep yesterday to stir things up.

I had the call around 4am and she wants us there for 8.45 to see her fellow's 9 year old down the drive to the school bus but we're not gonna make it for then and she's SO sensible anyway. The boys are being left with his 16 year old so she wants us there as soon as poss. That's fair enough.

So by the time you hear from me again I may well be a granny for the 3rd time! :)

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone - I've got a busy one, wish me luck :) x

Good morning all, Gemstone text me this morning but I see she also made it here before she left! I will report back when I get some news from Wales! Good luck Gem and the Stones! x

Awww Gem!! Congrats super nan!! lol, give her a hug from us all!

And yes, i know, here he is again, after many days of not being! lol.

My only excuse is i have the memory of a gnat! lol. I keep meaning to pop in, then something like booze or dvd night pops up and i get way laid all over again! lol.

Well news and gossip... hmm Well i have just reconected with my very first boyfriend which was a huge shocker! (Gotta love face book!) I am slightly happy as he has put on a huge amount of weight (I know its wrong, but he was an arse!) I still get this annoying tingle in my belly when i speak to him, which i hate myself for! lol. Hes the one who went straight after we broke up, or rather we broke up because he went straight! lol.
Thankfully he buggered off to Canada with his parents, so no need to worry about doing anything silly! lol

Then some random person posted a picture of me from 1990! One of my baby school photo's and all these people i used to know from Primary/Secondry school started posting on it, and i have got talking to a few of them, and now i am currently stuck in this weird flirting thing with one of them, he was a really weird kid, but i don't know what to make of him now!! lol

I am still planning on starting CD again, but i gotta get a job before i do it again, so i dont have to quit in the middle again, 1 restart will be hard enough lol.

Thats my man crisis done, now to my living crisis! lol

The plan was, for Dean and Fanny to move out when they finished at the end of the year, and me and Nat to stay together and just bring in 2 replacements, as the house we have is really nice, huge and really close to campus, not to mention pretty cheap. But since she has buggered off and left me, i am stuck lol. None of my other friends need a house next year, nor do they have an extra space for me to join them. So i have 2 options.

1) Go back to halls of residence
Pro: Its still in preston, close to campus, and means i can keep my social life and job (if i get one)
Con: Its so much more expensive than what i have been paying this year! (Talking 30-40 more! for much much much less room)

2) I move back home and live with my dad.
Pro: Much cheaper than even this year (No rent, no food bills) will finally force me to take my driving test!
Con: I will have to say goodbye to most of my social life, as i won't be a call away. I will run the (very high) risk of just getting much more lazy than i already am, and just skip most of my lessons. Especially if i have a timetable like this year, where its 2 hours here, and then huge gaps between my classes.

Hard choices!!!!

Oh, and i am quickly turning into a really weird sleeper. I don't think its insomnia, as i am sleeping, but at really stupid times. I can't sleep at night full stop. I don't think i have fallen asleep before 5am for over 2 weeks now. On the rare chance i do drop off before then, its for 1-2 hours and then i am up and wide awake again. Then it comes to mid day and i am knackard and falling asleep for 4-5 hours during the day. Its a really stupid cycle and its so not possible to break atm lol. If i stay awake, i end up dropping off in class, which is bad, very bad, as i snore lol. Take tonight. I dropped off about 2am. And was wide awake again at 4:15, and sat doodling ideas for a tattoo, i even translated mother from sign language, into written sign language (Sign Linguistics, most interesting subject i have had this year!!)

Thankfully, the last week or so, i have had a book to read (Ok, it took me 2 days to read it the first time! lol) Its called Twilight, and its the book version of the movie with Robert Pattison. Who, i must add, i no have such a huge crush on its not even funny!! lol. Don't read it unless you want to be whisked off your feet by a perfect vampire bloke. lol.

Anyway, i think i have now babbled for far to much, i must be high off the marker pen i have been doodling with! lol.

Hope your all ooki!

Morning Hi Martyn, moving back home isn't an option really is it. That's almost a sign of defeat. I'm sure you will find something mate. I hope so.

good morning everyone. it's taken me a while to catch up. gem!! thinking of you and your family!! can't wait to hear all the news.

tyn. it's great to see you again :)

i seem to have been eating constantly for the last few days so am back on 1000 cals a dayish. not doing cd this week really as we are so skint but i have a few packs left, one of which i am going to have for brekkie now, and i'm going to watch the calories i'm eating. i seem to have gained about half a stone this week but am putting that down to absolutely terrible water consumption. at least two litres of water today!! are you up for the challenge elle? (and thank you so much for the card and your lovely poem :D) and when are you coming to visit me?

got the guys' wedding suits this last weekend (on my birthday). not too convinced on the colour of the waistcoats so i may have to go and look at them again. but thomas looked just spiffy :)

couldn't get to sleep again last night, so am absolutely shattered. need to take the nytol i bought before i go to bed (i keep forgetting until i've been lying there trying to sleep for ages) but once it does it's trick i'm out like a light!!

it has taken me an age to catch up!! ha. so i'm going to pootle off for the timebeing :)

abz xx

Morning abz, not fun when you can't sleep is it love. Yes, get your water down you now. :)

Back