Big Brother

NEWS fLASH!!!

Lesley's gone :eek:

Anyone know any details??

think she had been threatening to walk for a while.... said it yesterday and they asked her to think about it overnight... so she obviously did and still wanted to go!!!

she wasn't a bad housemate!

...and so you should be. If you are going to tell me as fact that all black people refer to each other/themselves as n*gger then the evidence needs to be somewhat more substantial than a quote from a "neighbour" OR telling me to "walk the streets of X,Y,Z city" - it's your point, you prove it.

Your initial point was making reference to terminology you *think* is used regularly AMONGST those of the same ethnic grouping .... black people in the original context.

I know of no Chinese or people of Asian origin (lets face it, not all shops are owned by Pakistani people) who refer to themselves with those terms. What you've described above is language used by a group of people to describe another group. Who is the "everyone" you make reference to?
Totally different argument entirely I'm afraid ....... :whistle:

So then I must be a hypocrite. :)

No worries. I'd rather have you think me a hypocrite than have you think I use language of such very low order. You and I must mix in different worlds because I know of no one who talks in those terms. My world is chock full of hypocrites ... yours is not. :)

One deduces that you use the disgusting 'terminology' to reference people of differing groups you've described above, after all it would be a trifle foolish to describe yourself as a "hypocrite" .

For what it's worth language and jokes of that ilk disgusts me. What disgusts me even more is someone telling me that people of those groups should, in effect, put up or shut up as "since they use the language amongst themselves" [sic], which is obviously NOT true.

I think Emily was silly - youth aside, she should have known better than to use that remark and IF it is something she and her friends (black, white, green whatever) use amongst themselves then she should have had the foresight to know not to use it with someone she barely knew and on national TV. Charley was milking the situation because she probably knew she created a bad impression of herself following the argument with Chanelle.

Big Brother doesn't just manipulate the contestants, it manipulate the viewing audience also. They have made a big thing of this because they want to be seen as proactive since the Shilpa Shetty incident. They've milked this for themselves. They could have easily removed Emily quietly, instead they now have the second highest viewer ratings for the series so far ...... well done Endemol, masters of reality television publicity :cool::cool:

Firstly i never said "black people" i said young black males..... and i never said ALL young black males..... you put the "all" in yourself,

Also i never said chinese and asian people refer to themselves in those terms, i said people on here and those that deny it i will call liars and hypocrits because those terms are used in everyday life..... although i'm sure many Chinese and Asian people do refer to themselves in such ways.

And i have used those terms and probably worse but i don't think it makes me a racist , it may make me a little bit stupid for one moment for not being able to find more appropriate words to express myself..... but racist, No...... just as i wouldn't class any black, asian or whatever a racist if they called me white trash. They are just words...... sticks and stones etc.....

You made a reference to me to stop reading the Daily Mail and The Sun..... is it because you think the readers of such papers are low educated racists? Thats just as sweeping a statement as the one you accused me of......

And as for your "screwdriver" statement to open my mind, the very fact that i have witnessed these things and can determine if something said to me is said in a racist or joking sense, makes me feel that my mind has been opened a lot more then some.

Attention:

Glorious_Day and Cah-ching!!!

Your argument is going nowhere as you both have your own Strong views on this subject and you can now agree to disagree or I will have to close down this thread.

Admins.

Reactions: DQ
Any more info on Lesley????

I have just checked the tellybox for tonight and there seems to be a BBLB and a Big Brother on tonight.... Is that normal for Saturday night?????

Can't wait to see how the new boys are getting on!!!!

Any more info on Lesley????

I have just checked the tellybox for tonight and there seems to be a BBLB and a Big Brother on tonight.... Is that normal for Saturday night?????

Can't wait to see how the new boys are getting on!!!!

How many new boys joined last night. I missed it!

Also, am I the only person who thinks that Ziggy looks older than his 26yrs? :cool:

2 new boys.... both gay.... one greek and one irish...

i think ziggy is delicious......

Attention:

Glorious_Day and Cah-ching!!!

Your argument is going nowhere as you both have your own Strong views on this subject and you can now agree to disagree or I will have to close down this thread.

Admins.

I quite like the idea of "!!!" after my name ;) Looks good. :D

Point taken Mini. I'm sure that Glorious_Day and I can agree to disagree :) and it's always harder to have a 'conversation' via a messaging board than it is in person.

I personally should have just made my point and zipped up!:D No hard feelings eh Glorious_Day? ;)

My sincerest apologies to EVERYONE ......

Thanks Cah-Ching!!! ;)

Reactions: DQ
Oh my god... that is bizarre.... you guys were separated at birth!!!!

She is a good lookin girl.. as are you!!

I totally agree. :D

Hes never 26!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

LOL! Apparently he's 26 yrs old. I think there was some kind of typo .... more like born in 1926 :giggle: nope I'm being harsh there ... but yeah he's 26! I'd have put him at 34 bless him!

Back