Big Brother

oh dearie me
how did she think she could say that after all thats happened last time.....what a twat
blimey and so the fun begins:sigh:

I can't believe anyone would use the N word. Totally offensive. :( I never liked Emily anyway, from day one I could tell she was a "I love myself" pain in the bottom lol.

Big brother removed her because it was expected of them.
They had no choice really though I cannot see it as Justice.
I didn't like her because she was a snobby cow but if you go read Big Brother forums its all so mad! Starting petititions to get her out the country etc...
She didn't say it as an evil comment, but trying to mingle with her pals. This country has gone mad. Wanting to burn her for one comment... doesnt that make this country one big bully and much worse than ANY comment?
She was silly for saying it after last time but i dont think she deserves the bullyish behaviour aimed at her now.

The word IS offensive but I can't see how people buy Snoop Doggs records when he uses it about 10 times each song. Why was Jermaine Jackson not kicked for saying "Silly little white *****" and why was Shabaz not kicked for saying Pak* Poof? All double standards and i'm sick of it x

It all smells a bit fishy to me. I wouldn't be surprised if Endemol had planted her in there to say just that so they could show off their new zero tolerance policy, and boost ratings as the show is already dull.

I think this show is already really fab. It didn't start off slow like it normally does.

Emily was a spoilt pain from day one. I am surprised she lasted so long! Tricking Ziggy, lying and saying rude things continuously ...... it was just a matter of time.

Fink she was just trying to be all street etc etc

blown out of proportion cos nowadays you cant say jack...but she shouldnt have been kicked out she didnt say it in a fight - she was getting 'down' wit it, getting all enimen on our ass.

They can say awful things about Laura - never seen a salad? etc etc and pickin on a certain aspect - i;m thinking George Galloway here but you cant be all street

Word!

erm doesnt work when i do it...

Ivy

What do you reckon to tonights BB then?

Do you think Emily realised the seriousness of the situation?

Do you think it bothered her...well until BB told her she had to leave?

Was Charley offended (even though she said she wasn't)?

Do you think Charley blew it up somewhat because she was upset about it and couldn't get it off her mind, or another motive?

Oh and why do they have to say the F word in every sentence??? They really ought to take a leaf out of Poohs book. 'Bother' is such a useful term when cross or shocked.:rolleyes:

in my humble opinion Emily did not realise what she said was offensive, she was trying to be cool and in with the girls, but and this is the crux of it, ignorance is not bliss, naievity is no excuse and she messed up
the word is hugely offensive it is rooted in slavery and cannot be tossed into conversation lightly by young white chicks with plumbs in their mouths
double standard or not that is how it is
yes Charley was very shocked, her face was an absolute picture, im not sure if she was offended but think she genuinely was puzzled that Emily would say that

Emily was silly, big brother had no alternative but to get rid,
hope this is the last episode of this type we will see:rolleyes:

I think Charley totally milked the situation and i think that Channel 4 only evicted Emily because they were convinced that Charley would milk it even more once she was out of the house.

As a previous poster (Ivy) said, she only said it to appear as if she was "down with it" ...... Young black men refer to each other as the "N" word every day......and rap stars litter their songs with the word...... Yet a white girl says it and then suddenly she's a vile racist who wants to bring back concentration camps.

People can't have it both ways..... they can't say "I'm a n****r ......... but you can't call me that."

I'm in total agreement with Steven Amos who was on BBBM last night when he said that Channel 4 was completely right to evict Emily.

I don't care how 'street' she thought she was being (or trying to be). The word she used was totally unacceptable and unforgivable.

Just because a tiny minority of black people use the word in, presumably, a post-modern ironic way, I believe that the vast majority of people of every race, creed or culture know and understand that it is a vile, derogatory term that is not to be used in any scenario.

I once saw a tv programme where an academic (black female, not that it matters) interviewed these 'gangstas' about their use of the word. When she explained to them that the word was originally used by white slave masters, most of them were quite shocked, as they had had no idea.

When offensive words are used frequently by some, their usage spreads as others copycat their behaviour. That doesn't make it right. Ears become hardened to their shock value and they trip off the tongue more easily. That doesn't make it right either.

As a teacher and a parent, I find quite often that children use words when unsure of their meaning. If your 8 year old tells your mother to f*ck off, for example, you don't sit there and smile, saying - ooh bless her, she doesn't understand what she's saying (and that's not my child btw - just hypothetical - my kids know they'd be in serious trouble if they showed disrespect to an adult).

If Emily was my child, I would be absolutely furious with her (and myself, as I would have felt that somewhere along the line, I would have failed as a parent).

I feel very strongly about this - sorry if I've come across as lecturing lol.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh and I think that Charley was genuinely shocked, upset and offended - as anyone would be if they were so revoltingly insulted by someone they'd only known for 5 days!

I think that she honestly liked Charlie and her youth made her question her own gut reaction and then panic a bit because she didn't want Emily to get into trouble. But she just couldn't stop thinking or talking about it - bless her.

Will be interesting to see how she copes now that it's out in the open.

People can't have it both ways..... they can't say "I'm a n****r ......... but you can't call me that."

:eek:
dont think that many ordinary knowlegable people would do this, its a small minority
the vast majority of black people would not dream of calling each other this
[apart from complete idiots anyway]
and as I said before, white people just cannot say it, double standard or not that is just the way it is:)

Still, I'm sure everyone's mind will be taken off it tonight as two more blurkes are going in.

Politics will be cast aside as the girlies pounce on the fresh meat lol.

xxxxx

yes bbbm was good last night actually, g galloway is doing a good job actually
quite like him though a bit handsome and twinkly eyed isnt he
better than russell 'skinny jeans' brand
[nat quickly runs before janey throws shoes at her head]:p

ohhhhh yes some eye candy please, muscly tall, handsome intelligent
oooops getting carried away now:cool:

Back