Big G to Great South Run Participant 2013

No not itching today thank goodness. Saw Dr this morning who dismissed nerve damage and followed it up with "some people just have lower pain thresholds than others". He was very lucky I didn't decide to test his pain threshold after that comment!!! Anyway definitely stuck here until tomorrow to see the pain team.

Biggest problem being here is it is giving me far too much time to think (at least when the scary old lady in my bay isn't shouting at me for not looking out of the window or accusing me of stealing her socks). And thinking, as we all know, is not necessarily a good thing and has only served to highlight some of the huge gaping holes in my life that I really want to do something about but don't know how.

I want to be a family. I am very lucky to have an amazing daughter, but never imagined it would be just me and her. I love her to bits, but having grown up in a busy household it can be incredibly lonely with just the two of us. But being a single mum of one is hard, I couldn't imagine being a single mum to several children! I just want to find someone, fall mutually hopelessly in love, etc etc you know the story. It doesn't help that my sister met the man of her dreams at 16, engaged at 18, married at 20, still together in their perfect little world at 28. Jealous? Me? Too damn right. Sorry bit deep and meaningful for a Sunday morning!!!

Everyone had their own version of perfect.

Sounds corny but I think everything happens for a reason, you'll meet your Mr.Perfect when the time is right.

In the meantime, enjoy your Daughter and enjoy living for the now.

My biggest flaw is that I'm looking at the future, what's next etc... I need to learn to appreciate the now and make full use of it. All too soon it'll pass. X

Yes I am terrible for looking to the future. I have big plans for my future and losing the weight is just the first step in my master plan.

Lunch is actually edible today. Makes a change! I just don't understand the mini carrots though!1372590587401.jpg

I think it's good to spend time looking at where we are in life....

We all want better things for ourselves & sometimes that means not appreciating what we've got....

As much as our lives could be better, they could be a lot worse....

On that note it looks like a Major Gain this week, those blow outs hurt!!

Tomorrow is the start of another week....

Positive Thoughts People!!

Oh dear, but you will shift it fast!

Still in hospital, at least until tomorrow. Looks like I have acquired nerve damage from the op. Marvellous and suitably ironic: I had nerve damage in my elbow for two long horrible years after breaking it. Finally got that fixed 6 weeks ago. Had nearly 4 weeks free of nerve pain, and now I have it again somewhere different. Nerve pain sucks.

The good news is my mobile is on Three. Which means unlimited mobile Internet. Which means tvcatchup app and netflix, which means I haven't completely lost the plot! Used 8gb of data last month. Making full use of "unlimited" :) started watching Breaking Bad last night. Big mistake! Love it! 5 episodes last night, on 5 th episode so far today. Sorted.

Meal of the day 1372696652703.jpg

I'm free!

Glad to here your out Cazza....

6.5lb on last night....

Motivation all gone with one step on some scales!!

Not a good day today & couldn't face exercise....

Bad eating & drinking certainly catches up with you!!!

Think how far you've come Gav.

This is just one blip in the road. It happens to us all.

C'mon mate, you can do it x

Think how far you've come Gav.

This is just one blip in the road. It happens to us all.

C'mon mate, you can do it x

A good night's sleep is what's required to clear my mind....

Tomorrow is a new day & I need to set new plan's and targets....

Food went a little wrong today but it was one weak moment, 100% from tomorrow to real it back in!!!!

A good night's sleep is what's required to clear my mind....

Tomorrow is a new day & I need to set new plan's and targets....

Food went a little wrong today but it was one weak moment, 100% from tomorrow to real it back in!!!!

That's the spirt!

One bad choice doesn't mean a bad week. We all make errors of judgement, we're only human and losing weight is a life-long commitment.

Remember - nothing tastes as good as being slim and healthy feels. X

Sort it out Gav!

I am home. Well sort of. I'm actually at my dad's, but it is way better thann being in hospital. I have however discovered, to my peril, that takeaway is now permanently off the menu for me. My body just can't tolerate it. We got a Chinese, which was lovely, but it didn't stay put long. Of course in terms of my health this is excellent news (I previously lived on takeaways) But can't help but feel a little blue. Just the icing on the cake I guess after a rubbish few weeks.

Going to cheer myself up by weighing myself in the morning (hopefully!). Surely a week in hospital should have shifted a couple of pounds.

Good luck getting back on it tomorrow Gav, you can do it! I am really missing exercise, never thought I would say that! Can't wait to be well enough to start back at martial arts!

Well a good start to the day, a nice morning stroll....3 miles in 33 Minutes & 7km on the bike at the gym!!!!

Followed by Shredded Wheat with Skimmed milk & a boiled egg....

Nice! Well done, excellent start to the day

A dear friend got taken from us today....

An early 30's former rugby player who enjoyed life....

RIP MATT....

Life has certainly been put into perspective today!!

Friends of mine knew him too, a few have commented about it on Facebook. Can only assume it is the same Matt. 35 apparently, shocking :( how you are as ok as you can be xxx

Back